Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QWC Team Four aka the best team!

Just Tink

QWC Team Four aka the best team!

Hey, team four! I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty of starting the thread. My name's Jerri, I'm a 'Puff, and I LOVE Quidditch. If I was on a real team, I would be a beater for the Harpies. But since I am not a witch (well, my sister may say different, but whatever) I simply pour my tortured Quidditch-deprived-angst-ridden-tortured-teenage-soul-of-HP-freakness into fanfiction.

So. Um. Yeah. Welcome!

pixichik118
    Hi Jerri and team 4,
    I'm Alyssa, and I don't usually write Quidditch in my fics, so I thought it would be fun and new to try it for this. Thanks for starting our thread, Jerri, our name is awesome!
    Can't wait to start!

~Alyssa

Just Tink
    hi, Alyssa! Nice to cyber-meet you. =)

anyway, guys, how do you want to do this? A tragic tale of a game that was loved and then lost? An epic battle between Death Eaters and The OOTP- decided in a Quidditch match? The annual Gringotts goblins vs. Borgin and Burkes showdown? I'm game for anything. Seriously, though, it should probably be something we're all good at, if we can find it. Personally, I'll write anything, from tension-ridden serious game to humorous game made up from our twisted imaginations. What do you all think?

Although I do think we need a name. The Fantastic Four? The Final Four? The Team that shall rule them all? Jerri and the Jerrets? (just kidding about that one.) Or how about the Fluffy Bunnies? That way we can catch the other teams off gaurd.

Third Year Slytherin
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Hello Jerri and Alyssa (and a 'Hi' with great relish to the last team member yet to be seen)! My name is Jace. I'm not best known for my quidditch scenes.. However, I do have a lot of emotion and poignancy in my fics, so I know you can find a use for me in here.

As far as the round-robin itself is concerned, I think we should just brainstorm for a bit as to what type of match it is. I have really no preference so long as it's very heated and dirty. A great rivalry game would be great...

- Jacie the Cat
    Goodbye, everyone.
    Thanks for the memories.

pixichik118
    Hi,
    Yeah, personally, I'm more of an emotional writer, and I like Jace's idea.

I think it would be the best to write a sort of angsty match. That way, it will have a pretty clear intention, will be pretty easy to follow, and it would help keep up the pace as well.

As for the other specifics I'm not very picky either, and this is supposed to be a Quidditch World Cup match, right? So should we pick teams from differnt countries?

(Oh, and also, if we do an Angsty match I think the names The Fiery Four, or The Fierce Four would fit perfectly with the story.)

Third Year Slytherin
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    I think the rivalry idea is the best, and having it take place at the QWC would probably be the most appropriate. What are some countries that hate each other? (Haha!)

And as for team names, what about The Four Provinces (Ireland), The Four Seasons, or The Four Color Theorem?

- Jacie the Cat
    Goodbye, everyone.
    Thanks for the memories.

Lurid
    Hello all!

Sorry, just started year 11 at school. Ugh.

*is Aussie* Oh yeah Damn proud of it, too.

He turned to his team mate. Her face was a pasty white colour, and her shoulder length red hair was tied back uncharacteristically. He was so used to seeing it fly free as she searched for the Snitch, her gleaming white smile blinding the competitors as she bared her teeth in a fierce attempt to secure the little golden ball.

"Nervous, Mallet?"

“Of course not, Higgins. Of course not.”

“Worried about the new rules?”

She breathed slowly in and out. “It’s okay, really. It’s not like my hair’s really going to make that much of a difference, right?”
    Someone can write an intro before that. Boy meets girl. Boy recruits girl. Girl is wild, free player, has to subdue to the rules of the game and... erm, struggles to play with all the rules instead of just flying and grabbing a ball.

Character Development, dialogue & punctuation.

Seeker - Mallet
    Chasers - Unnamed Three
    Beaters - Unnamed Two
    Keeper - Unnamed. (Higgins can be any one of these. Is he captain? Is that why he recruited her?)

Also, are we shamlessly inserting? *rubs hands together in glee* My last name is wierd. It's not a sporting name, lol. It baffles announcers as it is, without having to say it at super speed.

