Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SPEW Introduction Thread

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Name: Soraya
    Penname/Author's Page: xxbabewithbrainsxx
    House: Ravenclaw
    Why You're In SPEW: I love reviewing! It's so satisfying, telling someone what a lovely job they've done.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Gone With The Wind, anything by Dennis Lehane and Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series. Yeah, I like a lot of crime stuff, but I also like kiddy stuff.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: I read. And write. And go to school. And eat out. Oh, and somewhere in between I do all the boring stuff, like sleeping.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Fluff and romance, although lately with my Dark/Angsty James/Lily WIP I have been writing darker stuff -- although still with romance in it!
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: ToBeEtc, Equinox Chick, Gmariam, jenny b, hestiajones, Northumbrian, MagEd, Kerichi and loads of others!
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: James/Lily, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione and Remus/Tonks
    Favourite Story You've Written: Checkmate! My baby. It's still a work in progress but what I've written is probably my best work.
    Three Random Things About Yourself:
    Erm...I'm Muslim. I've written a novel. I love...chips and chicken!
    Last edited by babewithbrains; 08-30-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Hello! The newbie tiara is very pretty

Name: Alex
    Penname/Author's Page: welshdevondragon
    House: I find myself temporarily in Hufflepuff, but really I belong in Gryffindor
    Why You're In SPEW: I really like reading good fanfiction, and am looking forward to being able to discuss it with other people/ get recommendations and also actually write good reviews rather than my old "that was amazing!" ones. I am getting better though.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Ummm...a long list. George Eliot, Camus, Dostoyevsky- most 19th century Russians actually, Austen, Raymond Carver, Alice Munro, David Mitchell (not the comedian, the author), AS Byatt, Jennette Winterson. They are all geniuses and seriously I could go on. Recently however I've been reading Sandman comics.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Read Sandman comics at the moment. Write, knit, try and understand the Dublin transport system enough to get to the sea. Read. Make disastrous attempts at cooking.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: I don't think I'm known for anything really, but I tend to write dark stories where characters aren't usually that nice to each other. And I really love writing OCs.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: fg_weasley, ToBeOrNotToBeGryffindor, ron lover, Hatusu.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Characters- Hagrid, McGonagall, Molly Weasley. I like most canon pairings but think at some point in their lives Neville and Luna were together.
    Favourite Story You've Written: I think "Thin Red Lines" just because it is the longest story I've started and completed. There's a novel twice as long on my laptop, but it isn't finished. When it is (and when it's got a title) that'll be my favourite just because I've been writing it since I was fourteen.
    Three Random Things About Yourself: (1)I either want to be a theatre director or archaeologist "when I grow up", but definitely want to be a writer.
    (2)I love travelling and am desperate to go to Kashmir and Ladakh, in India.
    (3) The floor in my room is invisible due to being covered in clothing, books and uni notes.
    Banner by Minna.

Simply Being
    Name: Danielle
    Penname/Author's Page: Simply Being
    House: RAVENCLAW
    Why You're In SPEW: I was invited And I've heard great things!
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Hunger Games, Everything is Illuminated, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Speak, Anything Shakespeare, Ender's Shadow, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Water for Elephants, The Count of Monte Cristo...and a lot more.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Sleep. Eat. Play piano. Watch movies. Fangirl Harry and Darren Criss...
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Dark/Angsty. Gotta love it! I've also written a fluff fic, weirdly enough.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: A few samples...Hatusu, Colores, Black Iris, FullofLife, the_bartender713.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: I'm so canon it's sad. Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione.
    Favourite Story You've Written: Leaves I wrote it years ago and I'm still really proud of it!
    Three Random Things About Yourself: My cat is evil, I'm going to college/university next year, and I love Asian food even though I'm Italian ().

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Name: Meg
    Penname/Author's Page: MissMeg
    House: Ravenclaw
    Why You're In SPEW: To make myself review more.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material:
    -Harry Potter Series, by JK Rowling
    -Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
    -The Good Master, by Kate Serdey
    -Gone With The Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
    -1984, by George Orwell
    -Animal Farm, by George Orwell
    -The Giver, by Lois Lowery
    -The Crucible, by Authur Miller
    -Emily Dickinson
    -I primarily read nonfiction, but I think I'll leave off the endless list of my favorite nonfiction books.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: read, sleep, sew. Ballet, school, etcÖ
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Iím not really known for anything, (except maybe my obnoxious behavior on the boards).
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories:
    -Dory_the_Fishie
    -Vindictus Viridian
    -MagEd
    -hestiajones
    -Gmariam
    -ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Dumbledore is currently my favorite Harry Potter character, and I donít have an OTP.
    Favourite Story You've Written: Light (since itís the only one Iíve got on the archives)
    Three Random Things About Yourself:
    -I am addicted to baking chocolate.
    -I sew, and enjoy historic costuming, quilting, and making doll clothes.
    -I buy books like some women buy shoes.

-Meg