Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Las Chicas Locas

bittersweet_lullaby
    YAY! It's long. Longer than I thought! Sorry I wasn't able to post for so long.

- TF

I zoomed toward the Bludger, trying to figure out what to do. Then, as though it had a mind of its own, my broom dropped several feet. The Bludger rocketed over my head and flew off after someone else.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Looking up, I saw three green blurs flying right at me. I gasped and realised I was still holding the Quaffle, and they were going to triple-team me to get it from me. I swerved up as hard as I could, flying over their heads, but one of them reached up and grabbed my ankle.

Third Year Gryffindor
    I'm a what?
    I tried to pull away, but he just grabbed even harder. I tried to yell for help, but all of my team didn’t seem to notice or care. He pulled me toward the ground, and didn’t seem to care that he was breaking all rules of the game. I didn’t know whether to give him Quaffle to make him stop.

I kept swerving back and forth in an attempt to get him off of me. At last, I could hear the sound of Madam Hooch’s whistle blowing. I felt the grip around my ankle subside and heard several raised voices.

GreyLady
    “What on earth were you thinking?” Madame Hooch screeched as she landed beside us. “You could have killed her!” Her voice was drowned out; the crowd was growing restless. The noise was now a deafening rumble.

But suddenly, I felt like I had been cobbed again. The Slytherin Seeker was racing toward us, a glint of gold visible in his fist. The Snitch.

He must have caught it just before the whistle. I looked wildly around in disbelief until something caught my eye: Charlie was approaching us, his face inscrutable. It hardly seemed possible, but my heart sank even lower.
    Okay, so they've been successfully flattened. Now we just have some post-game wrap-up. I'm pretty sure we could finish this in the next set of drabbles; there doesn't seem to be much more to write that actually pertains to the Quidditch game. And just in time for the due date, too. When we're done we could do some editing sort of stuff, see if we can make it better without changing what actually happens. (Or messing with the word count.)

GinnyPotter
    As the rest of the team came down to the ground, Charlie came flying after us. I thought he would explode when he saw us. His face was beet red, and his hair was almost standing on end. But instead, he looked at us sadly, and called us into the Captains office. I could tell he liked the Cannons after I saw the posters. We were looking around the office when we heard Charlie say, "I can't believe we lost."

I can’t believe we lost too, and to Slytherin. If only I….

“It’s her fault!” someone said, pointing at me.
    Yay! I can't wait till it is finished.

~*~Gin~*~

bittersweet_lullaby
    Charlie looked at me. "Is that true?" he asked. It was all I could do to stop from slinking out of the room to drown myself.

"Yes, it's true," I mumbled, hanging my head. "I'm sorry, Charlie."

"What happened out there?" he asked quietly. Everyone was silent, waiting for me to explain.

I took a deep breath and began to explain what happened, still gazing determinedly at the floor. No one said a word while I spoke, but I could feel the tension in the room and I knew they wanted nothing more than to strangle me on the spot.
    Maybe I should stop putting my additions in quotes... *sings* Spam, spam, spam, spam...

- TF

Third Year Gryffindor
    I'm a what?
    Charlie watched me with careful eyes as I spoke, while the rest of the team seemed ready to start shooting hexes at me anytime. Charlie seemed to be surprised and disappointed. I was afraid of his reaction to it; I just hoped that the team wouldn’t hate me forever.

Charlie at last began to speak again. “It was an honest mistake. Anyone could have ducked out of pure instinct,” he said doubtfully.

“But she cares more about herself than the welfare of the team,” said one of the Beaters. “She doesn’t deserve to be on the team. Kick her off.”

GreyLady
    “She was a bloody hypocrite in the locker room, telling us how we were being selfish. Were we supposed pretend everything was fine?”

“I’m sorry I’m a coward, but we could have won the game! Charlie came back. We could’ve won.” Tears filled my eyes, but Charlie wore a kind look.

“Look,” he said. “I won’t pretend this isn’t a hard blow. But from what I’ve heard, you made up for it. When the rest of the team gave up, you pushed them and yourself.”

“Thanks for looking out for me,” he said with a wink, and I was happy.
    She's a girl of simple needs...*grins* So...we're done?

GinnyPotter
    I think we are. I can't really add anything else, and it sounds like a title. Are we going to publish it yet? And if we are, who's going to publish it?

GreyLady
    If you want to, go ahead. I don't really feel like it, to tell you the truth.

Goodbye, Team 6!

GinnyPotter
    Okay, I posted it if thats all right, because Ren said I could. Goodbye, team 6, and come read the story. It is in the General Section.