Thread: Susan Bones

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Susan Bones

I came to this section looking for a thread on Susan Bones, only to find that there surrently is none. So I suppose I will have to start one myself.

What career could you see Susan Bones having as an adult?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    A lot of her family members were wiped out by Death Eaters (I think somewhere it states that five of them were killed) and were important in the fight against Voldemort. Amelia Bones was a respected law enforcement official and I think that possibly there'd be an expectation on Susan to follow some sort of Ministry career.

We know so very little about her, but she obviously has a relationship with her Aunt because she knows about Harry's Patronus form. She was a member of the DA, she fought at the Battle, and was part of Georges tunnel guarding team (I think).

Careerwise, I'd suggest Ministry ... but not sure which department. As a Hufflepuff, she could either be a fairminded, loyal person, who works hard or a misfit who doesn't belong anywhere else.

Perhaps have her emulating her Aunt (who was a hero having fought off five Death Eaters), but maybe that's a cliche.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I think that having a career in the Ministry is plausible fo Susan, but I agree that emulating her Aunt would be a cliche. However, I think involving her in the round-up of Death Eaters, if that is still happening when she leaves school. She was a member of the DA, and fought in the battle, and she's had an Uncle, two Aunts and two cousins murdered by Voldemort, I think she would want to do something that would help, seeing how many relatives she's lost. It doesn't have to be something big, admin or paperwork I can see her doing, perhaps at the court hearings, with occasional voyages out, but I don't think she would be included among the major workers.

She tells Harry that she has a pretty good idea of what it's like to be the object of everyone's gossip during OoTP, and she's miserable when she says it. This could be down to the fact that she doesn't like everyone talking and staring at her, or it could be that it's dragging up memories of that time. I think that by using that, you could make it plausible that she would want to be involved in the prosecution of the Death Eaters, at whatever level.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    I agree with the other posters. I'd suggest that she joined the Auror Office in order to help round up any escaped Death Eaters, but that, once tha job was done she would transfer into the main Magical Law Enforcement Office, possibly as some form of law officer, possibly on the legal side. There's not much to go on, but I'd imagine that her achievements were due to hard work, rather than inate ability.

-N-

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    She could join the Auror Office, but I don't think she would be an Auror. To start with, she didn't take NEWT Potions, which is a requirement. McGonagall also said that they only take the elite, the best ones out of all of them, so not many people would get through, and I don't see Susan as one of those people.

Of course, the Ministry could set up a few new departments, such as the ones Scrimegour set up in HBP, and she could work in one of those. I reckon that the Auror Office would only employ Auror-minded people, and I don't see Susan as that type of person. If she had, I'm sure that something would have been included during the DA chapters about her abilities.

The idea that she joins the Auror Office is sort of cliched, I think.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I don't know. So many members of the D.A. became Aurors, and it is supposed be such a high position, I feel like it would almost be cliche to make Susan one as well. Some other Ministry position seems more plausible. Maybe even Magical Law Enforment right along side Hermione.

But the thought of her losing so many relatives to Dark forces got me think if the Ministry has some sort of victims' services office, a place that worked with the family members left behind after a love one is killed by Dark or otherwise magical means. It might even be one of the new offices created after all those reforms in the Ministry. I feel like this kind of work would be perfect for Susan.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Probably she wouldn't become an Auror, but she could be a Hit Wizard, for example like the light version of an Auror, similar to a Muggle police officer in her tasks. Do we ever see a subject she's particularly good at? Maybe she could also be something like an Obliviator...
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey