lily_16_evans

QWC Group 5 Assemble!

I'm so excited you guys!!!

So our group:
    Lily_16_evans (slytherin)
    Oliver_Wood (hufflepuff)
    solemnlyswear_x (Gryffindor)
    Silian Martreb (Ravenclaw)

First I think we need to start brainstorming some ideas and fast!
    1) we need an era (current, future, marauder, founder, other)
    2) the teams playing (if hogwarts wich houses, if not which countries?)
    3) The players
    4) the commentator.

Can't wait to get started let me know what you guys think, and if there's anything we're missing!

Loads of Hugs
    lily

[edit] we need a name! I totally forgot! Think think think!! [/edit]

Slian Martreb
    How about the Firebolt Fives or something similarly unnecessarily alliteratical?

*makes up words*

I think it would be really cool and different if we didn't do MWPP era OR Trio era, and, skipped having names altogether. We'd just have Chaser 1,2 and 3 and Beater 1, 2 and Keeper and Seeker.

Don't mind me. I'm utterly demented tonight. Ask Professor Gary. *lays blame elsewhere*

Oliver_Wood
    Hey Guys, I'm Emily... (Oliver_Wood)

I don't think that they should be house teams, because I honestly don't think that everyone will agree on witch team, because there are all houses here. So definately it should be contry treams. What do you people think? As for the countrys, I'm impartial, I'm fine with any, as long as they don't stink... So here are some options:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quidditch through the ages
    Appleby Arrows- northern England
    Billycastle Bats- Nothern Ireland
    Caerphilly Catapults- Welsh
    Chudley Cannons- ? (doesn't say in Quidditch Through The Ages)
    Falmouth Falcons- ?
    Holyhead Harpies- Welch
    Kenmare Kestels- Irish
    Montrose Magpies- ?
    Pride of Portree- Isle of Skye ???
    Puddlemere United- ?
    Tutshill Tornados- England
    Wigtown Wanderers- ?
    Wimbourne Wasps- ?

P.S. All of this is from Quidditch Through The Ages and these teams are of England and Ireland.
    Erm, I thint that the era should be current, or else we have to worry about messing up history. What do you think?

Now I'm a little confused about the players. Are each of us players and when we write, its from our point of view? or do we write from only one person perspective, just all of us? What do y'all think? I think that we should just be 4 different poeple writing as the game is playing. Or we could be people in the stands following the game, or the commentator...
    P.s. if we're all different players, I'd like to be a seeker or chaser...

*group huggles*
    Emily

edit: do you guys have Live Journal? It might be useful for discussing what we want to happen. Also maybe we can have an AIM team 5 chat... if you have AIM...
    Tell me what you think..

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi! I'm Melissa.

Well, I sort of like idea of having each of us write about the game from a different position/perspective. But it wouldn't have to be just different players' perspective, we could include other people in the stadium. Some ideas: an announcer, a fan, a ref, and players, etc. I'm not too picky about what era we write in, but I think using a country team would be better, or Slian's Beater 1 idea.

I have LJ and AIM, if we decide to use that. PM might also work, I guess it depends on the time differences.

Oh, what order should we write in?

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

lily_16_evans
    Ok so we know that it's not going to be house teams, meaning that it's countries which we still need to decide on, thanks so much Emily for finding that for us.

When I said players i didn't mean we all write our own, I meant like in case it wa shouse teams and palyers that we knew we would have the charcters known. I think the idea of us all writing each character is cool, but then I think it turns into roleplay more than a round robin, and I don't know if that's what MQ had in mind.

We're also debating between the future adn the past. I was thinking of maybe doing one of the first Quidditch games ever. If any of you have Quidditch Through The Ages, if you look at page 38, it's sort of what I had in mind.

Quidditch was well established in Ireland by the fourteenth century, as proved by Zacharias Mumps's account of a match in 1285: 'a team of Warlocks from Cork flew over for a game in Lancshire and did offend the locals by beating their heroes soundly. The Irishmen knew tricks with the Quaffle that had not been seen in Lancshire before and had to flee the village for fear of their lives when the crowd drew out their wands and gave chase'
    What if we did ours on that? Just an idea!
    Tell me what you guys think
    Lily

[Edit] new idea! eek! We also could have an informal game, like having the Weasly's play a game of Quidditch in their backyard. We need to get started soon as this is due on the 5th. [/Edit]

Oliver_Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by lily_16_evans
    I think the idea of us all writing each character is cool, but then I think it turns into roleplay more than a round robin, and I don't know if that's what MQ had in mind.

