Thread: Polyjuice Question

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Polyjuice Question

I just had the oddest pondering about Polyjuice, and I wanted to gather some perspective from the other members of the MNFF coomunity.

If a person were to collect hair from someone who was pregnant and put it into a Polyjuice Potion, once transformed, would the transformed wizard take on the form of a pregnant woman as well? What do you guys think?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

No answer but a related question that came to my mind some days ago. If never mind the circumstances, I have no idea how it actually would happen *a man was turned into a woman using polyjuice potion and slept with a man (and got pregnant), kept drinking polyjuice potion regularly for the next few weeks *and then stopped, what would happen?
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    To Karaley Dargen's question, I don't really think so. Just because of the sheer number of potions that would be necessary to carry a person through for nine months. They wouldn't be able to go back to their male forms for even a moment, and remember how much effort it takes to make a Polyjuice Potion.

Also, remember that the effects only last for a few hours with what we have seen from the books. The person taking the potion would also never be able to get a full nights sleep. They would go insane and probably die before they were even a month in.

But back to my question, any imput?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Gryffindor

Ah but remember Moody. He lasted almost a whole school year, and I suppose he would have to take it at night in case a ghost popped in through the wall or there was an emergency and someone rushed into his room.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Molly's question - I don't think the person would actually carry a baby inside them, but they'd look pregnant. They're not taking PJ potion made with the baby's hair after all.

Kara - I have no idea ... scary thought, though. I can't get my head round it, but I'll try. I think as soon as there's the slightest change back into a man, then the baby could disappear. I think they could get pregnant, after all Hermione complained about Harry's eyesight and I presume both her and Fleur grew *coughmaleappendagescough* as well.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Seventh Year Gryffindor

I'm sure they'd definitely look pregnant I doubt they'd actually get pregnant, I mean imagine that, you could clone people like that take a hair of a woman who is just about to go into labour, and give the potion to a bunch of people *and you'd get tons of identical babies o__O

But since the pregnancy hormones go everywhere, I think it has to affect the outcome of the potion.

Maybe if you drink the potion and then get pregnant you get stuck *like Hermione when she took the animal hair. I wish I had Most Potent Potions... I'll never get the slip for the Restricted Section though *damn Madam Pince!