Thread: Werewolfs

Black-Sand

Werewolfs

G'day

Okay, some myths on werewolfs say that they transform on the three facess of the full moon. In other words, the day before, the day of, and the day after a full moon. My question is: is that the same for werewolfs in Harry Potter?

As well, when do they start taking wolfsbane? How many days before their transformation?

Any information about werewolfs would be great.

...xXxLove SandyxXx...

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-Sand
    G'day

Okay, some myths on werewolfs say that they transform on the three facess of the full moon. In other words, the day before, the day of, and the day after a full moon. My question is: is that the same for werewolfs in Harry Potter?

As well, when do they start taking wolfsbane? How many days before their transformation?

Any information about werewolfs would be great.

...xXxLove SandyxXx...
    I've been under the impression that Harry Potter werewolves only transform on night of the full moon, and not several days.

Also, I recall Professor Lupin drinking Snape's Wolfsbane potion at least several days before transformation in PoA, and maybe even a week beforehand. But really, it's up to you to decide how early werewolves take the potion, if they elect to do so.

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Tim's right, in Harry Potter world they transform only on the night of the full moon.

Regarding taking Wolfsbane, He takes it at least twice in the week leading up to the full moon, because he tells Snape he'll 'take some more' when Harry is in the room. In the Shack he tells the Trio that as long as he takes it in the week leading up to the full moon then he'll become a harmless wolf and keep his mind. However he has to take it on the actual night of the full moon or he'll transform into the nasty kind however much potion he's drunk in the run up.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    If you wanting to study more aspects about the werewolf legend, though, something I would suggest would be to study the Skinwalker legends of the American Navajos. They appear to have a consept very similar to the European werewolf, except instead of being feared, these creatures are treated with a sort of reverance.

I actually have a pet theory that in the southwestern United States, there is a similar strain of the werewolf illness that was found in Europe, except those who were effected by it exhibit a bit more control in their altered states, or that the Navajos where actually able to create some sort of potion that gave Skinwalkers this sort of control, thus leading the creatures not to be feared in this particular culture.

Not that the Navajos have shared this secret with the rest of the world, though.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!