Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QWC Team Three Take the Lead

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    We are allowed OCs as long as it isn't AU I think. Oh and guys, if you don't like the name "taking the lead" please let me know, if you do like it, i thought we could use it as our title.
    ~ Roxy

Taking the Lead #1

The Romanians walked out onto the pitch amid shouts and cheers from the crowd, their fiery dragon patronus mascot flying high around the stands. The red and black clad team mounted their brooms and kicked off from the ground. Circling the pitch once, they looked down upon their opposition. Costel, the captain and head chaser, called his team together with a smile. After a short huddle, the team broke apart and in one swift movement, swept down upon their unsuspecting rivals who ducked just in time. The crowd laughed along as the Red Caps circled once more before moving towards...

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Erica - Do the stars have to be green? I'm just worried because it sounds a bit Christmassy. *shrugs* But red with silver stars would be fine. *looks at Roxy's drabble* Mmm... maybe blue with silver stars, as the Romanian team is wearing red and black? I don't know. Seems too close.

Roxy - Taking the Lead is fine. I'm glad you came up with a title, as I'm terrible with them. But I think we still need to decide on a team name.

Oh, and why is the mascot a dragon if they're called the Red Caps? *remembers something* Eep! Wait! In canon, world cup teams don't have names. So it would just be the Romanian team with dragon mascots, and the American team with... *thinks* well, I work on that. (Erica, if you have any ideas, let me know.)

*thinks more* Yeah, I know, bad habit.

Roxy, I don't think it can be a dragon patronus, as you can't pick what creature your patronus is. I don't know. Sorry I'm picking so much; it was a great drabble, and I really shouldn't be acting so ungrateful.

babekitty_92
    I'm happy with it. Now, I'm going to continue with the story.... And I'm going to use my name for fun, is that okay? I'll obviously change my last name... Oh, and if you want to be Chaser as well, I'll change the name over. I like the 'Taking the lead" thing as well.

The crowd laughed along as the Red Caps circled once more before moving towards their side of the pitch, facing the centre circle. Today the team knew that this was it. Semi-final week was crucial and they were ready and roaring (no joke) to thrash the other team.

Their line-up consisted of Jason Costel, Abbi Norfolk and Arianne Bellview as their chasers, followed by...
    Have fun!
    Abbi

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    *gasp* Abbi took my turn! *realises I'm an idiot* : D

But we were going to go in order of introductions. But that's fine. I really don't mind. Although I thought we were just going to kind of leave off all of a sudden. So maybe I'll squeeze in my part?

Taking the Lead 2

The American team, who were all glaring at their opponents, silently wished for them to spontaneously combust. Of course this wouldn't happen, so, blue robes flapping in the wind, they reluctantly turned their brooms to face...
    *giggles* So then it will read:

The Romanians walked out onto the pitch amid shouts and cheers from the crowd, their fiery dragon patronus mascot flying high around the stands. The red and black clad team mounted their brooms and kicked off from the ground. Circling the pitch once, they looked down upon their opposition. Costel, the captain and head chaser, called his team together with a smile. After a short huddle, the team broke apart and in one swift movement, swept down upon their unsuspecting rivals who ducked just in time. The crowd laughed along as the Red Caps circled once more before moving towards...

The American team, who were all glaring at their opponents, silently wished for them to spontaneously combust. Of course this wouldn't happen, so, blue robes flapping in the wind, they reluctantly turned their brooms to face...

...their side of the pitch, facing the centre circle. Today the team knew that this was it. Semi-final week was crucial and they were ready and roaring (no joke) to thrash the other team.

Their line-up consisted of Jason Costel, Abbi Norfolk and Arianne Bellview as their chasers, followed by...
    Then Erica has to write what comes after what I wrote, but has to sort of fit in with what Abbi wrote. *gigglesnort* This is going to be really crazy, but it'll be really good I think if we can pull it off.

babekitty_92
    Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hits head on desk*

I am an idiot. I'll take my part and slip it in after Erica, if that's okay, so it should read at the moment:

The American team glared at their opponents, silently wishing for them all to spontaneously combust. Of course this wouldn't happen, so, blue robes flapping in the wind, they reluctantly turned their brooms to face...
    Sorry again guys!!!
    Abbi

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Don't worry about it. We kind of decided that without you, so really it's our fault. Actually, if Erica doesn't mind, I think your piece should go right after mine, that way we alternate between teams. *shrugs*

Oh, and I made a minor edit to my piece so that it would flow better with Roxy's.

