Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator -- Part VII

Snape's Talon
    In light of the review brouhaha and MithrilQuill's advise at the end of the comments, I was wondering whether a Mod could delete a duplicate review on one of my stories. It's on Chasing Fireflies, chapter four. Not a biggie, looks like the reader just hit the shiny button one too many times.

Thanks much, you Mods are wonderful!

babekitty_92
    Just on a note similar, could I have the extremely long spam review deleted please from chapter seven of "Together at Last" it's kinda making the page go hay-wire and it's oput of shape.

Thanks! Abbi

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    GinnyPotter- I'm not quite sure, to be honest. *isn't very involved with challenges* I'd ask Mithril or search through the Gauntlet forum for any information.

Lurid- Yeah, it does. Lots of animations really slow down a page -- especially for those folks with dialup.

Rox x Hermione- Mods still mod when the queue is closed. If your fic is in there before it closes, you probably won't have to wait until it opens again for it to be looked at.

myownmuggle- I'm really not that great with html, so I can't suggest some magic code, but have you tried just using a few spaces? That might work...

Snape's Talon- Took care of it.

babekitty_92- Is it the "soooooo good" with a thousand O's? I'll take care of it; sorry I can't just edit the O's out and let you keep the review... the edit option doesn't seem to like me.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

Lurid
    Just a question - what are Slurp spiders?

When you click on the Quick Links> Who's online, it has these "Slurp Spiders".

Any idea what they are? Are they harmful?

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

It's Yahoo's web crawler. They use them to build their database. Most search engines do the same.

Don't worry, the slurp spiders aren't going to eat you.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Ron x Hermione
    Ok, sorry for another question.

But, I wrote a Christmas fic for one of the prompts in the Christmas Challenges. But I have two stories in the queue, and I put one in on Wednesday, and another yesterday. And I know that you are only allowed to have two stories in, if they are submitted to different categories.

So, I guess my question is: Can we have three stories in the queue, if one of them is a challenge?

Thanks!
    ~Lindsey

Snape's Talon
    I've got a bordering-on-spam review on the final chapter of my fic Chasing Fireflies. It's the one regarding "Blood and Chocolate", a published book featuring werewolves that has nothing to do with the Potterverse.

I'm a bit torn as to what I'd like seen done with this review. On one hand, I want to go by the rules set in place. On the other, the review presented the opportunity for me to gently remind readers that the review page is not the area to "chat" with the author about other books.

I'll leave the decision in the Mods hands.

Third Year Gryffindor
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    What is the maximum number of fics you can have in the queue at one time? (Providing they are all in different categories of course.)
    Banner by the wonderful Minnabird
    Author Page ~ Banner thread ~
    PI Accredition

nikkiolapotter
    I was looking at the 'Newest Member' list, and I found a rather innapropriate username. I'm not sure if it's aloud, but it is kind of inappropriate for a family friendly site. Link to Profile

Marauder by Midnight
    Ron x Hermione - Could your other story wait for the challenge entry to be rejected/approved first? Usually your non-challenge stories don't have a specific deadline.

Snape's Talon - I've deleted the review.

wendelin the wierd - You can have a maximum of two stories no matter what category your submit to.

nikkiolapotter - Thank you. The member has been deleted.