Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hogwarts Horntails! (Team 1 of the QWC)

Masked One
    Fred looked down just as Rutledge caught the ball, so he had a clear view of the entire debacle. The fool caught the ball a good thirty meters out of the scoring area, executed a fancy, but amazingly slow, dodge around Nesin, and, as Harry put it, “…practically gave the ball to the Turkish Keeper!”

Arrogant prat‘s trying for a long goal. Fred chased helplessly after a Bludger, knowing he couldn’t get to it in time to stop Tecirli from stopping the goal and regaining possession for the Turkish team. In the War, pulling stunts would have gotten him killed.
    And... I believe we're on number six now. *spends fifty characters preening about her setup*

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Fred reached the Bludger thinking he could pull off a Bludger Backbeat. He meant to distract the clumsy Turkish Keeper into, hopefully, blindly throwing the Quaffle so that the English team would regain possession.

However, the Bludger flew after Rutledge, almost knocking him down.

“Oi, Fred, what’s your problem,” George called out.
    “Bloody, Rutledge! Won’t pass to Angelina! He’s jealous of her skills,” growled Fred.

“Fred! You’re supposed to hit the Bludger at the opposing team,” barked Worthington as he flew past them.

“If Rutledge, and you would pass to Angelina then we’d have a chance at winning,” Fred retorted.
    Hmm...number 7, I believe, unless we want to continue this convo?

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Masked One
    “AND IF THE BLOODY LOT OF YOU DON’T STOP ARGUING,” Angelina roared, “I WON’T HAVE ANYONE TO PASS THE QUAFFLE TO!”

Fred glanced automatically towards their third Chaser, who was looking distinctly pale. Angelina was right; the Turkish Chasers were bearing down on her, and she couldn’t pass the Quaffle there.

“Right Angelina,” George said, veering off. “You just do your thing.”

“That’s right,” Fred chipped in, chasing down the Bludger he’d almost knocked Rutledge over with. “We’ll scatter them.”

Angelina grinned. In the stands, Harry felt a sudden stab of painfully sweet nostalgia.
    So that would be a continuation of point six - point seven is up next (as you all know, silly fifty character thing.)

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    *runs in with drabble*
    Score!!!! *huH?*

Five hours into the game, England was being massacred. Harry sighed in frustration, watching the Turkish Beaters work the pitch effortlessly, again.

“You know, Harry,” Ginny mused, “the Beaters are the Achilles Heel of the Turkish. They play off each other’s strengths. However, if either one were unable to continue, then their team would fall apart. Other than their brilliant seeker, they do not have much skill.”

Harry wanted to tell Ginny he’d noticed that hours ago, but settled for exaggerated eye rolling, and shoulder hunching. Otherwise, his thoughts would be broadcast to the entire stadium.
    *Ok, guys - time to go back to the drawing board*

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

kumydabookworm
    Final section of the night! Great work, guys! 5050505050505050

Ginny continued. “Their Chasers are large. They’re good at driving forward. Ours are more skilled technically. If our three work together, they will dominate the game, especially since Oliver’s a much better keeper than Tecirli.”

“If we communicate and pull their Beater out of the game, we will be alright.”

Harry ground his teeth. I have to be able to respond to this!

“The score is 140-30 in favor of Turkey. Though the English team is struggling, solving problems isn’t as easy as it seems!” Harry glared at Ginny, showing her the words were meant for her. She smiled innocently.

mugglegurl
    Harry looked away from Ginny's smile only to see new action happening in the game. The English chasers had once again fumbled the ball, and Nesin had possession. He gaped when Nesin let the ball drop and held it with his feet. Fred Weasley saw this move and immediately hit a Bludger towards him, but Nesin rolled over on his broomstick.

With the Quaffle still tucked between his feet, he wrapped his arms around his broom and hung on upside-down. Fred's Bludger shot past him, and the Turkey fans cheered.
    I don't see why we need to 50 character rule, people usually just get past it with some weird gibberish, such as

Masked One
    Fifty characters is really an annoyingly random number, isn't it?

Nesin barked a single word of Turkish as he rolled upright again, scooping the ball back into his arm and holding it close to his body as he flattened himself out, as streamlined as possible.

His teammates fell in beside him, forming a tight grouping of bodies that shot off up the pitch. The crowd of players quickly separated to leave only the Turkish Chasers. They were in a triangle, Nesin slightly ahead and the other two behind him, and the ball darted quickly between them.

kumydabookworm
    -sigh- Why can't quotes count in this limit thing?

Amanda Worthington watched the Turkish Chasers speed down the field. She groaned when she saw James avoid the Chasers as they drove forward.

"James!" she yelled at her brother. "What are you doing?"

Her mother hushed her. "You don't want your brother to be hurt."

Amanda shook her head. "It's the Hawkshead Formation, Mum! If James lets them past, Oliver Wood surely won't be able to block their shot! They're driving too fast down the field, and three players coming at you can be intimidating to see when you're a Keeper guarding the hoops!"
    Okay, MG, you're next up!

Kumy

mugglegurl
    Oliver Wood watched the Chasers speeding toward him with growing dread. <i>The Hawkshead formation makes it so difficult to tell from which position they're going to shoot the Quaffle.</i> The ball went to Nesin, and Oliver moved left. The ball went to and Oliver moved right.

Oliver’s vision blurred for a moment, and he felt dizzy. His hands slipped on his broomstick, but he glimpsed Nesin raise his arm to throw the Quaffle.
    Man, I hate being sick. I feel all... yucky. I also hate this 50 character rule. I feel all... non-50 character-ish.

Why doesn't the stuff in quotes count for the 50 characters?

Masked One
    Habit made Oliver throw himself in front of the Quaffle, leaving half of his mind shrieking that this was going to hurt! It did; with the speed of their driving momentum behind it, the Quaffle slammed past his outstretched fingers and through the hoop.

Damn, Oliver thought as the Turkish crowd began to cheer in their now-hoarse voices.
    The fifty character limit is to stop spam. Quoting someone and saying 'I agree' is still spam. At least, I think that's the theory.

MG, I think you're up next again.