And Erica, I tried not to put in too many details about the team, since we haven't really discussed much. If you want me to change anything, I don't mind.

stareyed_in_LA
    Chrissy, I love the idea of using silver and blue uniforms is awsome. Your drabble is also great too.

The American team glared at their opponents, silently wishing for them all to spontaneously combust. Of course this wouldn't happen, so, blue robes flapping in the wind, they reluctantly turned their brooms to face...

The Beaters, Craig and Steve Pataki: Pedro Reyes as the Keeper: and the Seeker, Lacey Yamamoto. They lined up on their brooms, nervously staring at the opposing team.
    “We’ve been training all year,” Jason said to his teammates. “We are going to beat the other team. We did great at practice yesterday. Lacey,” He turned to the tiny girl swathed in blue and silver robes, “Do your stealthy ninja move when stealing the Snitch from under the other Seekers nose! To the rest of the team, remember what we have practiced and let’s rock and roll!”

Then they turned to…

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Wait, Erica, I thought you were writing the American team? *ducks as teammates pelt me with root vegetables* Well, I thought it should be (and I'm really, really sorry if this wasn't what everyone else was thinking) That Roxy would write about the Romanian team, then leave off mid sentence, then I'd write the second drabble about the American team, also leaving off mid sentence, then Abbi would write another drabble about the Romanian team and Erica would write another about the American team, so that every other drabble was one team, but the story would still flow together, like this part:

"The crowd laughed along as the Red Caps circled once more before moving towards...

The American team..."

And then I started talking about what the American team was up to. Does that make any sense? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Okay, I'll quit being all evil and picky and say that I'm glad, Erica, that you like the blue robes, and that was a great drabble you wrote, so I really deserve to be pelted with root veggies for saying anything in the first place. : )

stareyed_in_LA
    C***! I am really sorry for that. But then again, I couldn't understand the instructions. Myabe I should get pelted with rotten tomatoes then.

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    *giggles* That's okay. Maybe it was you who understood, and me who was overcomplicating things? *shakes head* I really don't know.

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to try to explain things how I understood them and some ideas I had that I'm not sure if I checked with you guys about. Tell me if this makes absolutely no sense, or if you don't like it.

Drabble 1 - Author: Roxy; Team: Romania
    Drabble 2 - Author: me; Team: America
    Drabble 3 - Author: Abbi; Team: Romania
    Drabble 4 - Author: Erica; Team: America
    Drabble 5 - Author: Roxy; Team: Romania
    and so on.

Basically, I guess you could say my idea was taking both teams views and mushing them together, which is what I thought Roxy was thinking, too. So if you took out all the American drabbles, you'd have a Quidditch game from the point of view of the Romanians, but we're telling both sides of the story at the same time. Let's take a look a our story:

...their side of the pitch, facing the centre circle. Today the team knew that this was it. Semi-final week was crucial and they were ready and roaring (no joke) to thrash the other team.

Okay, so Roxy and Abbi are writing one story, Erica and I are writing another. But both stories have to work together. *knows I'm making no sense* But basically, if you take out the blue in the above example, it's just one big paragraph about the Romanian team. But we want to confuse people (I didn't mean ourselves, really) so it all has to flow.

Yeah, I just spent nearly half an hour writing a bunch of nonsense. If that made sense to anyone, you are truly amazing, because I can't understand it. Roxy, if this is what you had in mind, (and you can tell) please write something a little more understandable, as I have now decided to crown myself the queen of nonsense. (And going on and on about something and repeating myself several times because I stayed up 'til 5 in the morning.)

*sigh* But at least it was colorful.