Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hogwarts Horntails! (Team 1 of the QWC)

kumydabookworm
    Mask, brilliant drabble above!

Kundakchi looked around himself as he looped around a speedy Bludger.

Vural called, "Hasan, over here!"

Seeing a set of blue English robes coming toward him, Kundakchi rapidly tossed the Quaffle to his fellow Chaser and moved to block the incoming English player from hitting Vural.

"Thanks, Hasan!" cried Vural as he raced behind his teammate toward the English goals. Nesin, the third Chaser quickly took a position below Vural.

"And it's Vural, who drops the ball to Nesin, passed to Kundakchi, back to Nesin who throws the Quaffle at the hoops!" Harry roared excitedly.
    -giggles at teammates- Have fun with the next bit!

Masked One
    Thanks Kumy. I'm switching POVs again here.

They’re at it again. The thought plagued Oliver as he watched his teammates catch - and lose - the Quaffle.

Then he forced himself to focus. It would be Nesin who made the shot, if they played true to form. Nesin, who had passed off the ball and was getting into position for a shot at the right goal. Or… perhaps not. His eyes had just flickered. Right goal, or middle?

The ball was in Nesin’s hands, was leaving them. Oliver dived left, snagging the ball with his fingertips as it soared towards the center goal and passing to Worthington.
    Three of us are on. Should we maybe get on AIM so we can make sure not to both write the same drabble?

kumydabookworm
    James saw the Quaffle coming at him. He caught the ball and tucked it snugly into his arms.

He flew quickly down the field, aiming for the Turkish hoops.

He saw the Bludger coming toward him, too late to actually avoid it. He looked around and saw Angelina. He stopped suddenly.

I can't pass the Quaffle to her. She'll get hurt just like Amanda. It'll ruin her life...even the Healers couldn't help my sister fly again.

Clenching his teeth, James felt the Bludger hit his chest and took the blow with a grunt, feeling the Quaffle slip from his hands.
    Now, to the next play by the Turkish! -waits in anticipation-

Masked One
    “Kundakchi catches the ball after Worthington hesitates, and he’s back up the field, with Johnson on his tail. He dodges a Bludger from Weasley - but the OTHER Weasley sends the other Bludger. Kundakchi drops the ball to Vural, who Reverse Passes to Nesin-”

Harry found himself screaming, caught up in the excitement of the plays. Ginny’s hand clenched his arm tightly. He was peripherally aware of Hermione’s intent watch of Fred and George - she’d actually cheered aloud when they’d forced the pass.

“And Nesin dodges around Rutledge, back towards the goals.”
    We need to get some Turkish goals in fairly soon, yes? I'm trying to stick with the Plan - if I get off give me a kick.

mugglegurl
    Here I am!! Sorry I'm so late *smiles sheepishly* If I could skip school and write all day, I would.

Nesin passed the Quaffle back to Kundakchi, but he threw it with too much force and it slipped past his fingers. Harry inwardly cheered, then immediately felt bad. Being an announcer, Harry wasn't allowed to pick favorites, but in his mind he was silently begging for England to win; he winced every time they made a mistake.

England has beaten Turkey before, Harry told himself. Thanks to Ludo Bagman. If they won once with a good Beater, hopefully they can win with two.

The England fans cheered when Angelina caught the ball in mid-air.
    I had to do some editing so it was 100 words, and my spell checker says it's 100 words even.

kumydabookworm
    Harry roared, "And England takes the ball back, thanks to a fumble by the Turkish Chasers!"

Harry watched Angelina anxiously as she flew down the court. "Johnson played for the Gryffindor team at Hogwarts a few years ago and won the Quidditch Cup. She's known for her passing skills at the center position as Chaser..."

The male Chasers aren't passing to her at all, and she knows that if she passes the Quaffle to them, she likely won't put her hands on it again. But she won't let pride in the way - she'll do what's best for the team.

"And Johnson passes to Worthington, who approaches the goal...if he makes it, England will take the lead!"
    Ladedahdah. Hogwarts Horntails are Hot! Heehee.

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    *ok - this should do it* No? *spam spam spam - curses 50 character count*

Khanh was not happy as she hovered above the pitch watching the Quaffle being fumbled back and forth. Her team needed guidance. She rapidly began shouting orders in Turkish in a curt manner.

“Almak o biraraya! Olmak-den sora yumak,” she yelled at the Chasers.

Kundakchi nodded, and doubled back at full speed towards their side of the pitch, quickly closing in on Worthington.

James approached the Tuskish hoops with enthusiasm.

As he threw the Quaffle towards the left hoop, Kundakchi intercepted the goal in mid-air, flying at full speed towards the English hoops.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

kumydabookworm
    Keeper Wood looked right at Kundakchi, searching for a sign of which way his body would move.

Hasan knew that building of muscles inch by agonizing inch in training would help. His body would not betray its movements, even to these watchful eyes.

He dove down and swooped behind the hoops, looping around them to end up directly in front of the hoop on the right side. He tossed the Quaffle, ignoring Wood's horrified expression as the man sped towards him seconds too late.

"And that's ten points for Turkey," Harry announced. "Brilliant loop around the hoops by Hasan Kundakchi."
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 50 makes me hyperactive. WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

Masked One
    “And Turkey scores again!” Harry said. “That puts the score at 70-20 Turkey, three hours into the game, with no sighting of the Snitch.”

Ginny and Hermione were chatting over his head - about nail color charms, of all things. Harry found the triviality of it all disconcerting; he had a nagging feeling of guilt that they weren’t dealing with more important things. Then he’d remind himself that they really didn’t have anything more important than losing a Quidditch game to worry about, and that would give him the energy to continue announcing England’s slow defeat cheerfully.
    fiftycharacterfiftycharactersfiftycharactersfiftyc haracterspleasethankyou

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Amanda Worthington stared incredulously at the English Chasers from her seat at the stands. She huffed in anger.

“Bloody hell, James!” she mumbled. “You need to trust Johnson. Give her a bleeding chance, Rutledge is too flamboyant.”

“Amanda, dear, your brother knows what he’s doing. Give him a chance,” her mother scolded.

“Mum! At this rate, they should just give the trophy to the Turkish team!” she cried exasperatedly.
    Mrs. Worthington turned to look at the English Chasers, noting that the two men kept passing the ball back and forth as Angelina desperately tried to stay in the plays.
    On to number 5, Mask or MG!
    *ugh....fifty characters - does her happy dance*

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!