Thread: Delphi - Cursed Child Spoilers

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

Delphi - Cursed Child Spoilers

Surprised no one made a thread for her yet.
    Anyway I don't find her existence that unlikely. I know many people don't but personally I can see Voldemort wanting to restore the Slytherin blood-line and also having a loyal servant.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I can see her conception as a 'reward' for Bellatrix, but the timing seems strange. Bellatrix should have been pregnant or shortly after giving birth at Malfoy Manor.

If you can I'd recommend removing her surname as it may spoil Cursed Child for people who haven't read it yet.

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

It won't let me change the title.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Savoring Fortescue's Finest Ice Cream
    Personally, I do find it highly unlikely that Voldemort would father a child. Mainly because he has no regard for anyone other than himself, and I have a feeling he would probably support killing his own child, seeing it as a threat to his power rather than someone to carry on his legacy. Remember, he thought he was going to live forever.
    Also, any child of his would have to be born before Harry Potter came along. After Harry, Voldemort was of no substance, less than the meanest ghost. He did get his body back in the fourth book, after a good 13 years of not having a body, but would he really hop into bed with Bellatrix after all that? And what if his rebirth made it impossible for him to have a kid?
    Besides, after what Voldemort went through with the orphanage, killing his own father, and splitting his soul so many times, chances are a baby is nowhere in the grand scheme of things. He wouldn't have time to raise a child, nor would Bellatrix. And I don't see Voldemort throwing any child of his into an orphanage, not if it had the potential to be magical. But he also wouldn't be a fatherly type, one to care of a child, so really, chances are, if Voldemort was somehow magically able to produce a baby (and JKR said the love potion under which he was conceived makes that impossible), I highly doubt he would keep the baby--or even have the decency to let it to go into another home. Straight up, Delphi should not exist at all, unless some girl somehow figured out a way to outsmart Voldemort and have his baby without his knowledge of it.

Lovely banner by Padfoot11333

First Year In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    Did we ever get confirmation that Bellatrix was Delphi's mother? And personally I had an issue with how Harry's character was portrayed. Why would Delphi be so loyal to Voldemort when she hadn't even met him and had grown up with stories of how horrible he was....

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAsSaneAsYouAre View Post
    Did we ever get confirmation that Bellatrix was Delphi's mother? And personally I had an issue with how Harry's character was portrayed. Why would Delphi be so loyal to Voldemort when she hadn't even met him and had grown up with stories of how horrible he was....
    Delphi tells Harry that Bellatrix is her mother when he is impersonating Voldemort. She was raised by Death Eaters so, while they may have hid their opinions in polite society they probably raised her to think the same way they did, besides, he was still her 'father', no matter how horrible he was.