Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator -- Part VII

fiestazvezda
    Just like Ron x Hermione, I can't post on a lot of topics. How do I get access. I tried posting on "Lost & found II", but my post didn't appear. I also try hard to find some info on getting sorted, but nothing so far. How can I receive a Quiz?
    How can I start winning points in challenges? What exactly are those classes? I expected some info on the FAQ and now I'm a bit confused.

Marauder by Midnight
    Winged Artemis - Not sure yet. As soon as we come to an agreement about who we'll pick.

Ron x Hermione - You're not a member of BA. Therefore you can't post in the BA area. However, you can post and request in Banner Request.

Wendelin the Wierd - Poetry should be featured. And A Ghost Story is a poem that has been featured.

fiestazvezda - Your post didn't appear because you are not Sorted and therefore your posts must be manually approved by me or another moderator. Sorting questions are in fact answered in the F.A.Q.

What is sorting and how do I get sorted?

Currently the automated sorting test is unavailable. It is being coded to interface with our new forum software. We do not have an estimate for when it will be up and running. Whining/nagging/asking when it will be ready is not helpful and will not increase the speed of the coders who are volunteering their time.

If you were sorted on the boards before May 2006 and would like to return to your former house, please send a PM to your Head of House.

• Gryffindor: Marauder by Midnight, HOH; Mrsgeorgeweasley, Prefect
    • Slytherin: GringottsVault711 HOH; MithrilQuill, Prefect
    • Ravenclaw: Magical Maeve HOH; deanine, Prefect
    • Hufflepuff: PhysicalGraffiti HOH; Potterphile12, Prefect

If you have not yet been sorted and would like to be, you may send a PM to songbook99 requesting a manual sorting test.
    Classes questions are answered here: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...ead.php?t=3797

Please read the F.A.Q.s thoroughly before asking questions here.

MizzRonWeasley

Validation

Hi i actually posted this a while ago but didnt get answered frown and im so sorry if its in the wrong place or has wasted your time but my penname on MNFF is MizzWeasley and i've tried submitting my first fanfic twice now both times a BETA going over it and changing it the first time and not finding anything wrong with it the second. again i didnt recieve an email of validation or rejection and i'm thoroughly confuzed! please help!

Thankyou

Oppungo
    Recently I haven't been getting all of my new PM emails. Is this because I use a hotmail account? I switched to Yahoo! for the main site as I knew there were problems with hotmail, but it always worked fine for the forums - has that changed? The funny thing is, I get emails when I have new PMs from some users, but not others! I'm more than happy to change to Yahoo! for the forums as well, but I just thought I'd ask/alert you guys about what's going on

SnowyHedwig112
    My question: What do the green, yellow, and red dots (that look like traffic signals) next to usernames do? Or what are they there for?

Lipington
    How exactly are the moderator applications judged, and after reading them all do you have it narrowed down for who you want?

7. 12-21-2006, 03:17 AM

chislarina

???

I'm now a mod for the Turnip Tree, in the Ravenclaw part. I'm pleased, but how did that happen? Thanks in advance.
    Chislarina

EDIT: Sorry, I found out!

Gin_Drinka
    Hi!
    Okay, I have a big problem. I can't acess my author's page. My little sister accidentally clicked the lost password button and it said I would be sent a new password at my e-mail, but no. I didn't get anything. I've tried contacting all the head mods, but nothing. What do I do? Can someone help me?

Onbegrepen
    Why is it that only mods can have moving avatars?

Snape's Talon
    Once a chapter or story has been validated, if an author goes back and edits it (whether for corrections or additions), are the Mods notified? If not, and the correction/addition is substantial, should the author notified the Mods first?

Just curious ...

12. 12-21-2006, 07:34 PM