Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley - Part II

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I'm not sure how dating other people would spite Harry since he's... not around to see it. Revenge isn't quite as fun if the other person has no idea about it.

I would also think that Ginny has much bigger worries with the Death Eater take over the school. Who has time to date when you're trying to help organize student resistance?
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by AidaLuthien
    I'm not sure how dating other people would spite Harry since he's... not around to see it. Revenge isn't quite as fun if the other person has no idea about it.

I would also think that Ginny has much bigger worries with the Death Eater take over the school. Who has time to date when you're trying to help organize student resistance?
    This is very true, though my first thought would be that Ginny would have no reason to spite Harry. Sure, she's probably very annoyed that he has decided to run off and fight Voldemort with just Ron and Hermione to help him, but it doesn't make sense to me why she would want to date some random guy to piss in his cornflakes. Especially if he has no way of knowing about it. Yes, Ginny is rebellious, but the DA rebellion at Hogwarts was supporting Harry; so, why should she undermine that cause by 'spiting' him in any fashion - let alone doing it by dating someone?

If that's the entire premise of the story, you may want to consider something else. Ginny is a fiercely loyal person, and revenge dating just doesn't ring true to me in any way.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

ahattab33
    Originally posted by Jess:
    If that's the entire premise of the story, you may want to consider something else. Ginny is a fiercely loyal person, and revenge dating just doesn't ring true to me in any way.
    In addition, I was always under the impression that she understood why Harry was doing what he was doing, and that she was doing the same thing he was during DH - fighting and doing what they had to do, and hoping that one day when things were normal they could see where they had left off. Otherwise, why else would she have kissed him like that on his birthday? I always saw that kiss as her way of saying, "Don't forget about me, I'll be waiting for you."

Or maybe that's just my overly-optimism at that pairing, lol.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Quote Originally Posted by quill and ink
    im starting a fan fiction about Ginny's time at hogwarts during DH time. this is a few months after Harry broke up with her so i was wondering how she would act. so far, i have that she puts up a facade of being fine but that she is really hurting inside. i also wanted to know if she might start to date at the beginning of the year just to spite Harry.
    I don't think she'd date to spite Harry, and I don't know if she'd find the time to date someone else. However, if properly executed, you could always write Ginny having a secret one-time trist with someone (of course, I'd nominate Draco Malfoy). ^_~ It could be one of those angry shags I hear so much about. Or it could be a simple kiss. And then have both of them go, "WTF!"

No, I don't have a hidden D/G agenda going on... u_u

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    im starting a fan fiction about Ginny's time at hogwarts during DH time. this is a few months after Harry broke up with her so i was wondering how she would act. so far, i have that she puts up a facade of being fine but that she is really hurting inside. i also wanted to know if she might start to date at the beginning of the year just to spite Harry.
    As Ahattab33 said, remember the events in the early apart of Deathly Hallows.

When Harry gets to The Burrow and discovers that most of "the Seven Potters" haven't arrived Ginny is there for him. She's at his side constantly and holding his hand most of the time.

Then there’s the birthday kiss. Harry took that as a sign of hope for him and I’d be astonished if Ginny didn’t, too.

Remember, too that Ginny is fifteen when she gives Harry that kiss. She doesn’t turn sixteen until a couple of weeks after the three go on the run. She is not stupid, she has the trace on her, and will have for a year (she still has the trace during the battle). She will know that had she gone with them then they’d have been spotted the first time she cast a spell.

I suspect that she’d be angry and frustrated rather than hurting (though possibly I think of Ginny as being stronger and more forceful than other people do).

Dating, however, is an interesting idea. Though not seriously, I just don’t think that’s in her nature. However as a ruse, “Me, the chosen one’s girlfriend? Never,” I could see her pretending. She could cook up a scheme with Neville to pretend to be his girl. She’d certainly never go with someone she didn’t trust (so that rules out Slytherin House) especially that cowardly, arrogant creep Malfoy. Besides, had she gone with Draco the epilogue couldn't happen. Any of the DA boys would do, though.

N

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    De-gnoming the Garden
    Remember that Ginny has been crazy about Harry since she was eleven years old. It's one thing for her to date other boys when she had no reason to think Harry had any interest in her other than as Ron's little sister. But now that she does know he cares for her (end of HBP, beginning of DH)... I think she would wait for him, not try to amuse herself with other boys while Harry is out risking his life.

I do think she would be hurting though, missing him and the others and very worried if she let herself think about it.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Well, I think Ginny would be pretty frustrated and upset. Not mopey or crying or all that, just angry. She'd be quite snappy at people, but when confronted, she'd say that she doesn't care about her breaking up at all. She'd try to put on that damn-care attitude for others, and even though she'd try to fool her friends as well, they'd see through it. Especially Neville and Luna. With them, she might be quite normal.

And she'd try to involve herself in other activities, like the rebel that she and the other DA members were doing. She'd be a very dedicated member and the one leading the things, but she'd do it mainly to keep her mind off Harry. The rebel would be her distraction, so she'd put her heart and soul in it.

As for dating, I don't think so. She might just tell people that she's not interested in dating anymore, and she had had enough with Harry. That would be just to keep others from asking her out. And even if she did, she'd never be serious, because we all know that she loves Harry very much.

Hope I helped!

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesome banner by Bella/clabbert2101!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I think Ginny would return to Hogwarts determined to disrupt Voldemort in any way she can. That will be her motivation and I bet she's as angry as hell when her family won't let her return after Easter.

Regarding dating, I doubt that very much, but I do think there's leeway for her to get close to someone - wartime romance type thing - It could be something that happens only once and she regrets, but it's still possible.

I don't think you should go down the Draco route. I can't see a year seven romance with him being plausible. (Sorry, Drinny fans) The only time Draco would possibly let his guard down would be after the Easter holiday when The Trio were at Malfoy Manor. Unfortunately Ginny doesn't go back to H/W after Easter. If it were after Hogwarts you have possibilities, but I still struggle to put Ginny with Draco not if Harry is in the picture.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Originally posted by Carole:
    If it were after Hogwarts you have possibilities, but I still struggle to put Ginny with Draco not if Harry is in the picture.
    This is true. Post Hogwarts or pre-DH, a Draco/Ginny ship could be possible. And that's why I said 'if properly executed', like if it were a spell or something that made them do this one time thing. Or it could even be a situation where Ginny approaches Draco to get revenge. Could I ever see the two getting together during DH? No. Not unless something was built-up beforehand and labelled AU (as in a certain course of events had led to a different reality).

Incidentally, I don't think the OP was talking about Draco at all. Just me. Lol.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Pre-DH would be when Ginny is 15 (or younger) we know who Ginnyís boyfriends were duting OotP and HPB and we know how much Harry was obsessing about Ginny from the day they boarded the train for Harryís sixth year. If you want to follow canon then, in my opinion Draco isnít a possibility at Hogwarts.

Post Hogwarts? I disagree here, too. Iíd say post DH (including the epilogue), because Harry would have to be dead, first. JKR carefully shows us how stable and happy harry and Ginny are nineteen years later, right down to the polite but very formal acknowledgement of The Malfoy family.

But then I donít like Draco, (mainly because heís a very unpleasant person) so that may be colouring my judgement.

N

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers