Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66

Thread: Ginny Weasley - Part II

  1. #31
    Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Liandrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    171
    Originally posted by Neil:
    Post Hogwarts? I disagree here, too. Id say post DH (including the epilogue), because Harry would have to be dead, first.
    I wrote a story that took place just after DH, where Ginny becomes Draco's jailer (Shades of Grey). It's a very angsty story where Ginny despises Draco and does quite mean things to him. Draco reforms, in a sense, through his seclusion/internment. He ends up turning down an ugly path where he and Ginny sort of connect, sharing a similar 'pain' (or at least Ginny is finally able to empathise). They slowly become friends (if not out of sheer boredom and isolation), and then this friendship develops. They never get physical though. Even Harry is in the story (although outside of the 'prison') and still manages to keep IC (according to me anyway). ^_~

    /self-promotion

    Originally posted by Neil:
    But then I dont like Draco, (mainly because hes a very unpleasant person) so that may be colouring my judgement.
    No worries, I dislike canon Draco as well. I do like Post-Hogwarts fanon Draco, where he reforms. But then, most women idealise the reformed rake.*

    I feel bad for somehow changing the direction of the OP's OT. So, to reiterate what I said earlier, I don't see Ginny dating anyone during DH.

    *Most, not all.

  2. #32
    quill and ink
    Guest
    I would have to agree with all of you. I don't think that she would date anyone. Here's another question. would Ginny try to kill anyone, such as teachers, Slytherines, etc, if they tried to harm her or her friends; or would she just try to get revenge?

  3. #33
    Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Equinox Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    using rare and complicated words
    Posts
    2,946
    Here's another question. would Ginny try to kill anyone, such as teachers, Slytherines, etc, if they tried to harm her or her friends; or would she just try to get revenge?
    I can't see her cold-bloodedly trying to kill someone, but if it was the heat of the moment then yes, she could probably kill someone.

    I can see her plotting revenge but not murder.

    The exception would be if she were older and possibly her children had been murdered by ... um ... lets say Goyle. Then I can see her wanting to kill him.

    ~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

    Banner by minnabird

  4. #34
    Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Northumbrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    261
    I see Ginny as very much like Molly.

    She would not cold bloodedly kill and she would not set out to deliberately kill. She certainly would not use the Avada Kedavra, but in self defence or to help a friend she could end up killing someone.

    I'm not even certain that Molly intended to kill Bellatrix. I don't think that she used the AK, simply a powerful stunning spell to the hesart. But that's just an opinion.

    Harry tried to disarm Voldemort, even at the very end he did not try to kill them. JKR made all of her heroes unwilling to kill and given Ginny's position in canon as heroes girl I think that it's very unlikely that she'd be prepared to attack to kill, or even defend herself by killing an opponent.

    N

    First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

  5. #35
    Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Weasley Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    I can't see her cold-bloodedly trying to kill someone, but if it was the heat of the moment then yes, she could probably kill someone.

    I can see her plotting revenge but not murder.

    I agree. And even in the heat of the moment, if the weapon is a wand (which I assume it would be), she would still have to possess the intent to kill. She'd have to intentionally utter that curse, which I can't see her doing. I suppose she could use a different curse, and the person could fall and hit his head or fall down a stairwell or something... and it might be an accident.
    Avatar by Annalise
    Lovely banner by Nadia

  6. #36
    zazzy7
    Guest

    Ginny

    I believe Ginny would only kill when someone like Lucius Malfoy, for example, cursed or killed a family member or close friend. Let's say Ginny and Hermione were both duelling Lucius to the death. Ginny would definitely kill him before he got a chance to harm either herself or Hermione. In this case, Ginny would not kill to kill, but for defense and possibly revenge, as she is a vengeful person.

    I personally, would kill to protect the ones I love. I know Ginny would do the same.

  7. #37
    Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Weasley Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by zazzy7
    I believe Ginny would only kill when someone like Lucius Malfoy, for example, cursed or killed a family member or close friend. Let's say Ginny and Hermione were both duelling Lucius to the death. Ginny would definitely kill him before he got a chance to harm either herself or Hermione. In this case, Ginny would not kill to kill, but for defense and possibly revenge, as she is a vengeful person.

    Hmm. But Ginny has been in this situation, and we have no reason to believe she was using a killing curse. She, Hermione and Luna (if my memory is correct) were battling Bella in the Great Hall... we know Bella was firing the killing curse, but I never assumed the other three were. Even Harry did not use that curse against Voldemort. I think Rowling went out of her way to show that the students (on the good side anyway) never used those curses, even when battling Death Eaters. I'm not saying Ginny is incapable of killing, but I'm not sure there is canonical evidence for her using unforgivables in a duel.

    I also think it's interesting that you describe Ginny as a vengeful person. This may very well be true... I just wondered what incidents from the books leads you to that conclusion. Ginny fascinates me and I find her nearly impossible to write, so I would love to understand her a bit more.
    Avatar by Annalise
    Lovely banner by Nadia

  8. #38
    Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Maple_and_PheonixFeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Behind my piano
    Posts
    701
    I couldn't see Ginny being able to kill anyone. I'm not saying she isn't powerful enough or anything, but she appears to be just too good natured and loving to have enough hate in her in order to actually kill someone. I think we can see that she would duel to defend but not to hurt as seen through her favourite curse, the Bat Bogey Hex. This hex doesn't actually hurt, it's just annoying. I think Ginny would more likely send a good stunner at someone instead of actually killing them.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

  9. #39
    lilyevansfan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    I couldn't see Ginny being able to kill anyone. I'm not saying she isn't powerful enough or anything, but she appears to be just too good natured and loving to have enough hate in her in order to actually kill someone. I think we can see that she would duel to defend but not to hurt as seen through her favourite curse, the Bat Bogey Hex. This hex doesn't actually hurt, it's just annoying. I think Ginny would more likely send a good stunner at someone instead of actually killing them.
    But would she kill someone for someone she loves, like Harry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian
    I see Ginny as very much like Molly.

    She would not cold bloodedly kill and she would not set out to deliberately kill. She certainly would not use the Avada Kedavra, but in self defence or to help a friend she could end up killing someone.
    I agree with you. Ginny is too good-natured to actually use the AK, but she would end up killing in self-defence.

  10. #40
    Analyn Grint
    Guest
    I do not see Ginny using any of the Unforgivable Curses for any reason. She was raised to believe they were called Unforgivable for a reason. I can see her using any other spell to her disposal to protect her family and friends - a stunning spell, leg locker, anything to defend. There are even the spells that cause things to explode, so she could use one of those to drop a bit of ceiling on someone's head or something. So, do I think she is capable of killing someone - without a doubt. I just don't see her using an Unforgivable Curse to do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •