Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QWC Team Three Take the Lead

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...

QWC Team Three Take the Lead

Howdy gang! I thought I'd take the liberty of starting our thread so we can get to work! It's great to see you friendly faces (Both Chrissy and Erica were in my Gauntlet group! Hi guys!) And I can't wait to get to know babekitty_92 as well! I'm sure we'll be able to get a great winning round robin to prove that we are the best team around!!!
    I'm Roxy, as some of you know, I'm the Puff and I'm from England, right in the middle of some of the HP movie sets. We'll have to see what the time difference will be in this group but it would be great to set up a chat on AIM or MSN or whatever!
    I can't wait to get started on this guys so how about we all introduce ourselves and then post our first 100 words. Shall we say that our order will be the order we introduce ourselves in? So I would be first, followed by whoever is next etc?

Let me know! This is so exciting!
    ~ Roxy

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    That sounds great Roxy! M'kay, I'm Christine, but you may call me Chrissy, I'm the resident Turnip of the team, and I live in California.

I was just wondering (and feel free to pelt me with root vegetables if this is completely outside your comfort zone) if you guys might want to make this a humor fic. If not, that's completely fine.

stareyed_in_LA
    Hi! I can't wait to start this exciting Round Robin!
    I know Roxy and Babekitty. Roxy was my guide in the Gauntlet third run and Babekitty had this round robin ages ago that I sort of contributed to. I don't know Chrissy at all, but I can't wait to know her a little better.
    My real name is Erica (it also sort of says so in my avi). I am a Gryffindor and a resident of Los Angeles, California. I don't have AIM or MSM (cause my daddy won't allow me). I do have a livejournal account.
    I can't wait to get started. We are so going to kick the other teams' booty. They won't know what hit them! Thats how much our team is going to rock!

By the way, for team names, how about "Party of Three," "Tenacious Team Three," or "Triumpant Threesters."

Unspeakable
    Ooh, a Humour fic? How exactly could we do that considering the premise of a Quidditch Game? I love the idea and it would be great to pull of, we just have to think about how we would do it!

How about the Threemendous Four? (I know, it's not good, but I giggled at it!)
    ~ Roxy

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    I have absolutely no idea how we could do a humor story, (unless it was slapstick or something... *gigglesnort*) but it would be great if we could pull it off. As for the team name, I have absolutely no idea, but you guys have good options.

As for communication purposes, I have AIM, MSN, and LJ.

And Roxy, very cool banner!

Unspeakable
    I think it would be cool to do a humour but perhaps it could be general with Humour when it works?

I also think it would be a good idea to start soon! we don't want to run out of time after all.

We'll wait another day to see if Babekitty turns up and then start.

~ Roxy

babekitty_92
    Sorry I'm so late guys!!!!!! I've had some personal things going on, but anywhoo, I'm here!!!! I'll be online everyday again!!!!

G'day! I'm Abbi *waves* and I'm 14, and live in Australia (I think you could tell from "G'day!" lol) and yeah, that's about all. I have a LJ and MSN, so PM me and i'll give you that.

Love the humour idea, it's really cool. The names, so many to pick!!! Triumpant Threesters and Threemendous Four are really cool, so you all pick! I can make us a banner once we've chosen so yeah....

Abbi

EDIT: Just a question, are we going to use canon characters (From a Quidditch team like the Wasps) or are we going to use our own names? Are we going to have an international team or one from England? Are we going to use a name like the Wasps (Team 2 I think is using the Harpies, I snuck in and looked! lol, I'm a true Slyth) or are we going to make one up? Will we use our own names should we not use canon, or will we make them up? And who wants to be what position???

Unspeakable
    Hi Abbi! Welcome to the team! How about this... As the competition is called "quidditch world cup" we all take a team each, from a different country. We could use our names for ideas, eg, I'm Roxy so I could do Romania, Chrissy could do China, Abbi could do America and Erica could do... um... Equador? (you can find your own I'm sure lol)

We could then write our fic as snapshots of a game. I would start with 100 words about Romania's first game, then Chrissy would tell us China's side, then Erica and whereever she decides to be from and then Abbi with America?

This could be used as a way of making it humourous! Each section of story gets cut off mid-sentence and then the next person finishes it using a different team with hilarious consequences. Eg: "Romania has the Quaffle! Jaques is flying towards the post dodging a speeding bludger and..." "Suddenly he finds himself in a liplock with the Keeper as a nasty hex is sent from his wife in the crowd ."

.. Ok.. so that example wasn't very funny, but do you like the idea?
    ~ Roxy

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    lol, Roxy. That's a pretty good idea. *waits for the rest of the team to arrive and agree or disagree*

Unspeakable
    Ok, I know we have a major time difference thing considering we've got two americans, an aussie and a brit, but we have to finish this by December 5th which is next wednesday(?) so we really need to start as soon as possible!

Shall we try a few warm up things while we wait? Perhaps, write 100 words on your team. Just a description and character list or something?

~ Roxy