Thread: Other Language Fics

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

Other Language Fics

I know it may be impossible/a giant pain, but I was wondering if there would ever be a possibility of a foreign language category on Mugglenet. Out of the 8000+ members, I'm pretty sure that English isn't the only primary/secondary language for most/all of us. Is it too difficult to moderate, or is it possible to have a section dedicated to Potter in other languages?
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    This is a good idea in theory, but I think the trouble is that there are SO MANY different languages to account for [not to mention dialect ... which may or may not differ when written in some cases; I'm not sure], and then you'd have to gets mods for all of those languages. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, it would just take some organizing.
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

bellatrix-black-lestrange
    This is a really good idea, I did always wonder how it would affect me if I wasn't English. But I agree with Nikki, imagine how difficult it would be to organise, then again the outcome would be excellent. Definitely something to think about.

~Lauren

Morbius Liadon
    Good idea, but I think it would take too much work, especially since most of the people around seem to be British or American.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbius Liadon
    Good idea, but I think it would take too much work, especially since most of the people around seem to be British or American.

I kind of figured as much. Just thought it was worth a thought. I wouldn't mind trying to write something in my second language (Spanish), considering I write it much better than I speak it. It would be awesome, going totally international and all, but I can definitely see snags with it.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Colores
    An interesting suggestion, but unfortunately not one that is logistically possible at this time. There are other Harry Potter fansites in foreign languages, should you wish to submit work to a site that's not in English.

Thank you for your suggestion.