Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a Same-Sex Pairing Fiction

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower

Recommend a Same-Sex Pairing Fiction

Read a well-written and enjoyable Slash fic and think everyone else should read it too? Recommend it here!

Form:

PHP Code:
    [B]Title (+Link):[/B]
    [
    B]Author:[/B]
    [
    b]Warnings/Ratings:[/b]
    [
    b]Summary:[/b]
    [
    B]Reason for Recommendation:[/B]
    [
    B]Review (optional):[/B

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title (+Link): Drowning, Not Waving
    Author: Equinox Chick/Carole
    Reason for Recommendation: Seriously, anyone that is even thinking of writing a SSP should be required to read this one first, because it isn't even close to some of the borderline ridiculous SLASH that forces together two characters that would never, even with the best of character development, fit together. It's well characterized, believable, and after reading it, even seems sort of probable to me. I ♥ this one.
    Rating/Warnings: 6th/7th years: Sexual Situations, Slash, Strong Profanity
    Summary: Everyone knows Oliver Wood. He's the seventh year Gryffindor obsessed with Quidditch. But why is he so focused? What drives him on? And how will he cope when the Dementors get too close to his Seeker, and Diggory catches the Snitch?

Shutting himself in the changing room showers, Oliver cannot bring himself to visit Harry in the hospital wing, for the Dementors have released long repressed horrors in his own life. Will he finally face the reality of his life and obsession?
    Review (optional): My (mediocre) review that doesn't do it justice
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...=ST&item=84185
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title (+Link): Rebel Stars
    Author: Mistletoe
    Rating and Warnings: 6th-7th years - Sexual Situations
    Summary: In which Remus considers his feelings and hesitations as he once again steals away on a nightly rendezvous with Sirius.
    Reason for Recommendation: We discussed this in the SBBC a while ago and I was struck by the brilliant writing and characterisation. Sometimes I find some slash pairings to feel OOC but 'Rebel Stars' keeps Sirius and Remus totally in character and makes the fic even more emotionally touching.

Banner by me. Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Title (+Link): Tarnished
    Author: The Vault
    Reason for Recommendation: Amazingly good writing. There are very few SSP fics that can sustail believability in the way this can. The pairing Lily/Narcissa is about as un-canon as you can get. I'm a fervent James/Lily shipper, but this story, since I stumbled on it last year, has just stayed with me. There are so few femmeslash fics on this site, and very few worth reading. This is superb. (Professors rating)
    Review (optional): click

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Amortentia x
    Title: Drowning, not Waving

Author: Equinox Chick/Carole

Reason for Recommendation: This is honestly a gem of fic. If you're looking for a SSP fic, then this is the first place you should look. Even if you're not a SSP fan, it's something everyone should read. It possesses so many amazing qualities; it's more than a simple, romance one-shot. It's a full story in its own right - it has everything! Romance, drama, plot, good characterisation, great interaction between characters, a backstory, a future. It's perfect. Carole has written it beautifully; everything she writes rings true. It's so plausible that I now can't imagine any of those characters with anyone else. It's just so... real. The feelings and emotions are so raw and never fail to evoke some sort of reaction. You can't not like this fic, or leave the screen without finishing it. An absolute neccesity to anyone's Reading List.

Review (optional): All right, the review is purely squee-worthy and doesn't show my true love of the fic (I Beta-ed it, so I'd already said everything I needed to say. I just wanted to prove my adoration further )

Carole, love, I'm so happy this got validated! There's not much more I can say about it, other than it's absolutely amazing - be a dear and write a sequel!
    ~Emma~

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Sleepover In The Great Hall!
    Title (+Link): I Get By
    Author: ron lover
    Reason for Recommendation: Strong characterization - all other good things about this fic stem from it. Alyssa went and explored two minor characters which have always been shunted aside as mere thugs (which I agree they were, btw), giving them another dimension.
    Review (optional): HERE!
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Title (+Link): The Game of Love
    Author: annie
    Warnings/Ratings: Professors; sexual situations, slash
    Summary:
    Love is whatever you make it to be. Albus Severus/Scorpius
    Reason for Recommendation: The characters in this story are IC the whole time. Because of that, the plot is believable. When Albus and Scorpius are together, the author just makes it seem... right. It's like they are ment to be together forever.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

