Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ways for Voldemort to Kill

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Where are you Wetherby?
    Wow. This is probably the most macabre and interesting thread I've come across so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire at Dawn
    How about a spell that causes your brain to expand, or causes the increase of cerebral fluid? Or conjour flesh-eating bugs inside someone? Or that your heart starts beating so fast, it explodes?
    I am loving the second and third ideas. The second most of all. It is rather disgusting. The first, however, may cause the victim unable to utter those final words that Eponine needs. I think it may be best to stay away from a brain related demise for the moment.

I've got some inspiration from the Philosopher's Stone film. Quirrell sort of disintegrates into stone. Perhaps Voldy could cast some spell that slowly turns the body into dust, starting with the feet and slowly building it's way up. Just a thought. That kind of reminds me of that eruption!movie I saw once where a guy jumps into the lava and sinks/melts down. Erm, yeah. But if you want something more bloody then there are more than enough suggestions in here already.

Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    I was really substituting "Die!" for (presumably) an actual spell. Although since I'm sure Voldie can do non-verbal spells, he probably could just cast a fatal spell non-verbally while saying "Die!" out loud.
    LOVE IT.

-Julia

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Hehe, I'm loving this thread. You guys are incredibly gross
    Yes, we're so deliciously morbid, and just before Christmas too!

What could be some other ways, but let him have last words...

Slowly impaling something into his skull. Melting eyeballs (I'm not sure how this would be fatal, but maybe the person could die from shock).

Somthing you might want to research in general for this story is the concept of shock: that a person is experiencing so much pain that their body just can't take it anymore and they die. This is how I envision people dying from the Crutiatus Curse, from shock and not from the curse itself.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by the opaleye
    Wow. This is probably the most macabre and interesting thread I've come across so far.
    I know. This thread is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by the opaleye
    I've got some inspiration from the Philosopher's Stone film. Quirrell sort of disintegrates into stone. Perhaps Voldy could cast some spell that slowly turns the body into dust, starting with the feet and slowly building it's way up. Just a thought. That kind of reminds me of that eruption!movie I saw once where a guy jumps into the lava and sinks/melts down. Erm, yeah. But if you want something more bloody then there are more than enough suggestions in here already.
    That's actually not a bad idea at all. It is a slow way to die that gives the victim some time to utter his last words, but it is uniquely magical, unlike plain old bleeding to death.

However, the victim will have to get his words out before the crumbling dust reaches his chest - he'll need air to breath and blood to think in order to speak, and that won't happen if his lungs and heart turn to sand.

Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Somthing you might want to research in general for this story is the concept of shock: that a person is experiencing so much pain that their body just can't take it anymore and they die. This is how I envision people dying from the Crutiatus Curse, from shock and not from the curse itself.
    You bring up a very valid point, Molly. Calming the patient down is equally as important as treating the injury in first aid. Shock is a very real killer.

However, I don't think a person in shock will be able to say any coherent, heart-wrenching last words!

Tim the Enchanter

the_weird_one
    Haha, I do love this thread a lot, and how it's updated like every ten minutes.

My ideas: I just had this vision of Voldemort conjuring a car out of nowhere to run over the victim (would be humorous), maybe turning their blood into air, or nothing at all, like a vacuum, have a spell where needles pierce the skin so you would die from shock, like Molly said. Or (oh! creative!) have money or something valuable put in front of the person, then when they lunge for it, a trap from nowhere spews up and traps them. Good, no? Or Imperius everyone around them to kill the person. Or use Fenrir. That could work also. Um, let's see... have the floor become a pile of ice and then slip on it, and painfully torture then to death? Have a bunch of excruciating pain, starting slowly in your fingers, travel upward till you finally die from pain. Knock them out, then have Fenrir eat them. There's someone who supposedly does this, though. Or just show a Hannah Montana Poster; that'll kill 'em for sure. *bad joke*

Just spewing out ideas here. Sorry if these have been already mentioned; just being creative!

-Addy

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by the_weird_one
    Haha, I do love this thread a lot, and how it's updated like every ten minutes.

My ideas: I just had this vision of Voldemort conjuring a car out of nowhere to run over the victim (would be humorous),
    Would this vehicle be a CEMENT MIXER, by any chance?! Everyone knows that cement mixers solve everything.