We're also debating between the future adn the past. I was thinking of maybe doing one of the first Quidditch games ever. If any of you have Quidditch Through The Ages, if you look at page 38, it's sort of what I had in mind.

[Edit] new idea! eek! We also could have an informal game, like having the Weasly's play a game of Quidditch in their backyard. We need to get started soon as this is due on the 5th. [/Edit]

Thanks Lily, and I think that thats a great Idea... (darn this for not qouting a quote) both are good ideas, but I liken the frist one better. it would be kinda cool to have it be historical, but we'd have to make sure that we all got the facts right.

I guess maybe the different perspectives might not work too well but if web to do the idea you had from QTTA., then we could have 2 of us as people in the team, and 2 of us as the crowd...

I don't know, what do you guys think?

lily_16_evans
    EEK! Where is everyone!? We really need to get this started, we also really need a name!! quick rack your brains!!

Will the rest of you let me know what you think about mine and Emily's ideas? anyone?!?! please?

Hey, Iím sorry I havenít been around much to help.

I really like the first Quidditch game idea. I think thereís a lot we could write about with that, you know setting up the scene and stuff. I like Emilyís idea of having two players and two fans.

Is there any information on what the playersí names were? Otherwise I guess we can just write them in as we go.

And does anyone want to write first?

Name Ideas: (I like Slianís idea of being unnecessarily alliteratical. )
    Fantastic/Fantabulous Five
    Firebolt Fives
    Flying Fives
    Erm, thatís all Iíve got. I personally like the Firebolt Fives.

Oliver_Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by solemnlyswear_x
    And does anyone want to write first?

Name Ideas: (I like Slianís idea of being unnecessarily alliteratical. )
    Fantastic/Fantabulous Five
    Firebolt Fives
    Flying Fives
    Erm, thatís all Iíve got. I personally like the Firebolt Fives.
    I really like the Firebolt Fives, it has my vote. So its up to 2 votes, we need the other too... *is waiting*

I'll start first...
    Quidditch was well established in Ireland by the fourteenth century, as proved by Zacharias Mumps's account of a match in 1285: 'a team of Warlocks from Cork flew over for a game in Lancshire and did offend the locals by beating their heroes soundly. The Irishmen knew tricks with the Quaffle that had not been seen in Lancshire before and had to flee the village for fear of their lives when the crowd drew out their wands and gave chase'
    Ok, here goes nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Galaherd
    "Thompson, you ready?" I asked nervious about the upcoming game. "I heard that these brits are awful good," I continued, looking at the team huddled at the other end of the pitch.

"No Galahard, I won't let these bloody brits beat us, even if they have a home town advantage," he replied, stairing me in the eye. "Just look for the snitch, don't pay any attention to what we do," he said starting to go off the other team to shake hands with the English capten.

I found my spot between Jarrel and Markley ready to push off. The whisle blew and I flew into the air making quick circles around the pitch. Cheers sounded in my ears and as we made our first goal, and the quaffle fell into the hands of the Falmouth Falcons.

Okay, here’s mine. I kept going from Galahard’s point of view. I was thinking about it, and it might not flow well if we switch POVs in the middle of the story. I don’t know what you guys think though. I made Galahard a Seeker, I hope that’s okay.

Emily, nice job! Way to get us going. I did have a couple questions about yours- if I was wrong about something you were implying, just let me know. Okay, are the Falmouth Falcons Galahard’s team, or the other team? I couldn’t quite tell, so I might have screwed up the points when I said Galahard’s team scored again. And what should the name of the other team be?

Should we make a little list of facts/players to keep our story straight? If I messed anything up or some part of my 100 words doesn't make sense, just let me know and I'll fix it.

I continued to fly around the pitch, my eyes darting back and forth, watching the game unfurl below me. Our Chasers were passing around the Brits, employing the new plays we had learned. I looked on as they moved down the field, narrowly avoiding a well-aimed Bludger. Now, the three Chasers were nearing the hoops, close enough to score.

“Come on, George,” I muttered, still searching for the elusive Golden Snitch.

“And Markley scores, increasing the lead to twenty!” the announcer cried enthusiastically as the Quaffle flew past the Keeper.

The crowd erupted, both boos and cheers filling the stadium.