Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QWC Group 5 Assemble!

Oliver_Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by solemnlyswear_x
    Okay, here’s mine. I kept going from Galahard’s point of view. I was thinking about it, and it might not flow well if we switch POVs in the middle of the story. I don’t know what you guys think though. I made Galahard a Seeker, I hope that’s okay.
    Ya, I thought about that too, I had it in mind that Galahard would be a seeker.

Emily, nice job! Way to get us going. I did have a couple questions about yours- if I was wrong about something you were implying, just let me know. Okay, are the Falmouth Falcons Galahard’s team, or the other team? I couldn’t quite tell, so I might have screwed up the points when I said Galahard’s team scored again. And what should the name of the other team be?
    Actually, the foulmouth falcons can be Irish, bacause it doesn't say in QTTA. How abou the brittish are Montrose Magpies.

Should we make a little list of facts/players to keep our story straight? If I messed anything up or some part of my 100 words doesn't make sense, just let me know and I'll fix it.
    I loved it, it was very good, I'm gonna post again, because we only have 10 days left! and yes, I think we should make a chart.

I saw a sign as I was circling the pitch. In blue letters it said, "GIRLS sHOUlD NoT pLAY QUIDdITCh". I took offence to this, as I was the only girl on my team. Oh, I would show them girls could play better then any person on their team. At that point, I didn't quite know I was right.

I watched above the game as Kirk Lovely and Alic Thompson sandwitched the other teams chaser gaining posestion of the ball a third time. I beamed at our team, making amazing plays when I realized that I wasn't quite putting my full attention on finding the sintch. I made a quick dive, hoping to distract the oposing seeker. It worked and he fell into a dive as well. I pulled up, just short of the grass and began searching again.
    P.S. I'll send around a PM to you guys staring the list of players
    <3 Emily
    P.P.S Silian will be leaving the site for good, and cannot participate. We will all miss her very much. That leaves us 3 to finnish off the story. We can do this, we are strong. And because there is only 3 of us, it looks like we are the Firebolt Fives! (majority vote) Good bye Silian, We will miss you.

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I’m so sorry I didn’t write more sooner, my teachers picked a bad week to pile on work. –Hugs Firebolt Fives-

Here’s another 100 words, and the deadline's been extended to the 10th, so we can still finish!
    Go! Go! I cheered silently as our Seekers put away two successive goals. I didn’t want to get too comfortable with our lead, or let my guard down, but things were looking pretty good for us. The only thing left to do now was find the Snitch.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a glint of gold hovering near a hoop. I glanced over my shoulder to see if the other Seeker had noticed it as well, but he hadn’t, and I began to fly towards the Snitch. I’ll teach them that girls can play Quidditch.

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Oliver_Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by solemnlyswear_x
    Go! Go! I cheered silently as our Seekers put away two successive goals. I didn’t want to get too comfortable with our lead, or let my guard down, but things were looking pretty good for us. The only thing left to do now was find the Snitch.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a glint of gold hovering near a hoop. I glanced over my shoulder to see if the other Seeker had noticed it as well, but he hadn’t, and I began to fly towards the Snitch. I’ll teach them that girls can play Quidditch.
    I was compleatly one with my thoughts and concentration, when the snitch dived, I dived. When it sped up, or turned around, I did also. I was soon over head and with an easy pluck I could have grabbed it, and I did. I wiggled in my hand trying to escape, but my grip was firm and I wouldn't let go.

I dived. Spells and curses came flying in from the crowd. Many badly aimed and some missing us by only inches. I dared a glance around the pitch, looking for ,my other team-mates. Jarrel was just dodging a well aimed pretrificus totalus spell and Markley was hanging upside down from his broom.
    People, we have two days left! Where are you? We've only had 5 sections, and its only been me and solomlyswear_x! Silain left! Ahhh!

Here’s another 100 words. It’s due by the end of the day, and I think we should try to get it to at least 800 words. That means we need two more parts. If we can wrap it up, I can take all the 100 word parts, put them together, and catch any spelling or capitalization stuff we missed. I’m going to be gone until later today, but I should be able to post another 100 words if someone else can. I hope we can finish, it’s looking good so far!
    - Melissa
    What was the crowd thinking? I guess they couldn’t believe we had beaten their home team; the score had ended up 250-10. Our Chasers had been scoring goal after goal while I was searching for the Snitch.

“Galahard, watch out!” I heard Jarrel suddenly.

Acting on instinct alone, I ducked, narrowly missing what looked like a Stinging Hex. “Thanks,” I shouted back, glad he had seen the spell coming. It would’ve hit my head if he hadn’t given me warning.

Careful to keep an eye out for more spells, I flew lower, hoping I would be safer on the ground.

Oliver_Wood
    Thanks Melissa. I hope Lily_16_Evans post sometime today, If not It'd be passed between us. Please Lily! Here is mine:

I was nearing the enterance to the pitch when I landed on the ground. It was as if, I was still flying, my landing so gracful, Markley told me that he didn't even notice that I landed untill Thompson landed too. We ran to the enterance and started to run tward the village, escaping the mob of fans.

