Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hogwarts Horntails! (Team 1 of the QWC)

Hybrid View

kumydabookworm

The Hogwarts Horntails! (Team 1 of the QWC)

To Fly Again

Hogwarts Horntails: Team 1 of the QWC
    Mask, MG, Ritta and Kumy

Harry Potter walked up to the highest seats in the Quidditch stadium. Four years ago, he had been in these same box seats, watching the game with his friends. Four years ago, Voldemort had not killed most of them.

The war is over now. It was worth it.

England was hosting the World Cup for the second time consecutively in honor of its crucial part in the War.

Perhaps in consolation for his war wounds – and resulting inability to fly – the Ministry had offered him the position of announcer. Unable to stay away from the game, he’d accepted.

"Sonorus."

Masked One
    Kumy, you forgot to italicize your spell.

“Welcome,” Harry said, hearing his own voice strangely deep and important across the noise of thousands of cheering people, “to the four hundred and twenty-third World Cup final!”

The din increased at that, so that Harry waited a few seconds before continuing. “Before we begin, may we have a moment of silence in memory of those who are not here to celebrate the recommencement of this event.”

A spell couldn’t have brought silence more quickly than those words. On either side of Harry, Ginny and Hermione bowed their heads. He knew their thoughts were the same as his. Ron.
    fiftycharactersplease

kumydabookworm
    Thank you, Mask! The spell has been italicized.

Harry felt Hermione begin to shake, and grasped her hand. Her engagement ring dug into his palm, and he welcomed the pain as a distraction from the imminent tears.

For you, Ron. This celebration - this way of life - is what you died to preserve.

"And now," he began, his voice raspy, "let the game begin! Introducing the Turkish National Team mascots!"

Hesitant cheers began, and quickly crescendoed into a deafening roar.

"The Turkish Clabberts!"

Green monkeys danced into the stadium and into the audience, hooting and swinging by their tails.

mugglegurl
    *comes rushing in*

I'm here!

Harry watched the Clabberts with amusement.

"And now," he said amongst the cheering of the Turkey fans, "the English Jarveys!" The other half of the stadium broke out into thunderous applause as what appeared to be an army of over-grown ferrets marched onto the stadium.

"Who names a country after a food?" the Jarveys sneered. The Clabberts' pustules flashed red. "And why 'Turkey'? You're all a bunch of hams!"

Before the Clabberts could respond, Harry cleared his throat. Every one turned to look at him, including the mascots. "Now, I would like to introduce the Turkish team!"
    Small note: Jarveys can talk, but it usually consists of insults and rude phrases.

kumydabookworm
    -giggles-

"Sad! Kundakchi! Tecirli! Adivar! Vural! Nesin! And....Khanh!" Harry called as blurs of shimmering red zoomed into the stadium.

The Turkish crowd roared. Harry saw a single turban being tossed, and the gleam of a bald head, but brushed it off quickly.

"The English National Team!" The English began such an uproar that Harry, even with the Sonorus spell, felt he had to shout.

"JOHNSON! WEASLEY! WEASLEY! RUTLEDGE! WORTHINGTON! WOOD! AND...MOORE!"

The blue streaks circled the stadium, and the Jarveys' calls could be heard even over the cacophony in the stadium.

"You stupid suckers better win this game!"
    Darn 50 characters. We're off to a great start!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    *has stopped claiming spot*

The crowd continued to go wild for a couple of minutes, and Harry couldn’t help but smile to himself; it almost felt as if life were back to normal.

As the clamor of the crowd died down, Harry introduced the referee, Margo Quincy.

A plump woman flew out to the field in a referee regulated broomstick.

“Welcome everyone! I would like to take this opportunity to make an important announcement,” she began.

After clearing her throat, the woman’s jovial voice boomed throughout the pitch.

“First, it is of utmost importance that both teams play fair.”
    *passes torch to next team mate -- please continue on with the humor!*

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

kumydabookworm
    And the humor begins! Or rather...the insanity. <_<

"Nagging harpie!" cried a Jarvey.

Margo continued determinedly. "Fouls include -"

"Dastardly dictator!"

"SHUT UP!"

"Misguided harridan," muttered another Jarvey.

Margo jumped on one foot. "Stop it!" Her arms waved like a windmill.

"You're aggravating me!" Her head nodded up and down incessantly. "10, 9, 8, 7..."

"Rude referee."

"You're interrupting my ANGER MANAGEMENT!" Quincy's rear end started shaking, and she shimmied her chest. "6, 5, 4, 3..."

The Jarvey giggled. "Idiot."

Poor Margo's eyes began rolling in her head. Quickly, other referees led the hopping, windmilling, nodding, shimmying, shaking, eye-rolling head referee off the field.

"Well..." Harry said, flabbergasted.
    I love PMs with plans on them. I love this team so far. I think we're going to do great!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    *hopes this is ok*
    yea - finally the action is starting to take place!

A new referee flew out into the field, cleared his throat and signaled for Harry to announce him.

“Erm, well it seems that the back–up referee, Tobias Moreloot, will be taking the place of Quincy tonight,” Harry hurriedly mumbled, checking the official roster for accuracy.

Tobias flew up towards the pitch. He signaled for the two captains to fly forward and shake hands.

The English captain, chaser James Worthington, flew forward with a cocky grin.

Turkey’s Seeker, and captain, Ayse Khanh flew forward briskly. She smiled smugly at Worthington as they shook hands.

“Ready to lose,” she taunted.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

kumydabookworm
    I have time for one more drabble. Then it's bed for me! Great work so far, guys!!! We're done with the beginning!

The English team looked anxious. Worthington was notorious for his fiery temper. But the captain gallantly smiled, shaking Khanh's hand before flying away, his hands white around his broomstick handle.

Referee Moreloot grinned. He released the Snitch and watched it fly away, the golden ball quickly disappearing in the huge stadium.

He grabbed the Quaffle in one hand and the tether holding the Bludgers in their case with the other.

"Let the game begin!" Moreloot announced as he threw up the Quaffle and released the Bludgers.

The crowd roared as Chasers from either team dived to catch the red ball.
    See what the requirement for 50 characters makes me say?

Masked One
    So I added in a move that wasn't on our list - but I think this section fits fairly well. Maybe?

“…and it’s Rutledge with the Quaffle for England!” Harry said, as the Chaser spiraled off towards the Turkish goals. “But what’s that he’s doing? I think he’s attempting a Woolongong Shimmy, but the Turkish Chasers are closing fast!”

Angelina was keeping pace under and slightly ahead of Rutledge, ready to make a catch, but he continued his crazy zig-zag. “And will Rutledge make the pass to his teammate before it’s too late?” Harry leaned forward, squinting into the tangle of arms and legs.

“But no! It’s Vural, passed to Kundakchi, who’s away up the pitch towards the English goals.”
    *passes game off to the next person*