Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Triwizard Tournament

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Will you be needing any help coming up with new tasks? This could be very fun!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    I think that logic problem with the potions that Hermione solved in SS would be a great task. It would stump guys like Krum, whose head was 'full of sawdust,' making it not just a tournament of magical ability and physical prowess, but one that combines to make a killer gauntlet of tasks, both mental and physical.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

PhoenixAscendant
    Yeah, actually, for the third task, I was thinking of a SS-type challenge, but with different things in the way. So a mix of logic and hexing things.

I need a second task, but the first task is fairly simple. Get item without being mauled by the griffin. Like in GoF the item would hold the key to the second task. But I need inspiration for the second task. Any ideas?

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    You could have some sort of brooming event, such as an obstacle course race, only the obstacles would be more dangerous than what we all remember from elementary school outdoor activities, such as level 4 magical creatures, dangerous weather, and broom jinxes planted throughout the course. The key found in the first task could be where to find the broom that the contestant is to use (using standardized brooms would level the playing field), and if they don't get their keys, they can't compete in the second task and therefore lose.

Yeah, that's probably not extremely helpful, but it's the best I've got for now. If I think of anything else, I'll so be back.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I know a long time ago, there were some contemplating of different tasks, and one suggestion was to have the three task culminate to the three different schools. Like the third task for Hogwarts was a four-part task for the four houses, where the contestants had to complete task where the values of each house would have to be utilized.

Just another suggestion.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

PhoenixAscendant
    Awesome idea, OliveOil_Med, but I can't use it, because I have already used it in another idea. See, the main focus of the story for this year is the houses starting to really work together again. So when the Triwizard Tournament comes back to Hogwarts, they decide to hold their own version: The Hogwarts Inter-House Tournament. One second year champion from each house, 3 tasks, and no permission from any of the teachers. Yeah, the whole thing is against the rules. Of course, that stops neither the students or the plot bunnies.