Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Generation Catagory

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Double posting because I have something else I have just begun considering. What would we consider to be the beginning of the Next Generation Era, like what year? When Teddy has started Hogwarts, or when the younger kids have start Hogwarts, or when the younger kids are born?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Double posting because I have something else I have just begun considering. What would we consider to be the beginning of the Next Generation Era, like what year? When Teddy has started Hogwarts, or when the younger kids have start Hogwarts, or when the younger kids are born?
    I'd think it would be Teddy, because his birth essentially started the new era in the wizarding world, as he was basically the first child born during Harry's stay at school. Essentially, Harry becomes a parent on that day, so when Teddy starts school, it truly is the next generation after the Trio, just as the Trio replaced the Marauders.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

PhoenixAscendant
    In my opinion, any Post Battle-of-Hogwarts fics that center around Teddy, Harry's kids, Ron's kids, etc could go in the Next-Gen category. It's not about time period as much as the character focus, to me. If you have to pick a time period, I would agree with Jess and say that when Teddy starts school, the Next-Generation category would begin, aka all fics set in 2009 and after.

Inverarity
    I don't know, what if someone writes a story about Hogwarts the year after the Battle? Some of them would be students who'd known Harry and maybe even been in the D.A., but the firsties would be completely new to Hogwarts. I think that would be a Next Generation story.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    I don't know, what if someone writes a story about Hogwarts the year after the Battle? Some of them would be students who'd known Harry and maybe even been in the D.A., but the firsties would be completely new to Hogwarts. I think that would be a Next Generation story.
    In this case I think it would depend on who was the focus of the story. If it was the trio or any of their year, or possibly some of the younger important characters such as Ginny/Luna then I would consider it Post-Hogwarts. If it focused on relatively unkown characters or OCs, then probably next-generation.

It will probably be tricky to define at first, but if/when this goes ahead, we'll be sure to issue some guidlines as to what fits into each category. This suggestion is currently being voted on and an answer will be up in the next few days.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.