Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a Humour Fiction

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower

Recommend a Humour Fiction

Read a story that made you laugh and think everyone else should read it too? Recommend it here!

Form:

PHP Code:
    [B]Title (+Link):[/B]
    [
    B]Author:[/B]
    [
    b]Warnings/Ratings:[/b]
    [
    b]Summary:[/b]
    [
    B]Reason for Recommendation:[/B]
    [
    B]Review (optional):[/B

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title (+Link): Dursleys, Meet The Wizarding World
    Author: Ghoul in Pajamas
    Reason for Recommendation: It was initially one of the randomly selected Ravenclaw Story of the Week in the Tower, but after I read it, I was in awe of the spectacular, awesome, and overall perfect characterization of the Dursleys. It was just so...wow. It's not finished yet, but I think it may be eventually.
    Rating/Warnings: 3rd-5th Years: DH Spoilers
    Summary: The Dursleys have left Privet Drive and are in hiding with Hestia Jones and Dedalus Diggle. Hestia and Mr. Dursley are constantly fighting, Petunia is avoiding the wizards at all costs, and Dedalus is trying to make them all the best of friends. Meanwhile, Dudley discovers he has an interest in Harry's world, but his parents are less than pleased when they find out.
    Review (optional): http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...&chapid=106782

Title (+Link):Becoming a Dark Lord
    Author:FinalCow
    Reason for Recommendation:This was one of the first Humor fics I dared to read, because I don't particularly find the same things to be funny as most people, but this one was interesting, even without the humor. It's not ridiculous...improbable, but not ridiculous, which I think is why it appealed to me.
    Rating/Warnings: 3rd/5th Years: Book 7 Disregarded, Substance Abuse
    Summary: Voldemort knows it's great being the Dark Lord; it's a position he wants to keep. But even the most malevolent maniac can't stand when the forces of fashion conspire against him! A tale of organized mayhem.
    Review (optional): None...shame on me. I'm almost half tempted to go back, reread it, and review anyway.

Title (+Link):Voldemort Hearts Chudley
    Author:voldiexx
    Reason for Recommendation:It's an interesting take on Voldemort learning what love means, especially what it means to him in particular.
    Rating/Warnings: 1st-2nd Years: Violence
    Summary: What do you when you're a Dark Lord who can't kill anyone? Ever since his last Avada Kedavra went so horribly wrong, Voldemort just can't bring himself to sling another one. In his long journey back to emotional health, Voldemort must battle post-traumatic stress disorder, learn about religion, and, finally, realize that love really does conquer all. Just not exactly the kind of love Dumbledore had in mind...
    Review (optional): It would be classified as 'squee,' so I won't even post it, lol.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Title (+Link): To Make Stone Blush
    Author: coppercurls
    Reason for Recommendation: This is one of those stories that makes you so embarassed to read (for guys and girls both), but you still cannot help but laugh. Because with the right touch, inappropriate subjects are funny.
    Review (optional): This is my review for the Recommended Stories thread.

When you meet different teachers, you usually tell fairly quickly which ones will feel extremely uncomfortable if you bring up anything sex-related. Snape is one of these teachers. And as rigid and collected as he would try to be, you know it would just be so very hilarious! And coppercurls does an excellent job of depicting this.

I have no idea how she even came up with this story, but I'm very, very glad she did.

Title (+Link): Luna's Truth or Dare
    Author: Hutchinson
    Reason for Recommendation: This story is one of those that just makes you laugh out loud at the pure obsurdity of it. Plus, it includes Luna and Snape interation, which I think makes for the most interesting character dynamics a story can have.
    Review (optional): This is my review for the Recommended Stories thread.

This story is one of those that has me bursting out in laughter at so many different oppurtunities. It was all so very obsured, and it would probably never happen in canon, but that doesn't mean it can't be an enjoyable read. And normally OCC stories don't make it onto the site, but this story makes it work for itself.

Please read this wonderfully entertaining tale!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Waddiwasi!
    Title (+Link): Dursleys, Meet the Wizarding World
    Author: Ghoul in Pajamas
    Reason for Recommendation: The last time we see of the Dursleys, they're driving away into the sunset with Hestia Jones and Dedalus Diggle. But what happens next is a story which Ghoul in Pajamas writes with much humour and cleverness. Can anyone resist this?
    Review (optional):

Title (+Link): Abracadabra
    Author: whatapotter
    Reason for Recommendation: Brilliant one-shot in which Dudley and Harry are invited to a costume party, and Harry decides to go as a wizard!
    Review (optional):
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Title (+Link): Stubby
    Author: Hermione's Revenge
    Reason for Recommendation: Stubby Boardman is the guy that gets mixed up with Sirius in OOTP. Kingsley is supposed to go and interview him ... this is the story of that interview. I first saw this fic when it was runner up in the 2008 QSQ's and thus it qualified for audiofics. I leapt on it and it quickly became a favourite. I loved recording it because Stubby has such a great turn of phrase. I tried to turn him into MicK Jagger (LOL). Kingsley remain IC the whole way through, which is something of a rarity in a cat where people assume humour means Snape in a tutu. IC humour is hard but when done well it's incredible.
    Review (optional): will return with this
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

mahogany_wand
    Title (+Link): The Dark Lord's Blog
    Author: Schmerg_The_Impaler
    Reason for Recommendation: This is a story that had me laughing out loud. Of course, all the characters were completely OOC, the plot was ridiculous, and there were a ton of pop culture references, but good gosh this is a great story! I recommend this story to everyone, even my friends who don't really like Harry Potter fanfiction, and they all enjoy it.

