Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley - Part II

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    I agree with most of the other posters, Ginny is judgemental, and probably rather possessive too. Even during the battle she's unwilling to let the (obviously capable) Cho take Harry to the Ravenclaw common room. I can certainly see Ginny making digs about Cho, more than Harry would about Michael or Dean.

I've always assumed that she's good looking, because it's other people, not Harry, who say that she is, but she's not prefect material, and she's probably proud of that fact. She's less likely to ignore general insults than Harry. (The Smith incident, which Harry was prepared to ignore, she wasn't).

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

twilight_maiden
    What kind of mother would Ginny be like? For my fic, the main character is a kid of Harry and Ginny's. I personally think that Ginny would be an awful mother, seeing as she's used to being spoiled, babied, and admired. She's never shown as actually being caring. Ginny is very seductive and manipulative as well, and highly controlling. Plus, her temper is not something any child would want to provoke. But that's just my opinion, so I'd really like to hear other people's views on this.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    But also keep in mind that Ginny has a lot of good role models in terms of how to be a good mother. She not only has her own mother, but she also has Fleur, Angelina, and Hermione. I feel like with all these people would have all given Ginny alot of good advice on how to be a good nature.

Besides, even if Ginny was spoiled by her family, I just don't think it's in her nature to be selfish in terms of relations with her own children.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight_maiden
    What kind of mother would Ginny be like? For my fic, the main character is a kid of Harry and Ginny's. I personally think that Ginny would be an awful mother, seeing as she's used to being spoiled, babied, and admired. She's never shown as actually being caring. Ginny is very seductive and manipulative as well, and highly controlling. Plus, her temper is not something any child would want to provoke. But that's just my opinion, so I'd really like to hear other people's views on this.
    She’s never shown as actually being caring?
    Throughout Order of the Pheonix Ginny is shown to be caring and compassionate. She’s even prepared to help Harry make up with Cho. Though I’ve no doubt that she was pleased when she discovered that wasn’t what he wanted.
    She’s a friend of the otherwise friendless. She isn’t afraid to hang around with Luna.
    In Deathly Hallows she’s shown caring for at least one injured combatant in the Hogwarts grounds. In the epilogue she is sensitive to her children’s moods, allowing Harry to reassure Albus.

She’s seductive, manipulative and highly controlling?
    I’m at a loss to know where this comes from. She had three boyfriends before she was sixteen and broke up with two of them.
    Seductive: she’s described as good-looking by a lot of blokes at school but they chase her, she doesn’t chase them. She doesn’t try to seduce Harry, in fact, from what little we see of them together, she seems to act like a friend, teasing and bantering.
    Manipulative: she hasn’t been shown to manipulate anyone, not even Dean, who, it seems to me, would have been an easy target.
    Highly Controlling: she was raised with Fred and George, she must knows how difficult it is to control anyone. I can’t think of any instance of controlling behaviour. I’d be interested to see you justify this.

Her temper?
    We’re told that she has one, but we rarely see it. She seems to flare up quickly and calm down equally rapidly. Is she really any more bad tempered that Hermione?

-N-

ps In Goblet of Fire she is asked to the Yule Ball by Neville (at the time, no ones idea of an ideal date). Thanks to Ron she's given the opportunity to ditch Neville and go with Harry. She does not. Hardly the actions of a spoiled, uncaring, manipulative, controling girl.

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    I agree with Northumbrian. Ginny is a very compationate person. And like the previous post before me says, I cannot think of any time that she isn't. Of course she has a temper. Do you know many people that don't? I, myself have a bad temper and most of my friends do to.

As for her not being a very good mother, I think the opposite. Ginny was always cared for by Molly, yes, but how does that make her not be able to look after children? She isn't spoiled. She has 6 brothers. How could Molly and Arthur afford to spoil their children? The only thing they spoil her with is love and compassion and that's a good thing. While at home, she does many chores around the house. She knows how to look after herself and, in fact, tried very hard to convince Harry of this.

In conclusion, Ginny would be a good mother. I, like Northumbrian, would like evidence on how she wouldn't be.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight maiden
    I personally think that Ginny would be an awful mother, seeing as she's used to being spoiled, babied, and admired.
    I agree with Northumbrian and Anneliese but wanted to add that Ginny is never seen as being spoiled or babied. She's the youngest and a much-longed for girl, but Molly never shows any preference with her children. If she was babied she would have been really precious and wouldn't have been breaking into the broom cupboard at the age of six to fly on her brothers' brooms, she wouldn't have splattered Percy with parsnip, and she wouldn't have been such a fearsome Quidditch player.

