Thread: Draco/Ginny or Draco/Hermione NOT as enemies

DracoGurlFurever

Draco/Ginny or Draco/Hermione NOT as enemies

Hey!

I absolutely love Draco/Ginny (and Draco/Hermione) and I was wondering if there were any fics you guys have read that featured them not as enemies (either as friends or just people indifferent to each other at the beginning). Obviously, these would either be Alternate Universe stories or at least have AU warnings...it doesn't matter to me which it is, nor do I particularly care what the plot is, haha.

Hugs,
    Apurva.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoGurlFurever
    Hey!

I absolutely love Draco/Ginny (and Draco/Hermione) and I was wondering if there were any fics you guys have read that featured them not as enemies (either as friends or just people indifferent to each other at the beginning). Obviously, these would either be Alternate Universe stories or at least have AU warnings...it doesn't matter to me which it is, nor do I particularly care what the plot is, haha.

Hugs,
    Apurva.

I'm reading Shades of Grey by Liandrin right now. It's almost finished (it's on Ch. 17 or 18), so you'll actually get to find out what happens. I stopped reading stories that won't ever be finished ages ago, so...

Summary: In the aftermath of the Hogwarts' battle, Draco Malfoy is interned at Godric's Hollow under the vigilant eye of Ginevra Weasley. While Harry and the Order convene to decide on Draco's fate, an unlikely bond is formed between captor and captive.
    It does have some hefty warnings on it due to some extreme content (not the sexual kind). Ginny starts out treating him like dirt, well...because she can, but some unlikely sharing of thoughts changes the nature of their relationship. What drew me to it was the fact that it wasn't forced or rushed, like many of the Dr/G that I've read. Their interactions are much more believable, and the way the author validates her views and perspective is pretty good.

I know you don't beta stuff with content like this, but I don't know whether you'd enjoy reading it or not. I thought enough of it to leave a 1700 word review, so, IMO, it's pretty good, but I go for the Professors type stuff, so I digress, lol. Otherwise, though...

I'm sure you've read this one already, but there's also A Suitable Young Man by Blue Phoenix. I really liked it (read it all in one night, actually), and it was nominated for a QSQ, so I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Summary: After a year playing Quidditch for the Harpix’s, Ginny finds herself whisked off to Italy for a summer holiday by none other than dear Aunt Muriel. Although Ginny might welcome a holiday, Muriel is not the best of traveling companions. And when one Draco Malfoy comes rather literally tumbling into the scene, will this prove to be the nightmare holiday Ginny envisions, or something else entirely?

Edit to Apurva:
    HAHA - I beta'ed A Suitable Young Man and nominated it for the QSQs! It is a great story, though, and I really enjoyed the experience.
    Isn't that an oddity, lol. At least you know its awesomeness.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

DracoGurlFurever
    HAHA - I beta'ed A Suitable Young Man and nominated it for the QSQs! It is a great story, though, and I really enjoyed the experience.

Thanks for recommending Shades of Grey! I'm reading it right now...

Hugs,
    Apurva.

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Where are you Wetherby?
    Hey Apurva!

Last Chance to Lose Control by lily_evans34 is a great Draco/Hermione. It is angsty but who doesn't love an angsty Dramione?

Julia XD

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Aw, thanks for the rec., Julia!

I can recommend two brilliant Draco/Hermione stories by Potterphile12: All That I've Ever Known and A Kiss to Send Us Off. They go well together... I think in that order. >.> Both 6th - 7th years.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    A Sudden Movement by The Vault

Professor rated but with only one chapter up which content-wise is okay. The rating may apply to later chapters. It's an interesting take, seeing as the focus is developed slowly from how things may not be the best b/w her and Harry. Plus Ginny is married and has kids. Lot of potential there.

Just wish the updates were faster.

Worth a check

-Akay-

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here