~M_W

twilightHPgirl18
    Title (+Link): A Birthday Joke

Author: the opaleye

Warnings/Ratings: 3rd-5th Years; None

Summary:
    Harry and Hermione meet in secret to discuss Ron's birthday surprise. But plans formulated under the influence of Firewhisky are not always the easiest to fulfill...
    Reason for Recommendation: The way Julia wrote Harry and Hermione is absolutely flawless. I had the pleasure of beta-ing this story, and not once did I find any issues in characterization. Their plan is utterly fabulous, and it's the kind of story that leaves you either begging for a sequel, or has you formulating your own ideas in your head.

Review (optional): n/a

----

Title (+Link): Dark Lord Voldy's Shattered Souls Club Band

Author: Schmerg_The_Impaler

Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd Years; None

Summary:
    Well... it's high time that I did something so completely insane that the wizards in white robes dragged me off to the closed ward in St. Mungo's.

So, I spoofed the entire album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" by the Beatles, to be performed by your favourite Dark Lord and choice Death Eaters in the style of a rock opera. Eat your lonely hearts out!

I don't recommend this fic to those who are not at all familiar with the Beatles.
    Reason for Recommendation: So this is in poetry, but I see it more as humor. The way that Schmergo managed to write this is wonderfully astounding, and anyone who loves the Beatles will love this. It's extremely funny to see your favorite HP characters singing Potter's Gonna Die In Time, Man (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds), Splitting My Soul (Fixing a Hole), and Love that Rita (Lovely Rita). Intrigued yet? You should be!

Review (optional): n/a

Becca

the_weird_one
    Title (+Link): To Draco, With Love
    Author: Huchinson
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd
    Summary:
    Draco somehow managed to get his very own advice column in Hogwarts' school paper, where he gives his sage opinion to those who dare to ask for it. Feel free to write in for advice about love, life, school, family, anything you can think of! But remember... with Draco, you tend not to get the answer you expected!
    Reason for Recommendation: It's just... plain funny. Whoever had the idea of Draco writing an advice column is a literary genius. Draco's such an interesting character to work with, especially when he's dramatized like this! The people who write in are hilarious too. Some of them are reviewers... just a very fun read in general.

-Addy

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Title: Of Stilettos and Sporks
    Author:Sainyn Swiftfoot
    Warnings/Ratings: 3rd-5th years, none
    Summary:
    Rich, beautiful, and effective-- three words that describe Miss Zabini perfectly.

Or at least, that's what she'd tell you!

In her defence, she has planned hundreds of parties and dinners professionally, and they've all gone off without a hitch.

That is, until she had to plan that fateful Ministry dinner!
    Reason for Recommendation: It's just plain funny. It isn't centered around Harry Potter all that much, but ventures to a character we know very little about.

Title: Drool
    Author: mutualunderstanding
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd years, none
    Summary:
    Sirius, the expert on getting ladies, gives baby Harry a chat on how to be a proper gentleman. Harry, however, has other ideas.
    Reason for Recommendation: I love how this story shows the comradeship between Sirius and James, even though they are not even together for the most part. Sirius and Harry are hilarious, I love how mutualunderstanding puts stuff we know and love from the books into a fic that is set before the books are set, and how it works. - every time I read the books I think of this story.

Title: A Gryffindor Tradition
    Author: Gmariam
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd years, DH spoilers
    Summary:
    Itís April Foolís Day at Hogwarts, and three generations must uphold a Gryffindor tradition.
    This story was written by Gmariam of Ravenclaw for the April Foolís Day One-Shot Challenge.
    Reason for Recommendation: This is a great story that shows how time can change, but people will always have similarities. It's also great because it has three era's in it, all that I love. It features the Marauders, the twins, and the next gen.

Title: "This Magic Moment"
    Author: type-n-shadow
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd years, Teacher/Student romance
    Summary:
    [He] walked a little taller that day. We had to tip our hats to him. He was lucky she hadn't beat the crap out of him. We wouldn't have blamed her. What he'd done was sneaky, rotten and low... and cool. Not another one among us would've ever in a million years... even for a million dollars had the guts to put the move on the lifeguard. He did. He had kissed a woman, and he had kissed her long and good. - The Sandlot
    Reason for Recommendation: This story probably has the best youngSirius I have ever read. In fact, all the Marauders are characterized greatly. Then how Hannah (type-n-shadow) combined Harry Potter with The Sandlot, and how it just fits so perfectly is just amazing. Read this story - it will make you smile! And you wont regret it, mark my word.
    Review (optional): my AWESOME review, lol
    avvie by Annalise and banner Dinny/Evora - Becca, Lyss, Lise, Ronnie, ily <3
    GO GO GRYFFINDOR

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Title (+Link): The Infamous Hogwarts Sorting
    Author: The Scribbler
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st- 2nd years; None
    Summary: The halls of Hogwarts have haunted Ronís dreams for eleven years. Now that itís finally the summer before his first year at Hogwarts, he can hardly wait for his letter to arrive. What could anyone possibly say to dampen such good spirits? Enter Fred and George Weasley.
    Reason for Recommendation: It's really difficult to write humour while managing to keep characters IC, and this is one of the rare cases which does that. Just the right amount of humour, and Ron's characterisation, especially, is bang on target.
    Review (optional): Here