As to what sort of mother she is. I think she'd be a very good, no-nonsense type of mother. She would be a bit over-whelmed at first because that's what having a baby does to you, but i think she'd settle into it very easily without becoming soppy and overly indulgent. She would hate her hormones being all over the place, but she'd cope.

I think she'd be better, for instance, than Hermione who tends to think the answers are all in a book.

If you look at her in the Epilogue you'll see that she's understanding of all her children. She's aware of Albus' fears but leaves it to Harry becase he's the best person. She also deals with James' insensitivity and a rather whiny Lily with aplomb and without losing her cool.

Regarding her temper - well Molly isn't exactly a calm person either - are you saying she's a dreadful mother? I seriously doubt that Ginny would hex her children for instance, I do think Harry would be the calmer parent, but just because a mother loses her rag occasionally (or evey day depending on how annoying the little blighters are being ) it doesn't make her an awful mother.

I think you have to rethink your interpretation of Ginny. She's not a saint, but she's not Bellatrix either.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    You are exactly right Carole. Even though this part of the discussion was ages ago, I want to add to the part about Ginny being a Mary-Sue.

Okay, so we know that Ginny has good points and bad points. Everyone has good points and bad points and I don't think JK would let one of characters act like a Mary-Sue. I can imagine her making every single one of her characters living and breathing people, and that is how I imagine them.

About Ginny not being particularly beautiful and also, Harry never saying that she is beautiful. I beg to differ. I imagine Ginny as a quite attractive girl, as a lot of the boys in years around her are interested in her (but also because she is very loving and funny). I think that Harry would have most certainly thought Ginny was beautiful and would have told her so. Harry would think that she is the most beautiful person in the world, inside and out and it would be hard to convince him otherwise. He would tell her that she was beautiful and how much he loved her.

My favourite ship is Harry/Ginny so you can imagine I feel very strongly about the subject. I think that Harry and Ginny are a perfect couple and meant to be together. I read a fic (which I am sorry to say that I forget the name of) where, at the end, it was Lily and James (in heaven or what-not) saying how they picked well, as in that from the day Ginny was born, they decided that she would be the one for him. It also included Ginny, at like 3 years old, walking around with a picture of Harry saying that she would marry him one day and how his parents approved of her. I thought it was very cool, and if possible, likely.

One of my favourite fics is one called 'Adventures In Courtship' which is really a very wonderful and heartfelt story. I think I have read it twice. It really shows how much they love each other, while also showing that either of them aren't perfect and get jealous (Ginny), have withdrawals (Harry) ect. ect.

Just wanted to have my say, again. haha.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Ginny played Quidditch with the Holyhead Harpies for some time after Hogwarts. But I think she quit when she started her own family. Could you imagine she would become a reporter on Quidditch and travel around to the various matches? What are your thoughts on this?
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by luinrina
    Ginny played Quidditch with the Holyhead Harpies for some time after Hogwarts. But I think she quit when she started her own family. Could you imagine she would become a reporter on Quidditch and travel around to the various matches? What are your thoughts on this?
    I was pretty sure that it was canon that she became a Quidditch correspondent after she retired from playing.

**scours Lexicon**

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter Lexicon
    Career: After Hogwarts, Ginny became a Quidditch star player for the Holyhead Harpies. Later, in addition to being a wife and mother, she was the Senior Quidditch reporter for the Daily Prophet (BLC).

In terms of the logistics, I think with the Floo and Apparition available to her, the actual games would not take away much from her life. Sports writers that I know only cover a certain team or a certain number of games/matches. They don't do them all, and I'm sure, with its resources, the Prophet would have more than one correspondent for the largest wizarding game in the world.

I'd think she'd cover two to three matches a week, and that would be more than adequate. What would take the most time, I'd think, would be the writing of the articles themselves.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

quill and ink
    im starting a fan fiction about Ginny's time at hogwarts during DH time. this is a few months after Harry broke up with her so i was wondering how she would act. so far, i have that she puts up a facade of being fine but that she is really hurting inside. i also wanted to know if she might start to date at the beginning of the year just to spite Harry.