I cna be reached via PM, and I'll give you my email. I'll beta, if need be!

Just Tink
    Ooh, I like Lurid's idea, especially as I'm better with that sort of writing than I am with angsty matches. Like... the team of Higgins had their seeker disqualified for beating another player with a bat in a fit of rage, or something. So Higgins finds Mallet, an old mate from school or something...

or how about this? Mallet is a centaur who can catch like nobody's business, and Higgins, needing to find a new player immediately, stumbles across her in the woods.... so he transfigures Mallet into a witch and hopes the QWC officials don't notice. But Mallet's terrified of heights, but she has this wierd thing for human wizards and doesn't want Higgins to know she's scared. So she goes up in the air, and she's looking for the snitch, and...

Okay, scratch that, it's complete rubbish. let's go back to the mate from school idea. Mallet has been secretly smitten with Higgins forever, and she jumps at the oppurtunity to play in the cup. Though she was never on a school quidditch team, she's played with her local team for forever. But what Higgins doesn't realize immediately is that Mallet plays rather dirty, so what's already a grudge match between two rival countries turns nasty very quickly... and then perhaps we can work in some wands being pulled out, Higgins rescuing Mallet from a curse, and eventually... they get together. I'm not great with endings. What do you guys think?

I think I'll write up an introduction to Lurid's post to give an example.

It was the match of the century. England versus Ireland, a grudge match to beat no other. Ever since the match of 1492, when an Irish beater cursed a bludger to fly at the English spectators, every match had been about blood.

No pressure, Mallet thought. The recently recruited British seeker knew the stakes. Perhaps that was why Higgins, team captain, had recruited her, a girl with no sense of rules and a thirst for revenge. The team was in the locker room, listening to the cheers of the crowd. Higgins turned to Mallet now, and her heart flipped.

Lurid
    It was the match of the century. England versus Ireland, a grudge match to beat no other. Ever since the match of 1492, when an Irish beater cursed a bludger to fly at the English spectators, every match had been about blood.

No pressure, Mallet thought. The recently recruited British seeker knew the stakes. Perhaps that was why Higgins, team captain, had recruited her, a girl with no sense of rules and a thirst for revenge. The team was in the locker room, listening to the cheers of the crowd. Higgins turned to Mallet now, and her heart flipped.

Her face was a pasty white colour, and her shoulder length red hair was tied back uncharacteristically. He was so used to seeing it fly free as she searched for the Snitch, her gleaming white smile blinding the competitors as she bared her teeth in a fierce attempt to secure the little golden ball.

"Nervous, Mallet?"

“Of course not, Higgins. Of course not.”

“Worried about the new rules?”

She breathed slowly in and out. “It’s okay, really. It’s not like my hair’s really going to make that much of a difference, right?”
    ^^ Is that right?

A roar of approval met the English team as they stepped foot on the pitch. The blood red robes Julia wore clashed horribly with her bold red hair, but made her seem all the more fearsome as her usually hidden face was open to the world rawly.

She grimaced, and Higgins placed a hand on her broom.

"Just do what you normally do."

Taking huge breaths in at a time, she faced the other players. "Go England," she said simply.

They nodded back, smiling encouragingly. Used to her abrupt, seemingly simply attitude, they were ready for the game.
    That's 98 words, by the way

So, Julia Mallet has been recruited from a harsher part of Britian. Let's have her face troubles with the restricted rules of the games, against Ireland. I'm sure there's some rules that woudl stop her retaliating to any foul play. Say they were punished for Blagging (holding onto her broom tail) she wouldn't be abel to turn ar0ound and slap them liek she usually would.

let's have something serious in the match change her heart, and she can let her hair and and fly freely like a great ball of flaming fire accross the pitch .

Just Tink
    I like what you have, but first we need to decide all four of us... although I must say I'm liking this a LOT. It's a really unique approach... most other teams will probably focus more on the game than the people, so we'll stand out. Which is always good. The only thing is, Steph, that I don't think you can do two sections in a row...
    But I do like what you're getting at with the plot, if we decide to do that. What do you two think?