Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend a Post Hogwarts Story

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title :The Winged Lion
    Author:welshdevondragon
    Warnings/Ratings:6th-7th Years: DH Spoilers, Non-Consensual Sex, Sexual Situations, Strong Profanity, Violence
    Summary:I suspected I was falling in love. And apart from the many, many reasons why Charlie Weasley would be the wrong person to fall in love with, I didn’t want to fall.

Parvati Patil has been running ever since the end of the war. Could it be that the city of Venice, and the chance meeting with Charlie Weasley, will stop her?

Or will she have to fly instead?

Reason for Recommendation:This is just a fabulous rarepair with a lot of action, romance, and good old fashion characterisation in this story. The plot is good, and I loved every word of this story.
    Review (optional):http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...&chapid=159769
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Someone already got Northumbrian's Grave Days (as well as First Sight), so I'll say:

Title (+Link): Strangers at Drakeshaugh
    Author: Northumbrian
    Warnings/Ratings: rated 3rd-5th years with a warning for mild profanity
    Summary: What does life look like for the Potters a decade after the Battle of Hogwarts? Can Harry and Ginny lead even somewhat normal lives? And how do those around them see the young family?
    Reason for Recommendation: Northumbrian's created this wonderful world for the characters we know and love, and Strangers at Drakeshaugh takes a look at the Potter family in the midst of that nineteen year break between the end of DH and the epilogue. I also like that it's an outsider's view of this family that we feel we know.
    Review (optional): This isn't specifically of Strangers at Drakeshaugh, but all of Northumbrian's stories are phenominal, and each one connects to the others. If you like the Golden Trio but haven't delved into his work yet, start with Summer of '97, Fred and George's Busy Day, Grave Days, and Tales of the Battle. You'll be hooked!
    noblefate: writes ~ betas ~ drabbles ~ duels ~ is a proud Turnip! ~ is an Ebil Minion

wonderful banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Title (+Link): Hunters And Prey
    Author:Northumbrain!
    Warnings/Ratings:6th-7th years;Character Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
    Summary:February 2000 Newly Qualified (in record time) Auror Harry Potter remains obsessed with “The List.” The ten people still wanted for their part in the Battle of Hogwarts. Their capture is essential. It will bring closure to the events of the past few years. Harry has set himself a target. He wants to see “The Last Death Eater” and the other nine captured before the second Anniversary of the battle. His attempts to meet his target will bring heartbreak, danger, pain, and a lifechanging injury for one former DA member.
    Reason for Recommendation:Great fic!
    Review (optional):
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Title + Link: After The War
    Author: AidaLuthien
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd Years, no warnings
    Summary: Draco tries to make sense of the new world order.
    Reason for Recommendation: A gentle, quiet piece. Draco facing his new reality after the war, as he and Pansy slowly drift apart. A reasonable, believable insight into how his war experiences have brought a greater maturity to Draco. The writing is smooth, flowing, introspective.
    Review: :Link is here.
    Writer, Poet, Drabbler, Occasional Beta, Slytherin Cheerleader
    This lovely banner is a gift from my good friend Nagini Riddle.