I never saw the rock in my path, I didn't know it was there untill I tripped over it, fell to the ground and squached the snitch in my hand. On the ground, my legs jumped together in what I knew was a leg locker curse.

Hi everyone,

I was afraid that no one else would be able to get on tonight and we wouldn’t be able to finish. So, I hope I’m not stepping on any toes, but I went ahead and added a last little paragraph and ended it. If anyone can get on tonight, feel free to add an extra part in somewhere. But, I think it turned out pretty nicely! Should we title it? I was thinking Girls Can’t Play Quidditch, just because it’s sort of a running thing throughout the story. In any case, that's what I titled it just for this post. But let me know if you guys don't like it and have something better in mind. Oh, and are we just supposed to leave the final thing here? I'm not really sure. : )

Well, without further ado, the Firebolt Fives present: Girls Can’t Play Quidditch.

"Thompson, you ready?" I asked nervous about the upcoming game. "I heard that these Brits are awful good," I continued, looking at the team huddled at the other end of the pitch.

"No, Galahard, I won't let these bloody Brits beat us, even if they have a home town advantage," he replied, staring me in the eye. "Just look for the Snitch, don't pay any attention to what we do," he said starting to go off the other team to shake hands with the English captain.

I found my spot between Jarrel and Markley ready to push off. The whistle blew and I flew into the air making quick circles around the pitch. Cheers sounded in my ears and as we made our first goal, and the Quaffle fell into the hands of the Falmouth Falcons.

I continued to fly around the pitch, my eyes darting back and forth, watching the game unfurl below me. Our Chasers were passing around the Brits, employing the new plays we had learned. I looked on as they moved down the field, narrowly avoiding a well-aimed Bludger. Now, the three Chasers were nearing the hoops, close enough to score.

“Come on, George,” I muttered, still searching for the elusive Golden Snitch.

“And Markley scores, increasing the lead to twenty!” the announcer cried enthusiastically as the Quaffle flew past the Keeper.

The crowd erupted, both boos and cheers filling the stadium.

I saw a sign as I was circling the pitch. In blue letters it said, "GIRLS sHOUlD NoT pLAY QUIDdITCh". I took offence to this, as I was the only girl on my team. Oh, I would show them girls could play better then any person on their team. At that point, I didn't quite know I was right.

I watched above the game as Kirk Lovely and Alic Thompson sandwiched the other team’s Chaser gaining possession of the ball a third time. I beamed at our team, making amazing plays, when I realized that I wasn't quite putting my full attention on finding the Snitch. I made a quick dive, hoping to distract the opposing Seeker. It worked and he fell into a dive as well. I pulled up, just short of the grass and began searching again.

Go! Go! I cheered silently as our Chasers put away two successive goals. I didn’t want to get too comfortable with our lead, or let my guard down, but things were looking pretty good for us. The only thing left to do now was find the Snitch.

I was completely one with my thoughts and concentration, when the Snitch dived, I dived. When it sped up, or turned around, I did also. I was soon overhead and with an easy pluck, I could have grabbed it, and I did. I wiggled in my hand trying to escape, but my grip was firm and I wouldn't let go.

I dived. Spells and curses came flying in from the crowd. Many badly aimed and some missing us by only inches. I dared a glance around the pitch, looking for my other teammates. Jarrel was just dodging a well-aimed Petrificus Totalus spell and Markley was hanging upside down from his broom.

What was the crowd thinking? I guess they couldn’t believe we had beaten their home team; the score had ended up 250-10. Our Chasers had been scoring goal after goal while I was searching for the Snitch.

“Galahard, watch out!” I heard Jarrel suddenly.

Acting on instinct alone, I ducked, narrowly missing what looked like a Stinging Hex. “Thanks,” I shouted back, glad he had seen the spell coming. It would’ve hit my head if he hadn’t given me warning.

Careful to keep an eye out for more spells, I flew lower, hoping I would be safer on the ground.

I was nearing the entrance to the pitch when I landed on the ground. It was as if, I was still flying, my landing so graceful, Markley told me that he didn't even notice that I landed until Thompson landed too. We ran to the entrance and started to run toward the village, escaping the mob of fans.

I never saw the rock in my path, I didn't know it was there until I tripped over it, fell to the ground and squashed the snitch in my hand. On the ground, my legs jumped together in what I knew was a leg locker curse.

“Shoot,” I muttered, trying to move my legs.

Markley was the first to notice I’d fallen.

Finite Icantatem,” he said quickly. “You okay, Galahard?”

“I’m fine,” I replied, scrambling to my feet.

We began to run again, hoping to evade the crowd.

“Quick, over here,” Thompson said, pulling us off the road we had been following. “Let’s Apparate back home.”

“Fine by me,” Markley said as another spell soared overhead.

As the three of us began to Apparate and leave the crowd behind, I smiled. We had won, and I had showed the crowd that girls could definitely play Quidditch.