Thread: Yaxley

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

Yaxley

Here's all I know about him:

1. He was a spy in the Ministry (when Voldie was rising to power--again).
    2. We don't know what his first name is.
    3. He was one of the original DE (as in he was around for both wars).
    4. He was witness to Snape killing Dumbledore.
    5. He was the Head of Magical Law Enforcement (DH).
    6. He is "defeated" by George and Lee.
    7. It is presumed that he was either sent to Azkaban or killed--this is never answered by JKR.

If anyone could fill me in on more information, it would be very much appreciated.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I think that's about it. I found on the Lexicon that he also sat in on the Muggle-born Registration Comittee, and was the one who grabbed hold of Hermione in DH and was taken inside the Fidelius Charm on Grimmauld Place. He was also dueling Flitwick in the fighting in the Entrance Hall.

He was never caught after Harry defeated Voldemort in 1981, so we can assume that he was good at talking his way out of trouble.

On the Black family tree there is a Lysandra Yaxley who is probably a relative of some sort. She had three daughters, one of who was disowned for marrying Septimus Weasley, so this woman is probably not a grandmother but an aunt of some sort. This makes him related through marriage to a fair few families, including Ron.

I think that's everything!

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Thank you, Sarah. ^^ Do you remember when he was taken inside the Fidelius Charm? Was this before or after Christmas?

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Liandrin
    Thank you, Sarah. ^^ Do you remember when he was taken inside the Fidelius Charm? Was this before or after Christmas?

It was before Christmas, during the raid on the Ministry, which was 2 September, 1997 (DH 12:223-9 Magic is Might).
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Something that has just occurred to me on reading your questions, is what would have happened to him after the 'Magic is Might' chapter.

On the one hand, Yaxley had the Trio literally in his grasp and let them get away, but he also - probably - got access to Grimmauld Place. Depending on how he spun this to Voldemort, he could get away without being punished - much.

It's not clear really whether he did manage to get access. It's Hermione's theory that he was now a Secret Keeper, but we don't really know.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Just been reading DH again and just got a few things to add, if you're still looking for information. He was the one who placed the Imperius Curse on Pius Thicknesse, the one who was Minister under Voldemort. Yaxley is also taller than Snape.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

wilted_orchid
    A very minor point I managed to glean, which has the potential to make a difference to characterisation of Yaxley would be that he is capable of strong non-verbal magic as he takes down Greyback during the Battle of the Astronomy Tower with a non-verbal incantation.

The other fact I managed to find (HPW) was that it is likely Yaxley is related to Lysandra Black (née Yaxley), wife of Arcturus Black II and maternal grandmother of Arthur Weasley, and thus to the Black, Crouch, Longbottom, Potter, and Weasley families, albeit distantly.

Hope that helps!