Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ways for Voldemort to Kill

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points

Ways for Voldemort to Kill

So here's a happy topic for everyone. (Merry Christmas!) Can you imagine any ways that Voldemort would kill an insubordinate Death Eater that would not be instant? We have seen him (and heard him threaten to) use Nagini, but besides that, is there anything else that is plausible?

This would be very useful and would create a pretty poignant moment if I could incorporate it into a story, but I'm beginning to think it's just out of character. Voldy is a huge fan of Avada Kedavra after all. It's also not the be all and end all of my story; I have planned and can definitely write an alternate to this--I just thought it was worth a shot to see if any of you thought it was plausible.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

Inverarity
    There is an Entrail-Expelling Curse mentioned in canon; I imagine that would be suitably messy and painful.

If you want other gory/painful execution methods, he could Petrify the unfortunate Death Eater and then set some creatures on him. (Wild dogs? Jackals? Army ants? A swarm of rare flesh-eating doxies?)

A Transfiguration spell: blood to acid.

Or a Flaying Curse to skin him alive. ("Bored now....")

Want more? I watched waaaay too many slasher flics when I was a kid.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Oh, this is where all my years of watching the Saw movies comes in handy!

Burning them alive, some sort of reverse Bubble Head Charm where their head is completely surrounded by water and they drown. Twisting off their limbs and then twisting off their head, poisioning, slow bleeding until the exanguinate.

As far as animals, there are swarms of scorpions, poisonous spidiers, fire ants. Box jellyfish venom is supposed to be the most excrusiating poisoning there is, and most people die of shock before the actual poison kills them. But I'm not quite sure how you can makes this work. Just something that I thought would be excrusiating.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Voldemort is fond of siccing Nagini on people, so I think that would definitely be a possibility.

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Voldemort is fond of siccing Nagini on people, so I think that would definitely be a possibility.
    Oh, Tim, you're a Ravenclaw! Show some imagination!

But more ways to die...

Pulling off the person's scalp, flying knives or other implailing objects, general impailing, prying open their rib cages, being cut to ribbons by shards of flying glass, sliced apart by barb wire, being cut apart piece by piece...I need to watch my way through my old movies again. A bit bloody and gorey, but that is what our modern horror genre has become.

Merlin, I need to lay off the horror flicks...

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Oh, Tim, you're a Ravenclaw! Show some imagination!

But more ways to die...

Pulling off the person's scalp, flying knives or other implailing objects, general impailing, prying open their rib cages, being cut to ribbons by shards of flying glass, sliced apart by barb wire, being cut apart piece by piece...I need to watch my way through my old movies again. A bit bloody and gorey, but that is what our modern horror genre has become.

Merlin, I need to lay off the horror flicks...
    Well, Voldemort doesn't kill people in really creative ways - from what I've gathered from the books, he prefers to just AK his victims or use Nagini. Or he might Crucio his target a bit, then deliver the killing blow. Even though Voldemort often comes up with ridiculous plans to kill Harry Potter, his ways of killing people don't show too much imagination.

But for ridiculous ways for Voldemort to kill people... I'm thinking of something involving flaming squirrels shoved down the victim's throat. Yeah...

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Well, Voldemort doesn't kill people in really creative ways
    I know, that would be a completely different Dark wizard. One who caught a glimpse of Muggle horror cinema and said to himself, "Hey, that's imitatable!"

For being such an allegid genius, he really doesn't have much imagination for his line of work. I need to create a Ravenclaw Dark wizard who does use his imagination!

Brand New Story!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    I know, that would be a completely different Dark wizard. One who caught a glimpse of Muggle horror cinema and said to himself, "Hey, that's imitatable!"

For being such an allegid genius, he really doesn't have much imagination for his line of work. I need to create a Ravenclaw Dark wizard who does use his imagination!
    A Ravenclaw dark wizard? That sounds rather fun. Can I be it?

Tim the Enchanter

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Hahaha, yeah, that's what I was thinking, Tim. He's not usually one for creativity. Unfortunately, at this point in the story, Nagini has kicked the bucket, so that's not an option.

The problem is that I want to create a somewhat poignant death scene, where someone has time to say their last words, so I'm not sure how well a complete maiming will work. (JKR had sort of the same situation with Snape's death, but luckily for her, she had Nagini to use.)

I'm beginning to think that there just isn't any plausible murder that Voldemort would commit that would lend itself to a heart-wrenching scene. (Somehow the image of my MC saying her goodbyes to someone with an imploded head just doesn't strike a cord with me. )

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

Inverarity
    Okay, you said you wanted the death to not be instant; I assumed that meant you wanted it to be slow and painful, not that you wanted a death that would allow the victim to utter some last words.

In that case, it's simple. As Tim pointed out, Voldemort really isn't that creative.

We know that there are lethal spells besides the Killing Curse. Molly didn't AK Bellatrix. So assume that Voldemort has some reason to use something else. Maybe he's just feeling lazy and "Avada Kedavra" is too many syllables.

So he points his wand and says "Die!" or whatever. Since it's not AK, the victim doesn't have to die instantly. Maybe the spell blows a hole through him, but he still has a few moments to say something with his last breath.