Thread: AUSTRALIAN Culture and Language Help - II

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

AUSTRALIAN Culture and Language Help - II

I'm starting a new Australian Culture Thread, as I still have many more questions I need answered in order to tell a good story.

I will start with the last question posted on the thread. Who are some famous Australian child actresses? Ones with really good Australian accents.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

emck
    It would depend on when your fic is set. About six or seven years ago, there was a show called The Sleepover Club, which was about like, five or six Australian girls who were in primary school. But they're all grown up now, I think.

There's this other show that's fairly recent, called Mortified! The girl is eleven, and she's pretty Australian, I think. And that's really all I can think of...I hope it helps!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Oh, I have been watching plenty of episodes of The Sleepover Club. Sat through twenty episodes; I think it's scarred me for life.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

emck
    I feel so sorry for you...it's on right now, and it's pretty terrifying.

I've been trying to think of others, but there don't seem to be many little Australian kids...there's a show called Blue Water High, but they're like, fifteen, which is probably too old. There might be some little kids on Neighbours or Home and Away...

Good luck, though...

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Where are you Wetherby?
    I'm not Australian but I'm from across the ditch so close enough. Lol.

I would suggest watching episodes of 'Home and Away' since I know they're all on Youtube and they have a wide-range age-wise of actors. I haven't watched it in about a year but I remember there were some youngish children on there.

Also when I was a tween I used to read an Australian magazine called 'Dolly' so you could have a look around their website. There is also another one for younger girls which I think is called 'Total Girl' or something along those lines. They might scar you further though so beware!

Hope this helps!

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    More questions still. What games did your primary school teachers used to play with class when they needed to kill some time or just needed a few moments to themselves? I remember a few very popular games were Heads-up 7-up and Simon Says.

Are these games played in Australia, or are there some other classroom games that are very common?

Brand New Story!