Draco/Harry

Title (+Link): The day Draco Malfoy dies, Harry Potter is holding him tightly against his chest
    Author: mrs_nott
    Warnings/Ratings: 6th/7th Years - Sexual Situations, Profanity, Character Death, Slash
    Summary: "Their story goes more or less like this. Boy meets boy. Boy hates boy. Boy spends his best teen years hating boy, exchanging insults with boy and punching boy. Then the war starts and boy becomes a spy for boy. Boy is forced to work with boy until the sexual tension between them is too high to tolerate. Obviously, boy snogs boy. And then dim-witted boy has the ridiculously bad idea of falling head over heels for boy. Now boy and boy kiss instead of snog, they make love instead of having sex and they worry because they are in the middle of a f***ing war and one of them might die tomorrow, literally."
    Reason for Recommendation: This is a beautifully written story without any of the Draco OOCness that one often finds in Drarry. The thoughts and emotions in it are pretty powerful. The title may be odd, but it really is a nice piece.
    Review (optional): http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...eviewid=493715
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Midnight Storm
    Title (+Link): Close Your Eyes
    Author: Equinox Chick
    Warnings/Ratings: 6th - 7th; sexual situations
    Summary:
    Hermione and Lavender weren't particular friends. It was true they shared a dormitory, but for much of their school time they lived parallel and separate lives. Then Lavender helped Hermione get ready for the Yule Ball and that set off a chain of events that left both girls confused.
    Reason for Recommendation: The reason there is sound a low number of femmeslash fics on this site is because people like Carole write it so well that nobody else even bothers trying! The characterisations of Hermione and Lavender are perfect, and everything fits into canon perfectly. This fic also manages to explain everything behind Ron/Lavender.

Title (+Link): Carnal Desires of a Rat and a Dog
    Author: Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak x
    Warnings/Ratings: 3rd - 5th; Sexual Situations, Slash
    Summary:
    "Pettigrew... that fat little boy who was always tagging around after them at Hogwarts?"

Did Peter Pettigrew constantly tag after his superior friends? Or was he in fact equal to the reckless, confident Sirius Black? Perhaps they were more alike than anyone could have guessed...
    Reason for Recommendation: I can't believe this this hasn't been rec'd yet! Though the use of 2nd person POV can often lead to disaster, the author has pulled it off brilliantly, with the 'you' being Peter. In all honesty, it has made the concept of Peter/Sirius quite probable to me.

Title (+Link): All For You
    Author: jenny b
    Warnings/Ratings: 3rd - 5th; DH Spoilers, Slash, Strong Profanity
    Summary:
    ‘Do you think we can keep this a secret forever?’

Scorpius has met the person of his dreams. The only problem is, now he has to tell the world. The world that was expecting him to marry a pretty pure-blood girl one day- not Albus Potter.
    Reason for Recommendation: This is the most gorgeous Scalbus (yeah, I just made that one up) you will ever read, I assure you. Draco's charactierisation is excellent. Written in Scorpius's POV.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    I'm not normally into OC/OC stuff, generally, but Alex's stuff is usually an exception.

Title (+Link): Diamonds Are Forever: A Fairy Tale
    Author: welshdevondragon
    Warnings/Ratings: Non-Consensual Sex, Sexual Situations, Slash, Strong Profanity, Violence; 6th-7th
    Summary:
    Juliet had spent a perfect day on a beautiful beach with her lover. She had even asked Bethany to steal the Cordalis diamonds for her and, after the day had been brought to a halt by her sister-in-law’s niece, Juliet had found the diamonds were stolen.

Now, however, she has to make a difficult choice, one she does not want to make, between money, family and love.

First, though, she has to deal with the irritating private investigator, Evan Rosier.

This is a fairy tale. And in fairy tales, you have to ask three times, magpies mean more than they first appear to, true love conquers all and nothing, not even diamonds, lasts forever.
    Reason for Recommendation: This is such a great story. It's difficult writing a oneshot mystery with a proper plot, but this was written effortlessly and all the characters -- pretty much all OCs or minor canon characters -- are so well-defined and fleshed out. And this story is romantic too
    Review (optional): Here we are, but it's very fangirly.

Aaand... Jess's story, which I adored too

Title (+Link): A Promise To Keep
    Author: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Warnings/Ratings: Mild Profanity, Sexual Situations, Slash
    Summary:
    Ginny Weasley Potter is newly married, but matrimony was proving to be more difficult than she had ever expected. Harry was nearly always working, and her dreams of wedded bliss were slowly slipping though her fingers.

And then came Gabrielle Delacour, an incidental acquaintance and an unlikely ally. Gabrielle tries to help Ginny mend her soul and her marriage, but slowly, Ginny realises that there is more to this newfound friendship than she had ever thought possible.
    Reason for Recommendation: I reviewed this for SPEW and wow, it's just amazing. The pairing, Ginny/Gabrielle, is just so unexpected and fresh. Ginny's characterisation is spot on and best of all, it fits into canon seamlessly, making even a canon girl like me happy
    Review (optional): For once, it's SPEW-worthy -- I think You can find it here

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.