Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madam Pomfrey's One-Shot Triathlon - Winners announced!

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Carole, I, too, would say that Bill is a minor character, because even though he's in the Order etc., he only seldomly appears in the books and doesn't have that much influence on Harry. So I give you your yay. Go ahead, looking forward to reading the story.

I'm also going to move Bill's character thread to minor characters. Thanks for pointing that one out.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Being Saved by Our Guardian Anglia
    Hey, I was just wondering if you can participate in one of the later rounds if you didn't participate in the first? Wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask. I completely didn't even notice this until just now. xD

TheCursedQuill
    I thought I'd answer for Bine on this one, save her a minute from her life

Yes, you can participate in a later round, it's right under the rules for the triathalon. Not everyone has to compete in every round, it's just whatever you feel like doing!

-Sarah

Bine: Thanks, Sarah!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    For prompt two in the third round, would it be okay to have my main OC younger than school age? It'd still be in the school holidays, but it would be her older sister that was home for the holidays, not her. Would that still qualify?

EDIT: Yep, that all fits. Thanks, Bine

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

If the story's focus lies with your OC and she is not too much younger than school age and is having the "adventure" with her sister, then it's fine.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Hi

This is a one-shot-challenge. I've just submitted an entry (Moon) and realised (stupid me) that I've managed to break the 10,000 word limit for a single chapter (by 800 words). The story is split into 6 sections with the sixth being a sort of epilogue. Am I okay to submiy the five as "complete" then add the epilogue later?

I seem to make life very difficult for myself.

Neil

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    It’s the summer holidays. How does your chosen character spend the day? What adventures are lurking just outside the door?
    I am tempted to answer this one with my Chinese OC Song Feng. The problem is that the school doesn't really have "summer" holidays... at least not in the way that Hogwarts (and presumably Beauxbatons and Durmstrang do).

I've arranged the school year calendar to reflect traditional Chinese holidays and since the Chinese calendar is lunar, the dates are a little fudgy... They start school around mid-September, maybe as late as early October and then go til December. Then they have a break from late December to possibly as long as early February (Winter Solstice-New Year's basically), which is their long break. Then they have a short break in spring (like a week), and then "summer" break is about a month around the time of the Mid-Autumn Festival.

For reference, this year the Mid-Autumn Festival will be 22 of Sept. In 2011, it'll be 12 of Sept and in 2012 it'll be 30 of Sept.

All of that said, can I write the prompt even if the school doesn't have summer holidays? The Mid-Autumn break could probably be stretched into summer if need be.

I hope that wasn't overly confusing.

No, it wasn't confusing. And in some places *coughmybundeslandcough* the summer holidays are very late in the year, too, so yeah, you can use the mid-autumn break for your story.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Bine, for the third Triathlon round, more specifically the prompt for a loved one who's died, does the dead loved one have to die before the story starts, or can the loved one die during the story and the OC does all the dealing with it etc. after that.

Apologies if that was confusing.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

As long as your OC has to deal with her feelings after losing someone beloved, it doesn't matter if the person dies during or before the story.