Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator -- Part VII

Lipington
    What is the ignore list/buddy list thing all about? What I mean is that when you click on a users name it says "add to ingnore list" and "add to buddy list". Does that really do anything?

crazy_purple_hp_freak
    This kind of follows on from wendelin the wierd's question...but when you say two stories in two categories, do you mean cats like "contest" and "dark/angst" say, or do subcategories like Winter Tales and School Assignments count separately?

Also, *hides* I was reviewing, and for some reason I must have messed up the html as now all the reviews below mine are in italics. Could some lovely mod make it pretty again please?
    http://www.fanfiction.mugglenet.com/....php?sid=60619

Thank you!

Lily_Roxy

who mods who?

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before but is there a page/list that says which mods moderate which categories of fics ? If there is, can you please post a link?

Thx a lot !

kumydabookworm
    -Lipington just informed me my question was asked by her earlier. My delete button isn't working-

So I guess I should ask a DIFFERENT question!

Should notes to moderators be included in summaries of stories or in the text of the story itself? (I put one in the summary, and went back to edit into the text of a story. I'm wondering if I really HAD to do that - editing does push a story back in the queue, after all...)

Thank you!

Kumy

Paisa
    Hello,

I'd just like to know, where is the thread where there's a list of other words that we can instead of the usual and always repeated 'said'?

Thanks, and please do ask if you didn't understand what I said.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

This kind of follows on from wendelin the wierd's question...but when you say two stories in two categories, do you mean cats like "contest" and "dark/angst" say, or do subcategories like Winter Tales and School Assignments count separately?
    You may have TWO stories submitted at any one time. That's to any category or subcategory. This rule was brought in so that you could have one story in queue and still enter a challenge, but it's been relaxed to include all categories.

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before but is there a page/list that says which mods moderate which categories of fics ? If there is, can you please post a link?
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...read.php?t=774

Should notes to moderators be included in summaries of stories or in the text of the story itself? (I put one in the summary, and went back to edit into the text of a story. I'm wondering if I really HAD to do that - editing does push a story back in the queue, after all...)
    I prefer them in the text of the story, that way there is no chance of them being overlooked.

I'd just like to know, where is the thread where there's a list of other words that we can instead of the usual and always repeated 'said'?
    You could try using the search function. I'm fairly sure this list cropped up in General Fanfiction Discussion at one time.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

sirius_rocks
    I was wondering what are the best email server-thingy's. I was told hotmail wasn't that great with rejection letters, favourite updates and acceptance letter.

GinnyPotter
    How long does it take for a story to get valilated? I don't want to be rushy or anything, but I'm just wondering. My fic has been in the queue for almost 1 week and I'm getting really worried that it's going to get rejected.

Thanks!

-Gin

Ron x Hermione
    Hi, yet again,

I was just wondering why my threads aren't showing up when I do a new topic in the RoR. I have starteda new thread before, and it came right up, but this time, I have submitted it twice, but to no avail. Have you all just started a new rule to have to have your new topics modded before they show up?

Just curious, and if it's just a glitch, then just tell me!

Thanks for your time!
    ~Lindsey

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by sirius_rocks
    I was wondering what are the best email server-thingy's. I was told hotmail wasn't that great with rejection letters, favourite updates and acceptance letter.
    Not all that sure. I used to use gmail which seemed to deliver my email pretty well as far as I know. Have you tried Yahoo! mail as well?

Quote Originally Posted by GinnyPotter
    How long does it take for a story to get valilated? I don't want to be rushy or anything, but I'm just wondering. My fic has been in the queue for almost 1 week and I'm getting really worried that it's going to get rejected.
    Give your submission seven days. Sometimes, especially around the holidays, traffic in the queue is pretty ugly so you may have to wait up to eight days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron x Hermione
    I was just wondering why my threads aren't showing up when I do a new topic in the RoR. I have starteda new thread before, and it came right up, but this time, I have submitted it twice, but to no avail. Have you all just started a new rule to have to have your new topics modded before they show up?
    Threads in almost all the forums are moderated, which means the moderator must manually approve of the thread you've posted before it shows up to you and other forum members. Give it time; if the thread is relevant and up to standards, it'll be approved within a day.