Thread: Did Ginny Witness Sirius' Death?

Hybrid View

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower

Did Ginny Witness Sirius' Death?

I know she was at the Ministry, but without my copy of the book where I am currently living, I can't be sure exactly where Ginny was positioned when Sirius fell through the veil.

I am trying to establish if, by the beginning of her sixth-year (so, basically DH) whether or not she would have been able to see the Thestrals. My own thought is yes, but even though it is not wildly important to my story, I want to be sure, as I am sure there will be someone who would pick up on it, were I to get it wrong! I don't there are any other deaths she would have witnessed before that time - I assume Dumbledore was the only death at the end of HBP and she definitely didn't see that, nor did she witness the Seven Potters chase.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    I think it was only Neville and Harry who entered the Veil Room. I recall them getting separated and reunited several times, but I'm pretty sure they were split up a the very end.

But don't take my word for it. My memory of the fight scene is hazy, and undoubtedly influenced at least a little bit by the movie's interpretation of it.

Tim the Enchanter

Inverarity
    Nope, Ginny was unconscious in another room; she'd been pinned with a broken ankle and then knocked out by a Stunning Spell. The Death Eaters then chased Harry into the room with the Veil.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Oh drat! Ah well - thanks to you both - at least I won't make any hideous canon mistakes now!

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.