Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ways for Voldemort to Kill

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponine
    Hahaha, yeah, that's what I was thinking, Tim. He's not usually one for creativity. Unfortunately, at this point in the story, Nagini has kicked the bucket, so that's not an option.

The problem is that I want to create a somewhat poignant death scene, where someone has time to say their last words, so I'm not sure how well a complete maiming will work. (JKR had sort of the same situation with Snape's death, but luckily for her, she had Nagini to use.)

I'm beginning to think that there just isn't any plausible murder that Voldemort would commit that would lend itself to a heart-wrenching scene. (Somehow the image of my MC saying her goodbyes to someone with an imploded head just doesn't strike a cord with me. )
    If if was up to me, Voldemort would just shoot his victims with a Smith & Wesson 500 - a handgun befitting an evil Dark Lord!

That's not going to happen, unfortunately...

Maybe Volders could just use some kind of slashing curse, like Sectumsempra. A powerful enough one wouldn't kill you instantly, but you'd probably bleed to death.

I do like Inverarity's suggestion of Voldemort just shouting "DIE!", but I'm not exactly sure that would do anything.

How much time will elapse between Voldemort's curse and your MC witnessing the victim's death? That's something you should keep in mind.

Tim the Enchanter

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    I do like Inverarity's suggestion of Voldemort just shouting "DIE!", but I'm not exactly sure that would do anything.
    I was really substituting "Die!" for (presumably) an actual spell. Although since I'm sure Voldie can do non-verbal spells, he probably could just cast a fatal spell non-verbally while saying "Die!" out loud.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    I was really substituting "Die!" for (presumably) an actual spell. Although since I'm sure Voldie can do non-verbal spells, he probably could just cast a fatal spell non-verbally while saying "Die!" out loud.
    Simply shouting "DIE!" and having it actually do some damage would be amusing, though...

Tim the Enchanter

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Simply shouting "DIE!" and having it actually do some damage would be amusing, though...
    Haha, I agree. I can imagine him shouting it in his "Voldy" voice and staring at them like he did Harry, pointing his wand out just like he did in GoF. haha.

I quite like the idea (well, I don't like it... I think it is a good idea. haha) of the Sectumsempra sort of curse. It seems very Voldy-ish, while not being AK. Maybe the curse could burst a vein (or whichever one causes the blood to spurt out) in their hand and have the blood sort of spurt out (forgets science). The victim falls to the ground, and utters their last words as the last bit of blood drops from their wrist? I don't know whether that would work... Just thought I would put that out there

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    We also know that if someone has the Crusiatus Curse performed on them for an extended period of time, they will go permenently mad. Maybe the next step is death.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

IckleRonniex
    We also know that if someone has the Crusiatus Curse performed on them for an extended period of time, they will go permenently made. Maybe the next step is death.
    If the Cruciatus Curse is performed on somebody for a long period of time, insanity is the next step. We see what Bellatrix did to the Longbottoms, but even if the curse is a lot of pain, I don't think that it would kill... but that is just my opinion.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Annalise28
    Haha, I agree. I can imagine him shouting it in his "Voldy" voice and staring at them like he did Harry, pointing his wand out just like he did in GoF. haha.

I quite like the idea (well, I don't like it... I think it is a good idea. haha) of the Sectumsempra sort of curse. It seems very Voldy-ish, while not being AK. Maybe the curse could burst a vein (or whichever one causes the blood to spurt out) in their hand and have the blood sort of spurt out (forgets science). The victim falls to the ground, and utters their last words as the last bit of blood drops from their wrist? I don't know whether that would work... Just thought I would put that out there

~ Annalise x
    Veins just return blood to the heart, and have low pressure. Arteries are the vessels that go from the heart to everywhere in the body, and thus spurt when they're cut.

And why would Voldy try to kill the victim by cutting his wrists? You won't bleed to death very quickly just by slashing wrists, and it just sounds rather emo to me. The best places to aim for are the throat or the insides of the thigh - getting those major arteries cut would be fatal without immediate treatment.

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    You won't bleed to death very quickly just by slashing wrists, and it just sounds rather emo to me.
    And besides, it's down the road, not across the street. Simply slicing across the wrists is rarely fatal just because it's a lot less blood loss than people think.

And yes, it is emo. I know that Snape is like the original emo kid, but still, not very Voldy.

Maybe some sort of curse that causes a person's stomach acid to devour them from the inside out.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hehe, I'm loving this thread. You guys are incredibly gross

How about a spell that causes your brain to expand, or causes the increase of cerebral fluid? Or conjour flesh-eating bugs inside someone? Or that your heart starts beating so fast, it explodes?

And besides, it's down the road, not across the street. Simply slicing across the wrists is rarely fatal just because it's a lot less blood loss than people think.
    True. Like Tim said, you want to get the at the jugular or the femoral artery.

This has made me feel particularly evil.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Yeah, you guys are right. I am only in eighth grade, so I have a lot more to learn .

If the Cruciatus Curse is performed on somebody for a long period of time, insanity is the next step. We see what Bellatrix did to the Longbottoms, but even if the curse is a lot of pain, I don't think that it would kill... but that is just my opinion.
    Yes, I don't think that the Cruciatus Curse can actually kill anyone. Voldemort used the Cruciatus Curse on people to get information repeatedly, but they only died when he decided that he had had enough of them, by using AK.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*