Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator -- Part VII

stanshunpike1212
    I do not know if this question has been asked and answered before, but I don't have the time to go through every singal thing. Sorry! Anyways my question was how do you close a topic, so you get no new replies? Because I have a topic on the Beta Wanted! thread, and I have one all ready, so I want to close it. So yeah, could anyone help?

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Make a post in the thread saying you have a beta and ask the mods to lock the thread and someone will come along and do it for you.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Ryosha24

Help a Newbie I

Hi, I'm a new member here and am having some problems navigating the site, could you please help me? For one, when I first became a member, I signed up as part of a poetry thing, I don't quite remember what it was , but I can't find it again. One of my friends thinks it's under "Room of Requirements," but I can't find that either! I'm kind of at a loss here. Can you help me?
    Also, I don't know what to do to get started. My main reason for becoming a member was to be a Beta for people while also getting to read some awesome stories, but I don't know how to go about doing that either. Do I just go to one of the Beta threads and post something saying "I'm available to beta your work?" That kind of thing sounded slightly rude, and my friend told me that this a more polite forum than what I'm normally use to. Can you help me, please. If you can, I thank you a million times over...
    -Ryosha24

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Ryosha24, I believe you are looking for the poetry subforum which is located as part of the Room of Requirement. When you are in that forum, at the top of the page there is a subforum called Poetry Anyone.

Second, if you go to the Beta Services for Sale forum, you can post an ad to beta there. Read the "Rules to Read Before Posting" and that will give you a form to fill out listing your strengths and availability and such. You can then post your thread. Also, if you go to the forum where people are looking for betas, you can respond to those threads and offer to beta for them instead of waiting for someone to respond to your ad.

Good luck!

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

guiding ray of sunlight
    If a charcter refuses treatment for a desease and dies as a result, is it called self-harm? (do I have to put on that warning?)

Thankidy!

~Sunray

EDIT: Never mind, thanks, Beth!

Ryosha24
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix5225
    Ryosha24, I believe you are looking for the poetry subforum which is located as part of the Room of Requirement. When you are in that forum, at the top of the page there is a subforum called Poetry Anyone.

Second, if you go to the Beta Services for Sale forum, you can post an ad to beta there. Read the "Rules to Read Before Posting" and that will give you a form to fill out listing your strengths and availability and such. You can then post your thread. Also, if you go to the forum where people are looking for betas, you can respond to those threads and offer to beta for them instead of waiting for someone to respond to your ad.

Good luck!
    Thank you very much! My screen is actually showing me the Room of Requirement for once, so it makes things a lot easier.
    -Ryosha24

GinnyPotter
    I don't know if this counts as a question, but when does the next Gauntlet start? I really want to join again, but I almost missed the 3rd one, so I want to be prepared. Thanks!

-Gin

Lurid
    Hello Modlies! *trills*

*decks the hall with bounds of Molly*

So, i was wondering - does the moving rule extend only to avatars, or to banners and avatars in one's signature?

Ron x Hermione
    Hi Moddies!

I was just wondering... you know how the queue closes on December 23rd? Well, do you take a break literally, and not even look at the ones in the queue, or do you look at the ones and you can validate/delete any that made it before that mark?

I guess what i mean to ask is, do you still mod fics that are in the queue over the break? Or do they just sit there until it opens back up again?

Sorry if this is quite a stupid question... i know you all have lives as well as being a Mod here on MNFF!

Te he,
    Thanks,
    ~Lindsey

myownmuggle
    Iíve combed through previous Ask a Mod threads, and while Iíve seen questions relating to HTML tags for image and HTML tags for creating large spaces between words, Iíve not seen a question regarding formatting tabs or indents with HTML tags.

For example, I have a submission for the December Poetry Challenge and I would like to indent alternating lines:

First line of poem
    Indented/Tabbed second line of poem
    Third line of poem
    Indented/Tabbed fourth line of poem
    I did some research and have apparently found that there is no specific HTML tag for inserting a TAB, but is there a way to format the submission so it looks something like the example here?

As always, thanks very much for your help!