As for other ways to kill people with magic, here are some ideas:

• Turning someone's blood to ice.
    • Making someone's blood boil.
    • Death by Cornish Pixies.
    • Impalement and detonation by Erumpent Horn.
    • Barbecue.
    • Fiendfyre.
    • Reversing all body functions (i.e. heart pumps the wrong direction, limbs move the wrong way, the digestive system goes backwards, etc.).

Tim the Enchanter

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Knock them out, then have Fenrir eat them
    Nah. Just have Fenrir devour him (or her?) and don't knock them out first. That would be less painful, and s/he has to be able to utter the last words....

How about forcing them to commit suicide somehow? Showing images of their dead loved ones, perhaps, and there's a knife there.... but then s/he would try and stab Volders...

I'll come back with idea later, if you still need some. I don't know if this thread is so good for me, but it's kinda addicting. It's got my brain working... Oh, you could have your character be pulled apart, and each limb gets detached one after another...
    avvie by Annalise and banner Dinny/Evora - Becca, Lyss, Lise, Ronnie, ily <3
    GO GO GRYFFINDOR

the_weird_one
    Oooh! I have some, inspired by your posts!

Mental images is good, Imperiusing to do suicide? Too simple, no. How about Crucioing to do suicide? With a good mix of Imperiusing, I'm sure. Having a spell that creates the worst mental images possible (or a potion, with the help of dementors, of course) that drives you insane, to the point of killing yourself to make the images stop.

Pulled apart into little, tiny, miniscule pieces would be best, like little strips of people. Fenrir would have a field day on that, cut into tiny edible pieces! Yum! Or have a potion, or something, that drives the person inside-out dead, like you start rotting from the insides out. Then, you burn the remains, if that doesn't kill 'em, first. This would be a slow and extremely painful process, of course, so it would work. Or you could do it Princess Bride-style, having cut off all the arms and legs and everything and leaving only the ears, to hear the cruel mockeries...

What else...oh! Being sucked into quicksand? That's a slow way to die. Or overdose of chemicals, infiltrating from the body out, killing the person, eventually. Also, being squeezed slowing to death, insides popping out until choked. Just a few random ideas.

Wow. I scare myself to think about how much I think about this stuff.
    -Addy

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Where are you Wetherby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    However, the victim will have to get his words out before the crumbling dust reaches his chest - he'll need air to breath and blood to think in order to speak, and that won't happen if his lungs and heart turn to sand.
    Very true. But if it's a rather slow crumbling then it would give enough time to utter those final words. One would think. The person would probably have until the curse reached their lower diaphragm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    As for other ways to kill people with magic, here are some ideas:

* Turning someone's blood to ice.
    * Making someone's blood boil.
    * Death by Cornish Pixies.
    * Impalement and detonation by Erumpent Horn.
    * Barbecue.
    * Fiendfyre.
    * Reversing all body functions (i.e. heart pumps the wrong direction, limbs move the wrong way, the digestive system goes backwards, etc.).
    LOL. Death by Cornish Pixies. That has got to be it I'm also partial to Death by Erumpent Horn. I actually thought about Fiendfyre, too, but I'm not sure if Voldy would risk this. I mean, sure, he has multiple Horcruxes to keep him bound to this Earth and can fly like a bat out of hell but I think he still values the body he's already got. It took a lot of effort to regain Human form when he was destroyed the first time. It would be on a grand scale, however, which is a bit like Voldy but would it be too grand for a mere disobedient Death Eater? Questions, questions... I think I'm contradicting myself here...

Turning someones blood to ice would probably be a fairly instant death, though. The cell death this would cause along with the pain would render any human unable to say some final words. As would reversing ALL body functions. But they're great ideas for a time when Voldy's poor victim does not need to say any final words. Reversing some particular body functions, however, could work. The digestive system going backwards is gruesomely humorous. *evil cackle*

I'm truly horrified at myself sometimes.

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Give a victim a ton-tongue toffeee and then make that twelvefoot tongue wrap slowly around his throat. Choking to Death by your own tongue is kinda horrible.

In one extremely good story I read, the power of Voldemort's Cruciatus curse used to liquify his victims lungs. Excruciatingly painful.

I know Voldy was fond of the old Killing Curse which does finish the victim off very quickly, but he also liked to 'play' with them a bit first. He kept Charity dangling upside down, and kept Peter waiting for his new arm, for example.

One thing I saw on ummm, CSI I think, was a man who was nailed to a tree with his eyelids stuck open so he could see exactly what his tormentors were doing to him. Crucifixion was a horribly painful and long death. Perhaps Voldy has his own form of this.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird