Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend a Poem

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Title (+Link): Irredeemable
    Author: psijupiter
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd years
    Summary: redemption: n. 1. The act of redeeming or the condition of having been redeemed.

The story of Snape's life.

Reason for Recommendation: It's very short, but it truly captures Severus Snape. It flows flawlessly, and the structure of it really adds to the poem. Just an amazing piece of writing. Read it.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What's With Mars?

I Swear You Will Not Be Disappointed

Title : I Am Shame
    Author: hestiajones
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd years, DH spoilers
    Summary: The war is over and people are rebuilding their life, happy and sad and grateful. But what about Draco?
    Reason for Recommendation: IT IS SO AMAZING SERIOUSLY READ IT
    Review (optional): HERE
    INDEFINITE HIATUS

AMAZING banner by Julia (theopaleye)

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Flight Song
    Author: minnabird
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st/2nd Years -- None
    Summary: During the second war, many must leave their homes and run for their lives. What must they feel, forced to hide from a government that hates their very existence?
    Reason for Recommendation: I was just gobsmacked when I read this poem. It's so emotive and well-structured, and it was a perfect representation of its theme: running from Death Eaters and the danger they represented, all the while wondering why it was happening. The fear and despair and the terror and eventual hope are just so very well written. Gah!
    Review: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...=ST&item=88530
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    EADA Benjamin Stone's office (having somehow jumped back to the early 90s)
    Title: The Lost Weeks
    Author: the opaleye
    Reason for recommendation: Do I even need to give a reason? What more could you possibly want? It's by Julia, for heaven's sake!
    Review: pure awesomeness

Title: Prodigal
    Author: thenewandawesome
    Reason for recommendation: This poem just really got to me, and I think I cried when I first read it... It really puts Harry's feelings into perspective, and it is has a wonderful message. READ AND REVIEW IT!!!!
    Review: woohoo!

Title: Burning in the Skies
    Author: Envy_I_May_Be
    Reason for recommendation: Her imagery was just pure genius, and when you read it, you will see why I love it! Plus, Draco gets so few poems...
    Review: swimming in smoke

Title: Musings
    Author: 1000timesingoldenink
    Reason for recommendation: Jenny captures the personality and essence of Luna so well, and her poetry is rather mature and very poignant. This definitely deserves some more reads and reviews.
    Review: amusing

Title: The Closed Ward
    Author: 1000timesingoldenink
    Reason for recommendation: Once again, Jenny captures the essence of her characters so well, and the style she chooses really helps to shape Neville's mum more so than the books did! READ AND REVIEW!!!!
    Review: tada

Title: Flower
    Author: Equinox Chick
    Reason for recommendation: This captures Lily Evans perfectly. Need I say more? Carole seems to breathe poetry that is awesome and inspiring, so take my word for it and read all of her stuff, not just this wonderful poem.
    Review: click

Title: The Absent Guests
    Author: hestiajones
    Reason for recommendation: Natalie really does a wonderful job of capturing the pain and anguish Petunia goes through in her life, and this piece is definitely meant to be read and reviewed more than once.
    Review: here
    Banner by the opaleye and avvie by me