Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The February Fiction Junction Challenge: I Challenge Thee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower

The February Fiction Junction Challenge: I Challenge Thee

The January Challenge is now over and points will be totalled and posted in due course (once I can get through all the reviews!

For the February Challenge, we’re returning to an old Fiction Junction favourite – the I Challenge Thee.

For those unfamiliar, this is a one-shot challenge, in which your prompt is set by another member of the forums. The first person to post (me) sets a challenge and the next person to post claims that challenge and posts another one for the next poster and so on.

Rules (Please read carefully before taking part)

1. When you post a challenge you should also provide an alternate. If twenty-four hours goes by and no one has claimed the main challenge, people may instead claim the alternate if they prefer (though the main challenge remains up for grabs).

2. You may enter as many times as you wish, but you must have completed your previous challenge and have it submitted to the queue before claiming another one.

3. You may repost a previous challenge of yours. For example, if in your first post, you set the prompt of either a Neville/Luna or a Harry/Ginny and it was the Harry Ginny that was claimed, on your next turn, Neville/Luna can be one of your two options again.

4. You have to claim the challenge of the person to post before you. You cannot claim unanswered challenges from earlier in the thread.

5. Challenges can be as open or specific as you wish. It is better to at least give the author something to work with, but try not to tie them down to too many details.

6. The Challenge claim thread will be left open until the 28th February. After this date, no more challenges can be set or claimed but you will have a further two weeks to finish outstanding challenges and submit them to the queue. All entries must be in the queue by midnight GMT on the 14th March.

7. This is a one-shot challenge only. You cannot enter drabbles, poetry or chaptered fics. If the entry is the first chapter of a chaptered story, it must also be able to stand alone.

8. There will be five participation points available per entry. The winner, second and third place will then receive an additional 30, 20 and 10 points each.

9. If you have any questions, please PM them to me – this thread should only be used for challenges. A separate thread will be provided for links to entries.

10. Entries should be submitted to the relevant category on the archives. In the summar please include somethign along the lines of: This is [username] of [house] writing for the Fiction Junction I Challenge Thee Challenge. My prompt was [prompt] and set by [username]. If your forum and archive usernames are different please use the forum one in this part.
    My Challenge is:

Write an AU one-shot which gives a glimpse into what the wizarding world could have been like had Voldemort been the one to defeat Harry in the Battle of Hogwarts rather than the other way round.

Alternative:

Write a Next Gen story involving Teddy/Victoire. They don't have to be the main focus but should feature somewhere in it. Other characters, plot etc is up to you.

Have fun!

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by coolh5000
    Write an AU one-shot which gives a glimpse into what the wizarding world could have been like had Voldemort been the one to defeat Harry in the Battle of Hogwarts rather than the other way round.
    Ha ha! I shall pick this prompt!

Now, I challenge thee to...

Write a one-shot about the first wizard/witch in OUTER SPACE. Please use a uniquely magical form of transport rather than a Muggle rocket or shuttle.

Or for an alternate prompt:

Write a one-shot about a meeting between a magical leader and the head of state of your country of residence.

Have fun!

Tim the Enchanter

IckleRonniex
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Write a one-shot about the first wizard/witch in OUTER SPACE. Please use a uniquely magical form of transport rather than a Muggle rocket or shuttle.
    Ooh! I shall claim this one!! It seems like too much fun to pass up on.

So, yes, I challenge thee to write a one-shot about Ron and Draco. They have to work on something together and cannot back out. Weather it is during Hogwarts, or after it, it's up to you.

As for the alternate prompt...

Write about Percy's and Penelope Clearwater's relationship and how they broke up.

Ronnie

the_weird_one
    Quote Originally Posted by IckleRonniex
    Ooh! I shall claim this one!! It seems like too much fun to pass up on.

So, yes, I challenge thee to write a one-shot about Ron and Draco. They have to work on something together and cannot back out. Weather it is during Hogwarts, or after it, it's up to you.
    OOH! I take this challenge! Although it might end up being slash...

Well, as for mine, as I challenge thee to write a fanfiction about Harry and a muggle's relationship. It can be at school with Dudley watching, or after Hogwarts.

Or you could choose...

One of the trio watching Muggle television and thinking about muggle culture. It can be a humor fic, or completely serious. (Though I wonder who is to take that on.)

Have fun!
    -Addy

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Write about Percy's and Penelope Clearwater's relationship and how they broke up.
    RONNIEEE!!! What an awesome challenge!! Claimed!

How about: An Albus/Scorpius fic. It doesn't have to be romance or slash in any way, Albus and Scorpius just have to be the main characters. You can have them as friends or enimies but it must involve a sticky situation and the resolution to appear from the most unlikely of places

Or an alternative...
    A humour fic involving Lucius Malfoy and Severus Snape when Sev first joins the Death Eaters.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Annalise28
    How about: An Albus/Scorpius fic. It doesn't have to be romance or slash in any way, Albus and Scorpius just have to be the main characters. You can have them as friends or enimies but it must involve a sticky situation and the resolution to appear from the most unlikely of places
    Oh, I shall take this one on.

Hmm, challenge...

I challenge thee to write about Merlin - whatever comes to your mind: a moment from his childhood, his fights or his involvement in British history...

Alternate: Write about the first time the Patil-twins (Padma and Parvati) travel to India and discover the magical community over there.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinrina
    I challenge thee to write about Merlin - whatever comes to your mind: a moment from his childhood, his fights or his involvement in British history...
    Taking, definitely.

Write a Dark/Angst story that features a female canon character of your choice, and includes the words spleen, platypus, and spork.

Alternate: Write a one-shot that contains a riddle that must be solved in twenty four hours... or else!

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Write a Dark/Angst story that features a female canon character of your choice, and includes the words spleen, platypus, and spork.
    I *really* shouldn't take this, but I will.

Write a Regulus/Lily story that takes place during the War, but not at Hogwarts.

Alternate: Write a story about Ron and Hermione kissing before the 7th book. It was on purpose. Harry doesn't know about it and never will know about it.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Write a Regulus/Lily story that takes place during the War, but not at Hogwarts.
    I shouldn't claim this - I don't have time to claim this... but IreallywanttosoIamsothere.

Prompt: Write a story about Ted and Andromeda's first kiss. It doesn't have to go well.

Alternate: Write a story centering around Petunia's reaction to Lily's death.

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Mind Games
    Quote Originally Posted by solemnlyswear_x

Prompt: Write a story about Ted and Andromeda's first kiss. It doesn't have to go well.
    Sounds like fun. Taking.

Prompt: Write a story about Percy Weasley's first trip to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes (he does not have to go willingly).

Alternate: Write a story about about a typically good character who gets revenge (the level of revenge is up to you; it can be serious or just a prank).

Good luck!