Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lily (Evans) Potter - Part II

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I'd say that there completely up for grabs, as we really don't know much about her, and I think that those are fairly minor details that Harry wouldn't care about as the books are from his point of view. Anything realistic would work, I think!
    Edit: This is a response to Weasley Mom
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Do we know anything about Lily's pregnancy? I know Harry was born July 31st... what do you think is the earliest believable time for her to have started having pregnancy symptoms? Was Harry born late/early/on time? Or are these details up for grabs?
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasley Mom
    Do we know anything about Lily's pregnancy? I know Harry was born July 31st... what do you think is the earliest believable time for her to have started having pregnancy symptoms? Was Harry born late/early/on time? Or are these details up for grabs?
    There's this really wonderful birthday calculator site that's been very reliable in the past, and so most of my answers come from there.

According to the site, the date of conception was around November 8th 1979, which was a Thursday. Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, but usually it is a week or two after conception (so around the 22nd of November...which, coincidentally, was Thanksgiving of that year--but the British don't celebrate that, do they? ). As to whether Harry was early or late, I think it's up to however you want to write it.

Hope this helps!

xx Ariana

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Carole, you lucky dog! All you got was tiredness? I jest. (a little) Yes, I'm well acquainted with the symptoms as I was quite sick during the first trimester both times. That said, I wondered if end of Oct was too early to imagine Lily having the earliest symptoms? But if Harry was, say, three weeks late, I could see her having some queasiness at the end of Oct. Maybe?

I love your thoughts on them wishing he was one day later, and thus, not a target. I've never thought of that before.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Depending on whether you think James and Lily went into hiding as soon as she was pregnant after hearing the Prophecy, then I don't think you can say that Harry was born premature. If he'd been due at end August or September then they would have thought they were safe.

he could have been late. perhaps they were longing for him to be late, so that he'd be an August baby and thus not a target.

Lori ... I thought you'd know all about pregnancy symptoms.

It is possible she didn't have many. I only suffered from tiredness for a while in the early days. It's often all to easy to write a character as pregnant with morning sickness, swollen ankles, odd cravings and mood swings. Not all of us are so afflicted.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    I remember reading when I had my first that a lot of first babies are late. Mine, on the other hand, was a week early. I think it's a rather imprecise science, to be honest, but if Harry was due in late July (otherwise why would they go into hiding?) and you go back nine months, then he would have been conceived in late October, right? So it might work for her to be feeling symptoms that early.

On the other hand, it might be a nice twist to write a woman who had no symptoms, who was happy and healthy and strong and vibrant and not running to the loo every five minutes or bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. It's everyone's fondest wish, isn't it? Keep the insomnia, though - there's lots of possibilities in that.

~Gina

Midnight Storm

Lily and the other marauders??

Hi, Midnight Storm here.

I'm working on a Lily/James fanfic and I'm wondering what Lily's relationship would be with the other marauders. She greets Sirius as 'Padfoot' in her letter to him, so obviously she was in on the whole 'animagi' secret, but how close was she to Remus and Peter? I can imagine her liking Remus, I think.

Thanks,
    Midnight Storm

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

We don't know a lot about this from canon, obviously. What we do know, however, is that James was very close with those guys, and that he valued friendship above everything else. So Lily really wouldn't get away with not being friends with them. The way she addresses them (I think she says "wormy" too) in that letter, and, actually, the fact that she even wrote it, shows that there is some affection on her part.

Lily and Sirius might bond over their siblings, or Sirius could question her about the Muggle world. Remus and Lily might have been a bit closer before that as they were Prefects together. With Peter, Lily might have shared a subject, or a soft spot for Gobstones, or collecting the chocolate frog cards.

She couldn't have been James' girlfriend without being friends with the others; that never would have worked out.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Siriusblue

Lily problems solved!

I have everything that happened in order right here! Your savior has come!
    Lily at first hated James from her 1st to mid 6th year. James saves Snape's life around their 6th year, lightening her attitude toward him. Snape then repeatedly calls Lily a mudblood (Forgive my language) and Lily absolutely hates him. In their seventh year, Lily and James start going out, and they hate Snape together happily. The end!
    I hoped that solves any discrepancies about Lily. Case solved

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusblue
    Case solved
    Er ... no.

For a start we don't know if it was hate all that time. She disliked James and thought he was a prat, but that's a long way off being unremitting hate and for over six years. If you do hate someone for that long, you are NOT going to suddenly fall in love with them, it's nonsense.

James saves Snape's life around their 6th year, lightening her attitude toward him.
    It was in their fifth year. It was before Snape's Worst Memory, according to the chronology in The Prince's Tale (Deathly Hallows) and that was in May of their fifth year.

Snape then repeatedly calls Lily a mudblood (Forgive my language) and Lily absolutely hates him.
    He calls her a Mudblood once. For Lily it's unforgiveable, but he never makes that mistake again, at least not to her face. In later life, he chastises Phineas Nigellus for calling Hermione a Mudblood.

Midnight Storm - I like to think she's friendly with all the Marauders, but there would be tensions. It obvioulsy changes their dynamic because not only is James serious about her, but he's also head Boy. The responsibility could drive the others crackers. I think she;d try to get close to Remus, he's the most astute of all of them, but would he let her get too friendly, given that he's a werewolf.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird