Thread: Parseltongue Leaves With Horcrux?

Hybrid View

iamlordvoldemort

Parseltongue Leaves With Horcrux?

I am under the impression that Harry is a Parseltongue because of the voldy-horcrux attached to him. (urg I don't retain information well just ask my history teacher) Anyways, do you think that ability would go away when the Horcrux is *killed* and leaves Harry's body?

Any input would be totally awesome andyourhavetobemyslaveforawholedaystartingnow!

~Anna~

Roonil_Wazlib125
    Hmm...this is an interesting topic, Anna.

Parseltongue ability connected to Horcrux?- Dumbledore did, I believe, tell Harry he aquired a few of Voldemort's talented because of the Horcrux. So I suppose it's safe to say that the ability is connected to Voldy's soul. Although I guess you might want to check HBP just in case...

Parseltongue ability leaving with Horcrux?- It's possible. Though from what we see in DH, you don't actually need to be fluent in Parseltongue to speak it (Ron with the Chamber). But I digress. Harry wouldn't really need to use Parseltongue after the war, so it could've done a few things--a) what you suggested; b) the ability was forever with him, he just never used it; or c) it eventually faded from lack of use. I think your idea is the most plausible, though, because I would think the other Horcrux-induced abilities went away as well. I don't think Harry could've seen into Voldy's mind through dreams or just those random spurts after he was "killed". (Yes, yes, Voldy died too, but I'm just saying that Harry could've had some random I'll-take-a-trip-down-Voldy's-memory-lane-now thing after he had woken up from his conversation with Dumbledore.) ANYWAY, I think your idea could be true and I'm babbling senselessly now.

Roonil_Wazlib125 aka Annmarie (is going to leave before she embarasses herself more) poooff

TheCursedQuill
    I'm almost postitive JK said in an interveiw that Harry was no longer a Parseltongue after Voldy's death and he didn't miss that one bit.

Please see Kara's more helpful post below!

Thanks Kara for finding that!

-Sarah

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

In the Bloomsbury Live Chat July 30, 2007:

Nigel: Can harry speak parseltongue when he is no longer a horcrux?
    J.K. Rowling: No, he loses the ability, and is very glad to do so.
    Hope that helps
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    That's right. You see, Harry had no real innate ability to talk to snakes. The only reason he was able to do it was because that piece of Voldemort's soul was in his body. And once that was gone, so was his ability to talk to snakes. Every ability Harry had that might have associated him with the Dark Lord left him when the Horcrux inside him was destroyed.

In fact, a lot of people think that is the only reason the Sorting Hat wanted to place him in Slytherin.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    In fact, a lot of people think that is the only reason the Sorting Hat wanted to place him in Slytherin.
    Rowling pretty much said that was the case. Which I rank as one of the top five Worst and Dumbest Things Rowling Has Ever Said.