Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The February Fiction Junction Challenge: I Challenge Thee

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Prompt: Write a story about Percy Weasley's first trip to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes (he does not have to go willingly).
    CLAIMED!

Prompt: Write about James I. first flying lesson. It does not go well.

Alternate: Elaborate on Arthur Weasley's secret hidden talent. He is still at school.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Prompt: Write about James I. first flying lesson. It does not go well.
    Claimed

I challenge thee to write a Next Gen fic involving Scorpius and Dominique Weasley. There does not have to be any romace involved, but it's a possibility.

Alternate

I challenge thee to write a Fred and george prank that goes very badly wrong, leaving Dumbledore and McGonagall with a no choice but to give them a harsh detention.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole
    I challenge thee to write a Next Gen fic involving Scorpius and Dominique Weasley. There does not have to be any romace involved, but it's a possibility.
    Bang, that's mine!

I challenge thee to...

Write a romance between Neville and Cho, set right after her breakup with Harry.

Alternate:

Write about a date between Hagrid and Madame Maxime. It can go well, or it can be a disaster - your choice.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

sorrow_of_severus
    originally posted by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Alternate:

Write about a date between Hagrid and Madame Maxime. It can go well, or it can be a disaster - your choice.
    I'll take it.

I challenge thee to write a story about how Andromeda reacted when she realized her daughter was a Metamorphagus.

Alternate:

I challenge thee to write about how Dumbledore learned to speak Mermish.

mahogany_wand
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow_of_severus
    I challenge thee to write a story about how Andromeda reacted when she realized her daughter was a Metamorphagus.
    I'll take this one! It'll give me something to do while I'm snowed in.

I challenge thee to write a story about a day in the life of a house elf. Here's the catch: it can't be an elf named in the HP books (Dobby, Winky, Kreacher)

Alternate:
    I challenge thee to write a story that involves a member of Harry's year going on a job interview. (Neville, Hannah Abbot, Pansy Parkinson etc.)

~M_W

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    I challenge thee to write a story about a day in the life of a house elf. Here's the catch: it can't be an elf named in the HP books (Dobby, Winky, Kreacher)
    *yoink*

I challenge thee to:

Write a fic about the centaurs in the forest. It must be from one of the centaur's POVs and be based on the happenings within the tribe.

OR

Write a fic around Draco/Ginny and the yule ball. It can be from any POV but it must be based on the relationship. It can, of course, be AU. You can have them together or just *wanting* to be together, either is fine.

Henjoy!

Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

DracoGurlFurever
    Quote Originally Posted by Russia Snow
    Write a fic around Draco/Ginny and the Yule Ball. It can be from any POV but it must be based on the relationship. It can, of course, be AU. You can have them together or just *wanting* to be together, either is fine.
    Ooh, ooh! *claims*

My challenges:

1. Write a Draco/Astoria one-shot that details one day of their lives.

2. (alternate) Write a one-shot appropriate for the Dark/Angst category that pairs canon characters whose relationships (apparently) didn't work out in the end.

Hugs,
    Apurva.

Amortentia x
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoGurlFurever
    1. Write a Draco/Astoria one-shot that details one day of their lives.
    *yoink* Claimed

Okily dokily, here is my challenge:

I challenge thee to write a one-shot about how Tom Riddle celebrated a Valentine's Day at Hogwarts.

And my alternate:

I challenge thee to write a one-shot about Marietta Edgecombe and her decision to betray the D.A.

~Emma~

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Originally posted by Amortentia x

I challenge thee to write a one-shot about how Tom Riddle celebrated a Valentine's Day at Hogwarts.
    Claimed!

I challenge thee to write about a non-British, non-contemporary meeting of a witch or wizard and Muggle. Can be either the past or the future, the entire planet except for Britain and galaxy, if you want to make it far far future, are at your disposal.

Alternative:
    I challenge thee to write about the former Headmasters' portraits. Dumbledore and Snape cannot be main characters.

Elven Egyptian Princess
    It's very literal...

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I challenge thee to write about the former Headmasters' portraits. Dumbledore and Snape cannot be main characters.
    Quick snatch! Be back soon to post challenges!

I challenge thee to write a oneshot about who Pansy ended up with after she broke up with Draco. Must fit into canon, though! No placing her with someone who we already know is married to someone else. Feel free to be creative as long as you can explain it.

Alternative:
    Write a oneshot about Dumbledore taking a tour of a magic school somewhere else in the world (can't be Beauxbatons, Salem, or Durmstrang). You have the opportunity to be really creative in creating a brand new school! Don't squander the chance!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!