lily_16_evans

QWC Group 5 Assemble!

I'm so excited you guys!!!

So our group:
    Lily_16_evans (slytherin)
    Oliver_Wood (hufflepuff)
    solemnlyswear_x (Gryffindor)
    Silian Martreb (Ravenclaw)

First I think we need to start brainstorming some ideas and fast!
    1) we need an era (current, future, marauder, founder, other)
    2) the teams playing (if hogwarts wich houses, if not which countries?)
    3) The players
    4) the commentator.

Can't wait to get started let me know what you guys think, and if there's anything we're missing!

Loads of Hugs
    lily

[edit] we need a name! I totally forgot! Think think think!! [/edit]

Slian Martreb
    How about the Firebolt Fives or something similarly unnecessarily alliteratical?

*makes up words*

I think it would be really cool and different if we didn't do MWPP era OR Trio era, and, skipped having names altogether. We'd just have Chaser 1,2 and 3 and Beater 1, 2 and Keeper and Seeker.

Don't mind me. I'm utterly demented tonight. Ask Professor Gary. *lays blame elsewhere*

Oliver_Wood
    Hey Guys, I'm Emily... (Oliver_Wood)

I don't think that they should be house teams, because I honestly don't think that everyone will agree on witch team, because there are all houses here. So definately it should be contry treams. What do you people think? As for the countrys, I'm impartial, I'm fine with any, as long as they don't stink... So here are some options:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quidditch through the ages
    Appleby Arrows- northern England
    Billycastle Bats- Nothern Ireland
    Caerphilly Catapults- Welsh
    Chudley Cannons- ? (doesn't say in Quidditch Through The Ages)
    Falmouth Falcons- ?
    Holyhead Harpies- Welch
    Kenmare Kestels- Irish
    Montrose Magpies- ?
    Pride of Portree- Isle of Skye ???
    Puddlemere United- ?
    Tutshill Tornados- England
    Wigtown Wanderers- ?
    Wimbourne Wasps- ?

P.S. All of this is from Quidditch Through The Ages and these teams are of England and Ireland.
    Erm, I thint that the era should be current, or else we have to worry about messing up history. What do you think?

Now I'm a little confused about the players. Are each of us players and when we write, its from our point of view? or do we write from only one person perspective, just all of us? What do y'all think? I think that we should just be 4 different poeple writing as the game is playing. Or we could be people in the stands following the game, or the commentator...
    P.s. if we're all different players, I'd like to be a seeker or chaser...

*group huggles*
    Emily

edit: do you guys have Live Journal? It might be useful for discussing what we want to happen. Also maybe we can have an AIM team 5 chat... if you have AIM...
    Tell me what you think..

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi! I'm Melissa.

Well, I sort of like idea of having each of us write about the game from a different position/perspective. But it wouldn't have to be just different players' perspective, we could include other people in the stadium. Some ideas: an announcer, a fan, a ref, and players, etc. I'm not too picky about what era we write in, but I think using a country team would be better, or Slian's Beater 1 idea.

I have LJ and AIM, if we decide to use that. PM might also work, I guess it depends on the time differences.

Oh, what order should we write in?

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

lily_16_evans
    Ok so we know that it's not going to be house teams, meaning that it's countries which we still need to decide on, thanks so much Emily for finding that for us.

When I said players i didn't mean we all write our own, I meant like in case it wa shouse teams and palyers that we knew we would have the charcters known. I think the idea of us all writing each character is cool, but then I think it turns into roleplay more than a round robin, and I don't know if that's what MQ had in mind.

We're also debating between the future adn the past. I was thinking of maybe doing one of the first Quidditch games ever. If any of you have Quidditch Through The Ages, if you look at page 38, it's sort of what I had in mind.

Quidditch was well established in Ireland by the fourteenth century, as proved by Zacharias Mumps's account of a match in 1285: 'a team of Warlocks from Cork flew over for a game in Lancshire and did offend the locals by beating their heroes soundly. The Irishmen knew tricks with the Quaffle that had not been seen in Lancshire before and had to flee the village for fear of their lives when the crowd drew out their wands and gave chase'
    What if we did ours on that? Just an idea!
    Tell me what you guys think
    Lily

[Edit] new idea! eek! We also could have an informal game, like having the Weasly's play a game of Quidditch in their backyard. We need to get started soon as this is due on the 5th. [/Edit]

Oliver_Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by lily_16_evans
    I think the idea of us all writing each character is cool, but then I think it turns into roleplay more than a round robin, and I don't know if that's what MQ had in mind.

We're also debating between the future adn the past. I was thinking of maybe doing one of the first Quidditch games ever. If any of you have Quidditch Through The Ages, if you look at page 38, it's sort of what I had in mind.

[Edit] new idea! eek! We also could have an informal game, like having the Weasly's play a game of Quidditch in their backyard. We need to get started soon as this is due on the 5th. [/Edit]

Thanks Lily, and I think that thats a great Idea... (darn this for not qouting a quote) both are good ideas, but I liken the frist one better. it would be kinda cool to have it be historical, but we'd have to make sure that we all got the facts right.

I guess maybe the different perspectives might not work too well but if web to do the idea you had from QTTA., then we could have 2 of us as people in the team, and 2 of us as the crowd...

I don't know, what do you guys think?