Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley - Part II

quill and ink
    Is there anything in canon that tells about how she reacts in a grief filled situation, such as having someone close to her die?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    The only times we see Ginny in a 'grief filled situation' are when Fred dies and at Dumbledore's funeral.

Fred - Her face is described as swollen and blotchy when Hermione approaches to hug her. Later, after Voldemort is dead, she has her head on her mother's shoulder. That seems to suggest they're supporting each other.

When Dumbledore dies, she holds it together and is very supportive of Harry, but cries during the funeral when Fawkes begins to sing. She stops crying before Hermione though, and Harry notes that the best thing about her is that she doesn't weep.

Hope this helps

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    You could also use the scene in OoTP when everyone's waiting for news on Mr Weasley after he's been attacked by the snake. It's not exactly grief, but it's an emotion akin to.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Do you think even as adults, Ginny and the others would still address Draco as 'Malfoy', or would they have moved on to calling him something else?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Not quite sure this belongs in the Ginny Weasley thread, but here's my thoughts.

They'd refer to him as Malfoy.

The nicknames you have as a kid or teen tend to stick with you throughout your life when you're addressed by that peer group. Hence to my school mates I'm still 'Pig' (long story)

Arthur calls Lucius, Malfoy, and Lucius calls Arthur 'Weasley'.

Unless Harry and Draco became friends or perhaps better acquaintances they wouldn't call each other by first names. Draco didn't even call his friends and fellow Slyths by their first names. (see HBP).

Unless you're writing a fic where Ginny falls violently in love with him I can't see any reason why she'd begin to call him Draco. She had less to do with him that the others.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

hpheart
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I can't find the other thread.

How do you think Ginny would have reacted when she first found out Fred had died? Would she have immedaiatly started crying, or only started after a minute or two? I know when Harry goes into the Hall, her face is red and blotchy, but we don't know how long she's known he's dead, do we?

Bwthan

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    To be honest, I think that you could have it either way. Her face is red and blotchy, so she has been crying, but, as you say, we don't know how long she's know. I think you've got a free rein. Harry does say she doesn't cry much, but really, when a family member dies in the heat of battle, hardy personalities go out of the window a little.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

hpheart
    Thanks Sarah, I was hoping that would be the idea.

Bethan

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Doesn't Expel Brilliant Seekers
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzingwizzbee
    I have a question regarding Ginny. When Moody dies at the beginning of DH and Harry is talking to Lupin about trusting friends how do we think Ginny would react?

Would she also believe that nobody would betray Harry or would she take a more Lupinish approach and think Harry is being naive?
    Well, Fleur was the one who sort of suspected Hagrid. Now, if you look at Ginny's opinion of Hagrid, I reckon she would've stuck up for him, and she doesn't dislike Mundungus either. It all comes down to her attitude towards members of the Order, the ones in on the Seven Potters plan. And Ginny doesn't particularly hold a grudge against anyone if you ask me so I reckon that she would agree with Harry. But I think that she wouldn't have just said, straight up, "No one would betray Harry". I think she would have to think about it, rule out possibilities, sort of dither around a bit and finally decide that Harry was right. No way would she be as certain as Harry because she wasn't the one being protected.

Hope this helps. This is all just what I think, by the way. It's what the Ginny in my head is saying to me...

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

fizzingwizzbee
    I have a question regarding Ginny. When Moody dies at the beginning of DH and Harry is talking to Lupin about trusting friends how do we think Ginny would react?

Would she also believe that nobody would betray Harry or would she take a more Lupinish approach and think Harry is being naive?