Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah — Available

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Hiya, Sarah. Your signature says that you're on a permanent hiatus, but are you still beta'ing? MorganRay seems to have disappeared off the face of the beta boards, so I was wondering if you could do this oneshot for me.

Username: Your name on MNFF (and on the Beta Forums if they're different) babewithbrains on the boards but xxbabewithbrainsxx on the archives
    Story: Story title, linked if you already have one published Trust In Me
    Genre: Is it a romance? A mystery? Dark/angst? (Etc.) Femmeslash or Next Generation
    Ships: This is short for "relationships." If there is a romantic pairing in the story, tell us who you've linked up. Dominique/OC and a bit of Scorose
    Rating and Warnings: Either 3rd-5th or 6th-7th, depending on what you think. Warnings are: Strong Profanity, Sexual Situations, Slash, Abuse, Suicide, Character Death, DH Spoilers

(That said, there are no actual sexual situations in the story. I just want to put it there in case I get any angry letters.)

Word Count: Remember that the minimum word count for chapters on MNFF is 800-1000 words! 7568 but it might be a bit higher/lower.
    One Shot or Chaptered: Oneshot.
    Expected Beta Time: How soon you wish to have a reply (1 day, 2 or 3 days, a week, etc) Whenever you want. I have two betas at the moment so youíll be third, if thatís all right.
    Permanent Y/N: If you're looking for a permanent beta (Yes or No) No, just for this story.
    Summary: Short summary of the story. Gabriella Zabini is a Slytherin. A Slytherin with a family life that is messy, in every sense of the word. When Gabriella meets Dominique Weasley through the new NEWT Mentoring Scheme, sparks instantly shoot between the two. Will they trust their instincts, or will they let peer and family pressure get in the way of their blossoming relationship?

Has this story/chapter been submitted and rejected before?: Not been submitted but I need at least three betas or it will be rejected, especially since this is completely out of my comfort zone. It's only because this is my first time writing femmeslash -- it's so completely outside my comfort zone that I need as many people looking at it as possible.

Pretty please, Sarah? I really hope you can do this.

~Soraya~

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Apologies, I forgot to say something in this thread. I'm sorry Minna and Soraya, and to anyone else, I am now unavailable (Soraya, I replied to your email )

Sarah x

Unavailable

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I have a bit more free time on my hands at the moment, and so have decided to dip my toe back into the beta pool. I will be available for one chaptered fic and one one-shot at a time, but I will accept on a case by case basis. Please make sure you've read my opening post before you request from me

Sarah x

Available

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Ok, I really need a beta because I want this story done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name: forums= iMusic17\ stories: iLuna17
    Story: Ascendio http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/view...8533&warning=5
    Genre: Teddy Next Gen
    Ships: Teddy\OC and a hint of Teddy\Victoire
    Ratings/Warnings: 6-7th years- abuse, character death, dh spoilers, violence
    Word Count: (i finished it- so this is how long it is about- but including chapter titles and such) 15,544
    Chaptered: YES!
    Beta reply: whatever works for you
    Permanent: It would be nice, but if you do not want to, you do not have to.
    Summary: Teddy Lupin is a fifteen-year-old boy. He loves his attic bedroom at Godric's Hollow, but when new neighbors move in across the street, he knows there hiding something, or someone.

Lyric Anya Donnovan is the secret their hiding. Her story is much like Teddy's godfather's, but without the hero bit. Her parents are both dead, and lives with her aunt, uncle, and cousin, but they aren't family to her. Kept in a cold cellar for almost her entire life, she is finally able to explore the world outside her new cellar. But she has a secret, too, but it could be deadly.
    Submitted before: Yep, it is on mugglenet, but the last chapter took me 3 tries to get up because of small grammar issues.

Notes: I had a beta but she only did chapter 3, but I like what she did with my trainwreck of grammar. So 1,2,4,5,6,7, epilogue will need beta-ing. Thanks!
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    I would absolutely love a beta for my story 'Asleep in the Shadows.'

Username: Padfoot11333
    Story: Asleep in the Shadows http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=88409
    Genre: It's a Draco/Ginny romance
    Ships: Draco/Ginny, Harry/Hermione
    Rating and Warnings: Professors (Abuse, Character Death, DH Spoilers, Epilogue? What Epilogue?, Mild Profanity, Non-Consensual Sex, Sexual Situations, Substance Abuse, Violence) Don't be thrown off by this because none of it is explicit.
    Word Count: At the moment about 6500 but it is NOT completed
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    Expected Beta Time: As long as you _do_ reply, I have no preference.
    Permanent Y/N: For the story, yes.
    Summary: Draco Malfoy has a secret--one that he wishes nobody would discover...ever. He knows what will happen if it does, and although it would not be a bad thing, he does not want to face the consequences.

Ginny Weasley has a problem. If someone told her what would happen if she did something awful, she would have scoffed. But now that it has occured, she has shivers all down her body and cannot help but discover something.

Sibyl Trelawney has a plan. She knows perfectly well what is going on, and she knows the two that can stop it. They just may have been asleep in the shadows all along.

Has this story/chapter been submitted and rejected before?: The first four chapters are published but I'm having issues with the fifth one. It's been rejected twice.
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hiya, I'm sorry but I don't think I would be the best person to take this story on as I do not like Draco/Ginny pairings. Sorry and good luck with your story.

Sarah x

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    What about mine? I posted it yesterday after I saw you were available. . . or are you full again?
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Sorry, Music, I didn't see you'd posted! I'd be happy to take your fic on for you. I'll PM you with my email address in a moment.

Sarah x

Available

aurorahze
    Here's the story you agreed to beta for me. Thanks again!

User Name: Aurorahze
    Story: Underage: 5 Ways Ginny Weasley Secretly Helped to Defeat Voldemort; first chapter has been submitted but I'd be happy to go back and make further edits
    Genre: General, Drama, Angst
    Ships: mild H/G, though romance is not the major focus of this piece
    Rating and Warnings: DH spoilers, mild language
    Word Count: Total anticipated WC is 12000-18000, comprised of 5 one-shots between 1500 and 4000 words
    One Shot or Chaptered: Series of five related one-shots
    Expected Beta Time: I'm open to anything--a week or longer would be fine, shorter is great as well
    Permanent Y/N: Not necessarily, though I'd be happy to work with you again
    Summary: This is a mostly-written missing moments piece set during DH, with a focus on Ginny Weasley. It is canon-compliant and seeks to flesh out Ginny's character and role by imaging various ways that she could have aided HRH without their realizing it, either directly or through others. Though H/G is implied, this is primarily a character study and general fic rather than a romance story. The five one-shots will progress chronologically throughout the year, from the wedding to the final battle, and each cover a different event or action with Ginny being the common theme. I've submitted the first chapter (so feel free to take a look and determine whether you'd be interested) but I'm new at this and would love another opinion before submitting the rest. Any level of input would be appreciated.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Already accepted this via PM. Thanks for posting in my thread. Everyone else, I'm...

Available
    Last edited by Sapphire at Dawn; 11-06-2011 at 08:17 PM.