Thread: QWC Team Four aka the best team!

Hybrid View

Just Tink

QWC Team Four aka the best team!

Hey, team four! I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty of starting the thread. My name's Jerri, I'm a 'Puff, and I LOVE Quidditch. If I was on a real team, I would be a beater for the Harpies. But since I am not a witch (well, my sister may say different, but whatever) I simply pour my tortured Quidditch-deprived-angst-ridden-tortured-teenage-soul-of-HP-freakness into fanfiction.

So. Um. Yeah. Welcome!

pixichik118
    Hi Jerri and team 4,
    I'm Alyssa, and I don't usually write Quidditch in my fics, so I thought it would be fun and new to try it for this. Thanks for starting our thread, Jerri, our name is awesome!
    Can't wait to start!

~Alyssa

Just Tink
    hi, Alyssa! Nice to cyber-meet you. =)

anyway, guys, how do you want to do this? A tragic tale of a game that was loved and then lost? An epic battle between Death Eaters and The OOTP- decided in a Quidditch match? The annual Gringotts goblins vs. Borgin and Burkes showdown? I'm game for anything. Seriously, though, it should probably be something we're all good at, if we can find it. Personally, I'll write anything, from tension-ridden serious game to humorous game made up from our twisted imaginations. What do you all think?

Although I do think we need a name. The Fantastic Four? The Final Four? The Team that shall rule them all? Jerri and the Jerrets? (just kidding about that one.) Or how about the Fluffy Bunnies? That way we can catch the other teams off gaurd.

Third Year Slytherin
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Hello Jerri and Alyssa (and a 'Hi' with great relish to the last team member yet to be seen)! My name is Jace. I'm not best known for my quidditch scenes.. However, I do have a lot of emotion and poignancy in my fics, so I know you can find a use for me in here.

As far as the round-robin itself is concerned, I think we should just brainstorm for a bit as to what type of match it is. I have really no preference so long as it's very heated and dirty. A great rivalry game would be great...

- Jacie the Cat
    Goodbye, everyone.
    Thanks for the memories.

pixichik118
    Hi,
    Yeah, personally, I'm more of an emotional writer, and I like Jace's idea.

I think it would be the best to write a sort of angsty match. That way, it will have a pretty clear intention, will be pretty easy to follow, and it would help keep up the pace as well.

As for the other specifics I'm not very picky either, and this is supposed to be a Quidditch World Cup match, right? So should we pick teams from differnt countries?

(Oh, and also, if we do an Angsty match I think the names The Fiery Four, or The Fierce Four would fit perfectly with the story.)

Third Year Slytherin
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    I think the rivalry idea is the best, and having it take place at the QWC would probably be the most appropriate. What are some countries that hate each other? (Haha!)

And as for team names, what about The Four Provinces (Ireland), The Four Seasons, or The Four Color Theorem?

- Jacie the Cat
    Goodbye, everyone.
    Thanks for the memories.

Lurid
    Hey guys!

Not to be a kill joy, but it's Tuesday for me.,

Which means it's NEARLY Tuesday for you guys.

And I'm the last one to have posted any writing, so I can't post again.

Oh well. If no one can fill in the gaps, I'll take the storyline and hopefully make a fic one day..