Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley - Part II

fizzingwizzbee
    Great. That was what I was looking for. I pretty much wrote the opposite in my fic and every word of it felt wrong.
    Will be changing that little section.
    Thanks very much

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

I think Ginny is a very distrusting person. She's often suspicious (and sometimes prejudiced) and doesn't seem to trust strangers a lot. So I'd say that she'd take the Lupin approach and think that Harry is being na´ve... although she'd have a hard time suspecting any of her friends and family. I think she would jump to Mundungus, no matter whether it makes sense or not. I often get the impression that she jumps to one opinion and then sticks with it.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Hello! I'm looking for information on Ginny's wand - so if anyone knows if there's canon info or even if you have guesses or hints, that would be wonderfully awesome Thanks so much!!

-Claire

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Quote Originally Posted by abovelevel
    Hello! I'm looking for information on Ginny's wand - so if anyone knows if there's canon info or even if you have guesses or hints, that would be wonderfully awesome Thanks so much!!

-Claire
    Well, you can probably say that Ginny's wand is fairly short because at the time when she bought it Ginny wasn't exactly tall. That's because usually, a wand's length is directly proportionate to the height of the wizard or witch. (Taken from HP Wiki by the way.) And, like James' was good at Transfiguration, Ginny's was probably good at hexes. You have pretty much free reign otherwise, with the wood and the core and the springiness, etc.

Hope that's helped.

~Soraya~

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    I don't think it's directly proportional to the height when the person bought it, otherwise everyone would have tiny wands ...I think that the wand length is sort of, not directly, proportional to a person's potential height, or perhaps their size in general.
    Although this isn't about Ginny, it's worth noting that Draco's wand is a good inch shorter than Harry's (it's 10 inches) yet by the end of the books he's taller than Harry. (At Malfoy Manor, Harry recognises someone a 'shade taller'.)

Perhaps it's more relevant to arm span.

Ginny was good at Charms and hexes which sounds quite Lily Evansish. Perhaps Ginny's is similar to Lily's wand.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    True, Sarah. The "directly proportional" thing was taken directly from HP Wiki, and it said there too that it's proportionate to the wizard/witch's height when they bought the wand, only because over the years, they grew taller and the wand was unable to grow with them. As Carole said, Draco's was shorter than Harry's, yet he's taller than Harry, and when-bought-from-the-shop thing only makes sense; it's not unlikely that Draco was shorter than Harry at eleven, just taller when they were both seventeen. It depends. Like I said, I think you have free reign with these little things. Only if it's a bigger part of the plot would it really matter, and it's such an insignificant part of HP it's not even mentioned so I don't think it's important too much.

Hope we've all helped.

~Soraya~

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I don't think it's directly proportional to the height when the person bought it, otherwise everyone would have tiny wands. Aged eleven, girls are generally taller than boys, and several boys I went to school with who were shorter than me are now over six foot. You'd have a load of people who were pushing 6'3'' or so with tiny seven inch wand. I think that the wand length is sort of, not directly, proportional to a person's potential height, or perhaps their size in general.

I don't know if Ginny's height is ever mentioned, but I'd say she'd have a wand no longer than eleven inches or so. Harry's is eleven and a quarter (I think), so she's probably smaller than him.

Editing because this doesn't really warrant a reply on it's own: I didn't remember that scene with Draco. Interesting. Perhaps length isn't important as the other elements. Maybe the twin cores was more important than the length of it and that's why his is longer than Dracos, yet he's shorter? Or the other way around.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

BeautifulDisasterX

Ginny and Tom Riddles Diary

When Lucius Malfoy slipped Tom Riddles Diary into Ginny Weasleys cauldron in Diagon Alley, does anyone know what book he slipped it into, y'know in the film he picks up one of her books? What book is it?

BeautifulDisasterX

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautifuldisaster
    When Lucius Malfoy slipped Tom Riddles Diary into Ginny Weasleys cauldron in Diagon Alley, does anyone know what book he slipped it into, y'know in the film he picks up one of her books? What book is it?
    He picks up
    'a very old, very battered copy of A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration.'
    From COS, At Flourish and Blotts.

Then he insults Arthur, they fight and after that he hands the Transfiguration book back to Ginny.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I know that Ginny becomes a professional Quidditch player with the Holyhead Harpies, but has JK ever said what position she played?

She played both Seeker and Chaser during her time at Hogwarts, and I'm not sure which would be more plausible for her to be playing as a professional.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