Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Hybrid View

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!

Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Please view our Forum's Frequently Asked Questions and Archive's Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Per my routine it seems, I am double posting (which is STILL bad) with the unanswered question from the last Ask a Mod thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhi for HP
    Hi mods,

For some reason I can't change my avatar. It's definitely within size constraints. When I go to upload it from my computer the way I always do and then click 'save changes', the page loads as blank white, and that's it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rhi

And I'm sorry to say that I don't have the answer but I am hoping another mod does, hehe.

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Is there some sort of 'Report Abuse' function on the archives?

I just read a review for a fic I was thinking of reading, and this person left a review that was seriously wrong. It wasn't about the fic so much as an attack on the author and the genre itself. It was very nasty, and I felt offended on behalf of the author. The author did respond, but that was none too kindly, either.

This may be none of my business, but I know that tolerance amongst members is our goal here, and I thought you should know. If you want the details of the fic/review in question, I can PM it to you.

Thank you, fabulous Mods.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    I will be sending you a PM shortly. Thank you for keeping us in the loop .

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks
    Hello Mods,

I haven't been able to edit my avatar for a long time. Is this something to do with that server change? Is anyone else having problems?

Please help.

~Natalie.
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Natalie, I've been having the same problems. I have a feeling it probably is related to the server switch, as it was about that time when I first heard of people unable to switch their avvies. I'm not overly worried about it, but I'm curious as to why.

And my main reason for stopping in:

Recently, I've been diving in to 6th-7th and Professors rated fics, and many of them are multi-chaptered. Because of this, I get warnings between some chapters, saying that this fic has content unappropriate for younger readers, and stuff to that extent. I wouldn't mind this if it happened every three or four chapters, or once per story, but there have been times where I'd get the same warning while trying to get to a new chapter up to five times.

My question is, is it possible to turn off these warnings? I'm aware of what I'm reading, and not bothered by any content that I won't see coming. They are useful, but I'd prefer living without them, if I can.

--Selina

7. 03-31-2010, 07:47 AM

8. 03-31-2010, 10:33 AM

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Hello mods,

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason I can see the staff forum? Just wanted to let you know that it is suddenly in my view.

- Mercy

~*~Duelling~*~Writing~*~Drabble-ing?~*~Felix Lupin~*~
    Positively amazing A Mix of Alliances and Sentiments trailer by lunaselenia.

Beautiful banner by the talented the opaleye. Indefinite hiatus due to university.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Oh goodness! And I believe Roxy is the only one with the power to change it and she's just gone off to bed! Oh well, there's nothing too confidential in there - just our usual random, and slightly crazy ramblings.

I'm not sure when Roxy will next be online, so it might just have to stay there for now - don't expect it to stick around too long though.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Closed Thread