Thread: Putting our Quidditch Stories into the Archives

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

Putting our Quidditch Stories into the Archives

Lord I feel noobish...

When I had last played a good round of Quidditch with my housemates, we thought it would be a cool idea to have the story pulled together, beta'd, and posted in the archives for all to see and review cause it was a pretty cool story.

I still think it is and will get to my housemates on that to make it happen.

But it got me to thinking (and posting this now) that maybe we can get all the Quidditch stories like that. Cause considering all the hard work and effort that the players put into piecing the stories together, it should be worthy of some kind of viewing from the rest of the MNFF members who could leave a thoughtful review on it while each story waits to be judged.

As it stands right now, all those stories that has been judged are now deleted once the Quidditch challenge is over. To me it seems a harsh way of putting an end to all that combined talent and imagination that was put forth into making a good story.

So in the future, cause I know another round of Quidditch is about to gear up soon, could the Quidditch stories be posted in the Challenge section in the archives (possibly make a special category there for the Quidditch Stadium) that way all the hard work and effort that went into making our stories won't go in vain, unnoticed , and under appreciated?

Everybody can leave reviews for the players who worked hard into putting their stuff together, and all the teams can feel proud of their story that came out of the game.
    M.R.S.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I think this is a great idea. The teams work so hard on these entries with planning and writing, and it would be good to have this effort acknowledged by having the stories on the archives.

I know that the Puffs want to add our last one, (once we've polished it a bit) plus another from last year.

I think at the moment everything is moved to Hermione's Corner, but to have them on the archives in their own sub-cat where people can leave reviews would be fab.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    I third this suggestion. It is a shame that so many good Quidditch stories are just deleted after each month's QWC, and I think some should be saved for posterity on MNFF. A Challenge sub-category sounds good.

However, the question is, who posts them? Does someone from each team just post the story using their account, or should there be a special, neutral QWC account that uploads them or something?

Tim the Enchanter

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Why not have the captain of each match post them, with the team members as co-authors? I think that would be a nice way to give credit to every player each match too. I haven't played so far, but I definitely want to in the future – and most of all, I read those great stories; and I think they deserve to be put on the archives to be read and reviewed.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Karaley Dargen
    Why not have the captain of each match post them, with the team members as co-authors? I think that would be a nice way to give credit to every player each match too. I haven't played so far, but I definitely want to in the future – and most of all, I read those great stories; and I think they deserve to be put on the archives to be read and reviewed.
    Yeah. With the way that system is set up now, the captin can add their team members as co-authors to the story.That way the team gets credit for it and can view their reviews for the story.

Usually (from the last time I had played) we would have someone BETA'ing and piecing together as the story gets posted bit by bit. The captain would take the works and look it over once more and then resubmit it on the thread as one whole story.

I say, instead of doing this, put that whole story into the acrhive for all to view. Of course there is a time limit for getting all the posts on the thread. That has to be done in order for something to count. But the final ...FINAL PROUDCUT... would need to be BETA'd and then posted onto the archive for all to review and judge.
    M.R.S.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    I third this suggestion. It is a shame that so many good Quidditch stories are just deleted after each month's QWC, and I think some should be saved for posterity on MNFF. A Challenge sub-category sounds good.

However, the question is, who posts them? Does someone from each team just post the story using their account, or should there be a special, neutral QWC account that uploads them or something?

Tim the Enchanter
    Tim, this was my fault last time. I usually hit up each captain to 'please remember to save things' before I clean out the Pitch. I honestly wasn't aware that completed matches should have been sent to the Graveyard instead of being deleted. I know that now but, for the record, generally I wait until the next match is in the works before getting rid of things.

My bad.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3