Quote Originally Posted by Eponine
Hahaha, yeah, that's what I was thinking, Tim. He's not usually one for creativity. Unfortunately, at this point in the story, Nagini has kicked the bucket, so that's not an option.

The problem is that I want to create a somewhat poignant death scene, where someone has time to say their last words, so I'm not sure how well a complete maiming will work. (JKR had sort of the same situation with Snape's death, but luckily for her, she had Nagini to use.)

I'm beginning to think that there just isn't any plausible murder that Voldemort would commit that would lend itself to a heart-wrenching scene. (Somehow the image of my MC saying her goodbyes to someone with an imploded head just doesn't strike a cord with me. )
If if was up to me, Voldemort would just shoot his victims with a Smith & Wesson 500 - a handgun befitting an evil Dark Lord!

That's not going to happen, unfortunately...

Maybe Volders could just use some kind of slashing curse, like Sectumsempra. A powerful enough one wouldn't kill you instantly, but you'd probably bleed to death.

I do like Inverarity's suggestion of Voldemort just shouting "DIE!", but I'm not exactly sure that would do anything.

How much time will elapse between Voldemort's curse and your MC witnessing the victim's death? That's something you should keep in mind.

Tim the Enchanter