Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend a Canon Romance Fiction

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: The Weekend We Were in Love
    Author: paperrose
    Warnings/Ratings: 6th/7th Years - Sexual Situations, Mild Profanity, DH Spoilers (is that tag even necessary any more?)
    Summary:
    “Victoire …?” The realization that has popped into his head is not a welcome one. Sure he is mistaken, he rubs his tired eyes, but the naked angel on his bed doesn’t go away. “Oh, sh!t.”

After a drunken night of fun together, Teddy and Victoire have some decisions to make regarding their relationship.
    Reason for Recommendation: This is a stellar piece of characterisation, and the way the story flows just about seamlessly is amazing. I seriously loved Teddy Lupin like a family member after reading this, because she took a name and made an entire person from it from it. It's just so very well done. I sound much less rambly in my review, which is
    Review: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...&chapid=108479
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What's With Mars?

So Amazing - Must Read And Review This Fic!!!

Hey everyone, this fic is amazing and it's not getting the attention it deserves!

So please use about a billionth of your time and read and review this.

You'll feel spongy!!!!

Soul Sister by hestiajones

-Megan

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Where are you Wetherby?
    So, I'm in a huge R/Hr mood at the moment so I thought I'd come and rec a few great fics.

Title: Of Slayers and Champions
    Author: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Warnings/Ratings: 1st-2nd years; Mild Profanity
    Summary: After it was all said and done, Harry wanted a sandwich. However, Ron knew that what he wanted was far deeper and complex and maddening and insufferable. But could Hermione ever forgive him for leaving her behind? Could he ever forgive himself?
    Reason for Recommendation: This is such a great moment-in-time fic. Jess really captures that awkard post-kiss moment between Ron and Hermione and the ending is incredibly satisfying.

Title: Letters from the Tent
    Author: WeasleyMom
    Warnings/Ratings: 3rd-5th years; Mild Profanity
    Summary: A distraught Hermione takes quill to parchment.
    Reason for Recommendation: Lori really captures Hermione's mindset during those days after Ron left in Deathly Hallows. It is very real and raw and just brilliant. The characterisation is spot on.

Title: Scenes from Shell Cottage
    Author: WeasleyMom
    Warnings/Ratings: 3rd-5th years; no warnings
    Summary: This fic is a series of missing moments from the time H/R&H were at Shell Cottage, beginning immediately after they Disapparated from Malfoy Manor. JKR shows us what was going on with Harry, but this is my version of what could have happened with Ron and Hermione after one of the most emotional/disturbing events in the entire series.
    Reason for Recommendation: This fic has that magic mix of sweetness, angst and humour. It's great if you're looking for something longer than a one-shot but not a huge chaptered fic AND the Ron/Hermione dynamic is just love.

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Dumbledores_Fave
    Title (and link): Harry Potter and the Girl Who Lived
    Author: mrsgeorgeweasley
    Warnings/Ratings: none.
    Summary: Itís Harryís sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and once again there is a new Defence Against the Dark Arts Teacher, and Snape likes her almost as much as he likes The Boy Who Lived, but why is the new professor so interested in Harry? What dark secrets is she hiding? Is Harry the only survivor of Lord Voldemortís wrath? Will things ever be simple for our beloved Trio? Itís going to be another interesting year for Harry and his friends, and heís going to realise that he might not be as alone as he thought and in more ways than one..
    Reason for Recommendation: A great story with a great twist. It's entertaining, exciting, full of action, but also love and friendship, a sense of belonging and loads of family. There's Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny. It's the best of both worlds!

Title (and link): A Few Detentions and A Story
    Author: LaneTechFreshie
    Reason for Recommendation: An awesome Lily and James fic. I don't often read them as I can't really find a lot that I like but I always come back to this one. I think I've read it...oh, how many times?, maybe twenty times now? There's love, betrayal, pain, love, friendships, detentions, love, duals, death, love, Marauderettes, and, of course love.
    Summary: James Potter: Marauder. Lily Evans: Prefect. They're both seventh years at Hogwarts. They're also about to have a pretty interesting year--complete with a few detentions, pranks, confusion, and laughter--in which they get through school, make some trouble and maybe, just maybe, sort out their feelings for each other.
    Warnings: none.

Title (and link): Daddy
    Author: blondebouncingferret
    Warnings/Ratings: Book 7 disregarded
    Summary: Post Hogwarts: Ron and Harry are sent to America for Auror training. Ron spends his last night in England with Hermione, and after returning two years later, he finds Hermione with a fifteen-month-old baby ...
    Reason for Recommendation: So this starts out as a canon pairing, goes to a non canon pairing, ends with two canon pairings but there is a whole lot of non canon in there. Great story that keeps you wanting more. Luckily, it's completed so you haven't got to wait!

So, I hope you enjoy my recommendations. Let me know what you liked the most! Enjoy!!!! And check out the sequel to Harry Potter and the Girl Who Lived.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Holy Romione, Batman!

Attention Ron/Hermione shippers: Go check this out!

Title (and link): For Better or Worse
    Author: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    Warnings/Ratings: 3rd-5th yrs
    Summary: Sometimes, the past reminds you of how beautiful the future really is.
    Reason for Recommendation: Excellent, excellent characterization of Ron. He's not perfect, but he's not a baffoon. Hermione is also spot-on, and the portrayal of a normal family life/relationship after the battle is just really well done but not over done. This fic is short, but it does a lot with few words. In addition to the characterization, Jess makes good use of second person (not a preference of mine, to say the least, but it works here) and a non-linear presentation.

Seriously, check it out. You can thank me later by reading my stories and leaving me reviews. (Wait, what?? Who said that?) Hehe.
    Lovely banner by Nadia