Thread: Azkaban Prisoners

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Azkaban Prisoners

I have a couple questions about the prisoners in Azkaban. I'll just list them so it will be eaiser.

Do we know where Sirius was in Azkaban. Was he at the top with the Death Eaters?

When Bellatrix and he husband end up there?

What other DE were there at the same time as Sirius, before and after he got there?

Do they have wizards working at Azkaban like at the bottoem or something? Or is it just only Dementors?

What do the cells look like besides the front with the bars? Would it be stone?

If someone could just answer one of the questions, I would be forever grateful.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

TheCursedQuill
    Hey there! I can try to answer some of these questions for you.

Do we know where Sirius was in Azkaban. Was he at the top with the Death Eaters?

I'm not so sure we know if the Death Eaters were at the top. There might not even be a top. Azkaban is never really described. I don't think it would be too big in size, because I can't see there being too many Wizard criminals to fit in there.

Would he be with the Death Eaters though? Yes, I believe he would be. He saw Crouch come in so his cell might have been close to Couch Jr. who, was a Death Eater.

When Bellatrix and he husband end up there?

What other DE were there at the same time as Sirius, before and after he got there?

I'm going to be lazy here (sorry ) the lexicon has a whole list of dates DE's would be in Azkaban. You can find it in the Atlas under Azkaban.

Do they have wizards working at Azkaban like at the bottoem or something? Or is it just only Dementors?

It's only dementors. Sirius said he was able to escape becuase Dementors couldn't sense him in his dog form. If there were other wizards there, I think they would notice a dog strollin' out. Of course, after the second war, Shackleboly made to it that Dementors wouldn't guard the prision, so yes, there would be working wizards.

What do the cells look like besides the front with the bars? Would it be stone?

As I said, I don't believe there is an actual description of Azkaban, but I always pictured it to be stone just to have that much more security. I also picture it to be run down and rough. The stones wouldn't be be matching and might not fit well, mostly becuase it could have been built in medieval times, or even before that. There would be no windows. I don't see there being any doors either, except for a large front one. That way people have to go out the same way they came in. No windows obviously. Hmm. That's about it.

Hope it all helps!

-Sarah

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Thank you so much! I now have another question.

Do the Dementors take the prisoners to their cell or do the people who bring that bad guys in do that? Is Moody one of the people who would bring them in?
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

Racing Co
    First off, I wonder if they would keep all the Death Eaters in the same location? It seems like it would induce more punishment if the individuals were visually and audibly disconnected from one another. Sure, one or two people might be close by necessity, but I think the DE would be kind of scattered out. As "maximum security" as Azkaban already seems to be, I don't know if the DE would need their own hall.

Of course, for story purposes, anything goes, right? That's always a good method.

Do the Dementors take the prisoners to their cell or do the people who bring that bad guys in do that? Is Moody one of the people who would bring them in?
    To jump out into speculation (always a fun place), I would guess there's an arm of the Ministry in charge of the comings and goings of Azkaban. Someone has to be in charge of who's going in, for how long, who's died, ect. I think someone affiliated with that part of the Ministry would lead the people into prison.

Of course, for more dangerous criminals like DE, I can see powerful Aurors like Moody to bring them in.

Hope this helped!